Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Confred March 27th, 2015 08:24 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 2011696)
I still like the idea of making Jack's Compass a Treasure Glyph instead of a power. In the movies other people stole and used Jack's Compass, so it would make sense thematically.

I'm fine with that. Sounds fun. You're the design lead.

Didn't get to playtest had surprise visit by the in-laws

Edit: Ana Karithon:
TURN UNDEAD SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 4.
Turn Undead Special Attack can be used to attack only Undead figures.
>>>
RESERVED BULLET SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 6.
At the start of the game choose a Unique Hero. Reserved Bullet Special Attack can be used to attack only the chosen figure and only once per game.

Edit2: Looking at Doctor Doom:
PARLEY (v3) (Doctor Doom) (HoF)
If an opponent reveals a numbered order marker from any Army Card of a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Captain Jack, you may immediately choose that figure to Parley. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15-19, the turn ends. If you roll a 20 or higher, take temporary control of the chosen figure and take that turn with the chosen figure. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen figure returns to the player who controlled the figure before the Parley. All order markers that were on the chosen figure's card will stay on the card.
Edit2.1> The reason why I didn't state "take an immediate turn" is because you've already "immediately chosen" and thus this action is already in the immediate time.

If the chosen figure is a squad figure, should we be able to use all other members of that squad or just the one chosen for the Parley?

Taeblewalker March 27th, 2015 09:11 PM

I think to keep it in keeping with official examples, taking control should only work on unique and uncommon heroes.

Confred March 27th, 2015 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 2011751)
I think to keep it in keeping with official examples, taking control should only work on unique and uncommon heroes.

Such a limitation would drastically weaken the card and break theme - Jack especially fools the randoms. The current wording works, but only affects one figure.

Updated version for playtest:
HEART'S DESIRE
Start the game with 1 Treasure Glyph of Jack's Compass on this card.

Range 5. Attack 6.
At the start of the game choose a Unique Hero. Reserved Bullet Special Attack can be used to attack only the chosen figure and only once per game.

PARLEY
If an opponent reveals a numbered order marker from any Army Card of a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Captain Jack, you may immediately choose that figure to Parley. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15-19, the turn ends. If you roll a 20 or higher, take temporary control of the chosen figure and take that turn with the chosen figure. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen figure returns to the player who controlled the figure before the Parley. All order markers that were on the chosen figure's card will stay on the card.
----

Do we want the Treasure Glyph be named Jack's Compass or a more generic Treasure Compass?
If named Jack's Compass, do we want it to be an Ancient Artifact?

JC McMinis March 28th, 2015 07:05 AM

What if we called it Tia Dalma's Compass or Calypso's Compass as that is where Jack originally got it from.

McHotcakes March 28th, 2015 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2011759)
Quote:

Such a limitation would drastically weaken the card and break theme - Jack especially fools the randoms. The current wording works, but only affects one figure.

This gets me thinking. Are you guys okay with Jack Sparrow taking turns with entire enemy squads? Or would you prefer he only takes a turn with one figure from a squad?

Also I think Parley should effect common figures. As Confred said, the randoms are the most easily influenced by Jack.

Quote:

Range 5. Attack 6.
At the start of the game choose a Unique Hero. Reserved Bullet Special Attack can be used to attack only the chosen figurehero and only once per game.

I think this version works.

Quote:

Do we want the Treasure Glyph be named Jack's Compass or a more generic Treasure Compass?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2011799)
What if we called it Tia Dalma's Compass or Calypso's Compass as that is where Jack originally got it from.

I did some quick little research and according to the wikis and guides Jack's Compass seems to be its official name.

Quote:

do we want it to be an Ancient Artifact?

I say yes. It is a unique item.

Confred March 30th, 2015 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 2011936)
Quote:

Quote:

This gets me thinking. Are you guys okay with Jack Sparrow taking turns with entire enemy squads? Or would you prefer he only takes a turn with one figure from a squad?

Also I think Parley should effect common figures. As Confred said, the randoms are the most easily influenced by Jack.

Quote:

Range 5. Attack 6.
At the start of the game choose a Unique Hero. Reserved Bullet Special Attack can be used to attack only the chosen figurehero and only once per game.

I think this version works.

My version of Reserved Bullet Special Attack said "figure" at the end thinking a hero will always be a figure, but somehow maybe a power could make the chosen no longer a hero? But I'm fine with that change.
Edit: it's probably "chosen hero figure"

As for Parley, I haven't decided. I could choose just one figure for simplicty's sake or I could go with a more wordier whole squad version that feels a little better.

McHotcakes March 30th, 2015 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2012040)
My version of Reserved Bullet Special Attack said "figure" at the end thinking a hero will always be a figure, but somehow maybe a power could make the chosen no longer a hero?

I changed figure to hero just for the sake of consistency. I think if you refer to a specific figure as a hero at the start of a power, then it should be called hero whenever it is mentioned in the same power. Just ocd on my part.

Confred March 30th, 2015 03:04 PM

UPDATED for testing:

HEART'S DESIRE
Start the game with 1 Ancient Artifact Treasure Glyph of Jack's Compass on this card.

Range 5. Attack 6.
At the start of the game choose a Unique Hero. Reserved Bullet Special Attack can be used to attack only the chosen hero and only once per game.

PARLEY

---
Parley multiple figures would be fiddly, talking about sentences and not just a word or two

McHotcakes April 3rd, 2015 12:22 PM

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
General: Aquilla

Life 4
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 4

Reserved Bullet Special Attack
Range 5. Attack 6.
At the start of the game choose a Unique Hero. Reserved Bullet Special Attack can be used to attack only the chosen hero and only once per game.

Parley
If an opponent reveals a numbered order marker from the Army Card of a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Captain Jack, you may immediately choose that figure to Parley. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15-19, the turn ends. If you roll a 20 or higher, take temporary control of the chosen figure and take that turn with the chosen figure. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen figure returns to the player who controlled the figure before the Parley. All order markers that were on the chosen figure's card will stay on the card.

Heart's Desire
At the start of the game place the Jack's Compass Treasure Glyph on this Army Card.

Jack's Compass
Permanent Treasure Glyph

This figure may add 2 to their move as long as they are unengaged prior to moving and end their move on a glyph.

So this is where Jack is at now. Does anyone have anymore suggestions? If not then we need to decide on a point cost for Jack.

SirGalahad April 3rd, 2015 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 2012823)
Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
General: Aquilla

Life 4
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 4

Reserved Bullet Special Attack
Range 5. Attack 6.

Parley
If an opponent reveals a numbered order marker from on the Army Card of a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Captain Jack, you may immediately choose that figure to Parley. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15-19, the turn ends. If you roll a 20 or higher, take temporary control of the chosen figure and take that turn with the chosen figure. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen figure returns to the player who controlled the figure before the Parley. All order markers that were on the chosen figure's card will stay on the card.

Heart's Desire
At the start of the game place the Jack's Compass Treasure Glyph on this Army Card.

Jack's Compass
Permanent Treasure Glyph

This figure may add 2 to their its move as long as they are it is unengaged prior to moving and ends its their move on a glyph.

So this is where Jack is at now. Does anyone have anymore suggestions? If not then we need to decide on a point cost for Jack.

Do you want the SA reserved for an opponent's Unique Hero?

Parley is still messy. What if there is more than one squad figure within 4 spaces. What about Common Heroes (that only need one card)? Which squad figure gets to move first--the opponent's or the one you control? Which ones get to attack first? It would be much cleaner to limit the power to Unique Heroes.

McHotcakes April 4th, 2015 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 2012873)
Do you want the SA reserved for an opponent's Unique Hero?

Yes. Good catch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 2012873)
Parley is still messy. What if there is more than one squad figure within 4 spaces. What about Common Heroes (that only need one card)? Which squad figure gets to move first--the opponent's or the one you control? Which ones get to attack first? It would be much cleaner to limit the power to Unique Heroes.

I see what you mean. I wouldn't mind limiting the use of Parley to effect only heroes, even though its a bit of a theme lose. I think we could make it work with common heroes as well as unique ones though.

Confred April 4th, 2015 10:56 AM

PARLEY (v3.2)
If an opponent reveals a numbered order marker on any Army Card of a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Captain Jack, you may immediately choose that figure to Parley. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15-19, the turn ends. If you roll a 20 or higher, take temporary control of the chosen figure and take that turn with the chosen figure. If the chosen figure is a squad figure, no other figures in that squad may take this turn. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen figure returns to the player who controlled the figure before the Parley. All order markers that were on the chosen figure's card will stay on the card.
---
Alternate, with different function:
PARLEY (v4)
If an opponent reveals a numbered order marker on any Army Card of a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Captain Jack, you may immediately choose that figure to Parley. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13-17, figures you control cannot be attacked this turn. If you roll a 18 or higher, the turn ends.
===
Edit: PLAYTEST 1: Captain Jack {100} vs Agent Carr {100}
Map: Mole Hills
Glyphs: Random unknown, power side down, no traps.
1)
Carr wins initiative and makes his way towards the north glyph.
Captain Jack makes his way for the south glyph.
Carr reveals +1Atk Glyph, but doesn't feel like staying in place to use it.
Captain Jack makes it to his Glyph without needing his special power, +2 not being enough, would have made it one turn sooner if it was +3, but +2 is still probably fine. Captain Jack reveals treasure glyph of teleport and picks it up.
2)
Carr wins initiative and makes his way towards Captain Jack, keeping to the high grounds.
Captain Jack teleports to even higher ground and normal attacks at +1, inflicting 1 wound.
Carr ignores Parley roll of 4 and Reckonings for 2 wounds, 6atk vs 4+1def.
Captain Jack uses his Bullet and inflicts 3 wounds. Carr is at 1Life and Jack is at 2Life.
Carr ignores Parley roll of 9 and Reckonings for 2 more wounds, ending the game.
Agent Carr Wins with 1 Life remaining.
and Captain Jack drops his compass for Agent Carr to use later.
:::
Commentary: I'm glad his Attack was at 3. When facing Carr, it didn't feel like Captain Jack was swashbuckling, it felt like he was dancing as if trying to avoid a mouse squealing to get a word in - which was kind of funny. The Reserved Bullet felt good. It was a close battle, and if Parley worked once, it may have gone the other way.
= Captain Jack could use a little power boost, perhaps reducing Parley from 15 to 9?
or utilize him as a Glyph grabber and make him cheaper, around 70-80-90?
I could humor the thought of as low as 70 due to his Glyph being a prize for the opponent that kills him.