Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Comic Hero Custom Creations (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Perfect bases for Heroscape (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26316)

Spidey'tilIDie August 4th, 2009 09:15 PM

Perfect bases for Heroscape

http://www.frpgames.com/new/cart.php...detail&p=54165
These are perfect for Heroscape! They are even the same color as Marvelscape bases! And at $10 for 50, that is like 20 cents a piece!

Editor's Note: Due to poor service from the above site, you might consider ordering this fine product directly from the manufacturer here: http://www.impactminiatures.com/inde...ile&id=SP_PB30
Just remember to create a US account to get US prices and shipping rates.
And here's a great way to get some base stickers to go on those bases!

And some tips on rebasing!
~your friendly neighborhood Batman

How did you do that? Does Batman really have super-powers? ;)

I have the power of love, Spidey ... the power of love
~ Bats

tubafication August 4th, 2009 09:21 PM

Re: Perfect bases for Heroscape

That is really awesome! Can you post some pics when you get them and glue them on your figs? (I'm assuming your ordering)

Spidey'tilIDie August 4th, 2009 09:53 PM

Not only ordered them, but waited 'til I got them to post! Also, checked out two other bases that would also work that you can pick up on that site. One of which I learned of on this site (I apologize for not remembering who posted about them!)

EDIT: It was badgermaniac who found the previous one. I googled it, found this site and found the three options I ordered.

Matt Helm August 4th, 2009 11:27 PM

Spidey... you are awesome! I've been looking for the perfect base.
Now tell me, are they:
- the exact same diameter as a heroscape base?
- do they have that beveled edge (the slope, not really that important)?
- are they the same height as a heroscape base?
- you've already indicated that they are the same color as Marvel.

In other words, if I'm going to chop up all my Heroclix, I want to get a base that is almost identical to Heroscape in that it will take on the Grey Owl labels and will fit in a ladder.

Spidey'tilIDie August 4th, 2009 11:31 PM

I will check tonight and post here. I have posted to the other forum on here for Heroscape Customs, but if you know anywhere else this might be good news, please pass it on!

hextr1p August 4th, 2009 11:45 PM

Wow, these would be great if they work out. Especially being that the price is right! And Matt_Helm asked everything I want to know, so all my questions should be covered. ;)

Thanks in advance for posting pics, Spidey! As well as for posting the info.

badgermaniac August 5th, 2009 12:10 AM

What I would like to know is how they compare to the ones I posted in a thread a week or two ago.

Most notably, is the following. The ones I posted are the correct thickness to work on ladders, and their diameter is identical. However, there is a slightly different curvature on the edge, which results in a slightly smaller sticker diameter on the top and makes for a slightly larger "black edge".

What is unique about HS bases is that they don't have the curvature around the edges, but instead are a straight 45 degree slope to the bottom edge. (Does that make sense?)

Here is my comparison photo of my custom Warrior Woman for a better look. You can see the slightly different edge style.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/k...niac/CapWW.jpg

From the pics on the vendor site you provided, it is hard to see those kinds of details, so if you could fill us in, that would be great.

Spidey'tilIDie August 5th, 2009 12:27 AM

Thanks badger, I actually ordered these with some of those and they are the same size, but the new ones have the same 45 degree angle and really no lip on them. I have not checked the width, but I plan to.

Spidey'tilIDie August 5th, 2009 01:20 AM

Ok, I will try to post a pic tomorrow, but here is the rundown.
the Base I found is slightly smaller than Heroscape base, but slightly larger than the Dark Ages base badger uses. It does have the 45 degree sides and also has holes underneath that can be punched out or drilled out, not sure which, ala Heroscape. Base is shorter whereas base badger found is same width. Sticker size looks exactly the same. And it actually falls between the two sticker sizes on GreyOwl's tools. I actually got a third base which may turn out to be the best one. But I will report on it tomorrow.

badgermaniac August 5th, 2009 01:24 AM

For the record, the DA bases are exactly 30mm diameter. Official HS bases are 33mm.

What is interesting is that I had thought I had measured HS bases to be 30mm as well (must have been a quick measure). Based on that, I would be surprised to find an exact match as 33mm would seem to be a very odd size to make bases for.

Spidey'tilIDie August 5th, 2009 01:37 AM

No, I agree. After receiving them and placing them next to HS base they are about 2 mm shorter in Diameter (by eyeballing.) Best way I can describe them is like the top of the Heroscape base, but minus the bevel on top and bottom. Hold your HS base sideways and you will notice a slight lip on bottom that either curves in or rounds down, this is absent from these Elfball bases. But in the positive, top is so close to the same size, naked eye can't tell the difference and price is cheaper, not to mention has supported holes to drill out for glueing in Horrorsclix or Heroclix figs. Plus minus the lip on top, a little super glue keeps the sticker from ever pulling off.

GreyOwl August 5th, 2009 11:20 AM

Hey, if we all agree on some good bases I can modify my sticker sheets to add a size made specifically for them.

Maybe if someone could take good quality, well-lit pictures of the 2 candidates along side an official one, from several angles, we could vote on it and make it "standard"?