Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Taeblewalker April 20th, 2012 10:30 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

I'm pretty happy with things as they are. I'm tempted to have some kind of leadership power, like letting a small or medium Unique Hero who follows Aquilla go before him, which would let him work with his team. It would allow the three dwarves, Zogross, Van Nessing, Master Woo, and Kira Jax, as well as Ookla and Ariel.

Fi Skirata April 20th, 2012 10:36 PM

How do you guys think this figure would do for Thundarr?
http://www.miniaturemarket.com:8080/...D/D/DDDE25.jpg

Taeblewalker April 21st, 2012 01:32 AM

Not bad, though he really looks more like He-Man. But I do have that figure.

JC McMinis April 21st, 2012 02:01 PM

Here's a possible alternate for those of us who don't mind painting or paying a little extra.
http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStor...tail/02616_w_1

Taeblewalker April 21st, 2012 05:22 PM

Perfect, JC!

Fi Skirata April 21st, 2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1596518)
I'm pretty happy with things as they are. I'm tempted to have some kind of leadership power, like letting a small or medium Unique Hero who follows Aquilla go before him, which would let him work with his team. It would allow the three dwarves, Zogross, Van Nessing, Master Woo, and Kira Jax, as well as Ookla and Ariel.

Has he ever been shown to be a leader in a wide extent (other then being the 'leader' of there group of three)?

JC McMinis April 21st, 2012 09:20 PM

Their were a couple of episodes as I recall where, while protecting large groups of people (once it was humans on a train and ocean it was Moks) that they looked to him for guidance.

Taeblewalker April 21st, 2012 11:50 PM

He also tends to give the orders.

JC McMinis April 22nd, 2012 09:19 PM

How about an updated draft Taeblewalker

tcglkn April 23rd, 2012 12:19 AM

Yea, it'd be nice to see what we are working from now. I liked this guy as a one power design but it seems you guys want to add more here.

Taeblewalker April 23rd, 2012 05:12 AM

SUNSWORD SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 5.

Thundarr may not use Sun Sword Special Attack against Human figures. Soulborgs and destructible objects roll two fewer defense dice against Sun Sword Special Attack.

SUNSWORD DEFLECTION
When Thundarr is attacked by a figure that is not adjacent, one shield will block all damage. Sunsword Deflection does not work on attacks which affect multiple figures.

OOKLA, ARIEL! RIDE!
Before taking a turn with Thundarr, you may first take a turn with a Unique Hero you control who follows Aquilla within four clear sight spaces.

The last power allows him to take turns with Migol Ironwill, Darak Ambershard, Mogrim Forgehammer, Brave Arrow, Rhogar Dragonspine, Master Win Chiu Woo, Van Nessing and Kira Jax. Plus of course Ariel and Ookla, if we make them some time (and we should!).

mac122 April 23rd, 2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1597290)
SUNSWORD SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 5.
Thundarr may not use Sunsword Special Attack against Human figures. Soulborgs and destructible objects roll two fewer defense dice against Sun Sword Special Attack.

SUNSWORD DEFLECTION
When Thundarr is attacked by a figure that is not adjacent, one shield will block all damage. Sunsword Deflection does not work against attacks which affect multiple figures.

OOKLA, ARIEL! RIDE!
Before taking a turn with Thundarr, you may first take a turn with a Unique Hero you control who follows Aquilla within four clear sight spaces.

Seems like a nice mix of powers.

Admittedly, I don't know anything about Thundarr except what was posted in the rather lean Wikipedia article, but why would Sunsword Deflection not protect Thundarr from his portion of a Mimring Fire Line? I believe you are trying to not allow SD against area effect attacks like explosions, but not the multiple attack SA's, correct? I think the current wording could cause some confusion about which special attacks SD will work against. One could argue that though they are targeted separately, multiple figures can be "affected" by Queglix. It would be simpler to either limit SD's effect to normal attacks or allow it against any non-adjacent attack.