Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Balantai December 21st, 2010 05:00 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Well since you're the next person, PK, go ahead and submit your choice. If dfonze or KoW make their way back here, I'll place them under you.

*Please follow the format shown on the first page.

Pumpkin_King December 21st, 2010 05:53 PM

Alrighty.

Agent Smith, from the Matrix series.
Using a Krav Maga figure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_smith

Agent Smith will be a Unique Squad, owing to his multiples in the movie. I'd like him to have the ability to corrupt other figures, either destroyed ones or through a d20 roll, into previously destroyed Agent Smith figures. Some form of martial arts ability would help, but is not mandatory. Also, an ability called "UNPLUGGED." Something about him moving weirdly in relation to normal order marker activation, owing to the part in the movie where he says that he's a free agent, no longer connected to the Matrix.

Card in progress:http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...agentsmith.jpg

Taeblewalker December 21st, 2010 06:15 PM

UNPLUGGED
TBA

ME TOO!
When an Agent Smith destroys an adjacent small or medium Agent, you may place a previously destroyed Agent Smith on the space the figure occupied.

Edit: For Unplugged, I was thinking of an idea like the one proposed by Machineking below, but I thought it would be too powerful. I am really starting to like the idea of making him a common hero, though! But would there be a unique original to go with him? Probably not.

Also, I was going for Agent-only thinking I was in theme with the movie, but that was kind of off I see now.

JC McMinis December 21st, 2010 06:27 PM

Glad to see this thread is still going. Sorry I havent been around lately..my computer took a dump and I lost everything. I still dont have internet access and am posting this via my cell phone. Hopefully I will be back online soon and can re download all the custom making toolsband contribut to the community once again. Until then keep up the good work.

killercactus December 21st, 2010 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1298283)
UNPLUGGED
TBA

ME TOO!
When an Agent Smith destroys an adjacent small or medium Agent, you may place a previously destroyed Agent Smith on the space the figure occupied.

Surely the destroyed figure doesn't need to be an agent - Smith could assimilate pretty much anything.

machinekng December 21st, 2010 06:41 PM

Hmm...

Agent Smith
Program
Unique Squad
Agent
Pragmatic

Life 1
Move 5
Range 6
Attack 3
Defense 4

Replication Subroutine
When an Agent Smith destroys an adjacent small or medium figure, you may place a previously destroyed Agent Smith on the space the figure occupied.

Unplugged
At the beginning of the round, after initiative is rolled, you may reveal a numbered order marker on Agent Smith's army card and immediatley take a turn with Agent Smith.

Hand to Hand Combat
When an Agent Smith attacks an adjacent figure, you may roll one additional die.

killercactus December 21st, 2010 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King (Post 1298271)
Alrighty.

Agent Smith, from the Matrix series.
Using a Krav Maga figure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_smith

Agent Smith will be a Unique Squad, owing to his multiples in the movie. I'd like him to have the ability to corrupt other figures, either destroyed ones or through a d20 roll, into previously destroyed Agent Smith figures. Some form of martial arts ability would help, but is not mandatory. Also, an ability called "UNPLUGGED." Something about him moving weirdly in relation to normal order marker activation, owing to the part in the movie where he says that he's a free agent, no longer connected to the Matrix.

Card in progress:http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...agentsmith.jpg

I know you said Unique Squad, but I'm gonna try a new mechanic that's a bit off the wall to try and get the ultimate in theme.

Just going for theme here - this might be really expensive...

Agent Smith
Vydar (or maybe even Valkrill - Smith was just really chaos)
Anomaly (once he's unplugged, he's not really a program anymore)
Uncommon Hero
Agent
Ruthless
Medium 4
Life: 3
Move: 6
Range: 7
Attack: 4
Defense: 3

Unplugged - Begin the game with up to two additional Agent Smith figures on this Army Card. These figures are considered "previously destroyed". When an Agent Smith you control is destroyed, you may place it on this Army Card unless you already have 3 Agent Smith figures on this Army Card. When you reveal an Order Marker on this Army Card, you may take a turn with any Agent Smith figure you control, as long as one remains on the board.

Self-Duplication - When Agent Smith destroys an adjacent Small or Medium figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, replace the destroyed figure with one of your previously destroyed Agent Smith figures and immediately take a turn with it.

Stealth Dodge - When Agent Smith is attacked by a non-adjacent figure, one shield will block all damage.

The idea was to start with a couple Smiths, but be able to really multiply to more than you started with, which is what Smith did. Unplugged lets you activate any one of them with an OM on any card, and Self-Duplication can let you get multiple activations. I thought Stealth Dodge was appropriate since I'm pretty sure the Matrix agents were where the designers got the idea for Stealth Dodge on the Krav anyway.

EDIT: I just realized I need a way to keep track of which wounds are on which one... hmmm. I have to go wrap presents now, but I'll think about that.

wulfhunter667 December 21st, 2010 10:53 PM

First impressions, very good. Overall looks like the kind of chaotic character I'd like to put on the board. ;)
Ideas...
I'm not so sure I like him being Vydar. But, then again, not sure which other general would have him.
Second, and I know I'll probably catch hell for this, but why not make him a common hero, drop his Life to 1 and leave the rest as is? I mean, he has Stealth Dodge and a killer Range. I don't see him being an easy kill at distance.
Of course, that's just my :2cents:.

Pumpkin_King December 21st, 2010 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 (Post 1298569)
Second, and I know I'll probably catch hell for this, but why not make him a common hero, drop his Life to 1 and leave the rest as is? I mean, he has Stealth Dodge and a killer Range. I don't see him being an easy kill at distance.

If we are making him a hero of any sort, I'd say a common hero rather than uncommon. To tell the truth I'm not a fan of the uncommon hero mechanic, and it just makes a little more sense to me to have him as a 1-life hero or squad.

killercactus December 21st, 2010 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King (Post 1298583)
Quote:

Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 (Post 1298569)

If we are making him a hero of any sort, I'd say a common hero rather than uncommon. To tell the truth I'm not a fan of the uncommon hero mechanic, and it just makes a little more sense to me to have him as a 1-life hero or squad.

I agree - revamp:

Quote:

Originally Posted by killercactus (Post 1298555)
Agent Smith
Uncommon Hero
Agent
Ruthless
Medium 4
Life: 31

Unplugged - Begin the game with up to two additional Agent Smith figures on this Army Card for every Agent Smith figure in your army. These figures are considered "previously destroyed". When an Agent Smith you control is destroyed, you may place it on this Army Card unless you already have 3 Agent Smith figures on this Army Card. When you reveal an Order Marker on this Army Card, you may take a turn with anyall Agent Smith figures you control.

Self-Duplication - When Agent Smith destroys an adjacent Small or Medium figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, replace the destroyed figure with one of your previously destroyed Agent Smith figures and immediately take a turn with it.

Improved Stealth Dodge - When Agent Smith is attacked by a non-adjacent figure, add one to Agent Smith's defense for each space between him and the attacker, and one shield will block all damage.

The idea was to start with a couple Smiths, but be able to really multiply to more than you started with, which is what Smith did. Unplugged lets you activate any one of them with an OM on any card, and Self-Duplication can let you get multiple activations. I thought Stealth Dodge was appropriate since I'm pretty sure the Matrix agents were where the designers got the idea for Stealth Dodge on the Krav anyway.

How about this? I beefed up Stealth Dodge to try and keep him alive longer to replicate, and made Unplugged activate all the Smiths, since with him being common it didn't do anything anymore. I think that's more thematic anyway, really. Again, this guy is probably pretty expensive...

mac122 December 22nd, 2010 02:05 AM

Nice choice, PK.

If it was Agent Smith from the first movie, I'd suggest an ability where when he was killed, on a certain d20 roll you could swap his figure with any common figure you control.

For this version, though, I'd like to see an ability that let's Agent Smith make duplicates of himself with any opposing hero. Sort of a modified Mind Shackle. Roll the d20, on a certain roll, you take control of the figure and card. For the rest of the game, you ignore the stats on that figure's card and use Agent Smith's instead. IMO, Common Hero would work best for this.

wulfhunter667 December 22nd, 2010 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killercactus
Agent Smith
UncCommon Hero
Agent
Ruthless
Medium 4
Life: 31

Unplugged - Begin the game with up to two additional Agent Smith figures on this Army Card for every Agent Smith figure in your army. These figures are considered "previously destroyed". When an Agent Smith you control is destroyed, you may place it on this Army Card unless you already have 3 Agent Smith figures on this Army Card. When you reveal an Order Marker on this Army Card, you may take a turn with anyall Agent Smith figures you control.

Self-Duplication - When an Agent Smith destroys an adjacent Small or Medium figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, replace the destroyed figure with one of your previously destroyed Agent Smith figures and immediately take a turn with it.

Improved Stealth Dodge - When an Agent Smith is attacked by a non-adjacent figure, add one to Agent Smith's defense for each space between him and the attacker, to a maximum of 3 additional defense dice, and one shield will block all damage.

Suggested changes above.