Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Video Games (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   What Video Game are you Currently Playing? (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23029)

ParaGoomba Slayer July 21st, 2009 09:24 PM

Re: What Video Game are you Currently Playing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jschild (Post 876676)
Why would anyone want to use that torture device?

Because I want sto play some of the games on it. I plan to get Red Alarm and Mario Clash soon. Those look like fun games.

jschild July 21st, 2009 11:06 PM

Just wait for the headaches....

You will get them.

jbbnbsmith July 26th, 2009 11:26 PM

Just got Wii Sports Resort with the motion plus controller. This is my second one now since I previously purchased Tiger Woods with the motion plus bundled-in.

There are 12 games, and each game has 3 variations, so there are really 36 different games. The swordplay games are especially fun, and challenging. I also really like the archery and ping pong. Basketball is surprisingly difficult, which is probably a good thing.

Definitely a "light" offering, but still lots of fun. The new bowling and golf seem a bit redundant, but the motion plus definitely improves the game play. If you enjoyed Wii Sports, then you will probably like Sports Resort, but I recommend you pick up a second motion plus as you will definitely want to go head to head with many of these games.

ParaGoomba Slayer July 27th, 2009 12:03 AM

Paper Mario 1, The Conduit, and some Team Fortress Classic.

jschild July 27th, 2009 07:16 AM

Just helped my son finish Halo Wars last night (he has trouble with the timed missions). Working through Gears of War 2 now. Great game if you like intense action.

holylink718 July 27th, 2009 09:35 AM

I just picked up InFamous via Gamefly and I found Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time on eBay for like 10 bucks, so I scooped that up. I've gotten to the second island on InFamous. I like the game but it's a little annoying how easy it is to get swarmed and killed at the drop of a hat. As for Sands of Time, I only got to the second level, but I have a feeling the game's gonna be good (for a PS2 game of a few years ago...I can't believe I missed this one).

Both are great games so far.

Jormi_Boced July 27th, 2009 10:51 AM

I decided to throw Advance Wars Dual Strike back in the old DS.

darkeye202 July 27th, 2009 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holylink718 (Post 879955)
I just picked up InFamous via Gamefly and I found Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time on eBay for like 10 bucks, so I scooped that up. I've gotten to the second island on InFamous. I like the game but it's a little annoying how easy it is to get swarmed and killed at the drop of a hat. As for Sands of Time, I only got to the second level, but I have a feeling the game's gonna be good (for a PS2 game of a few years ago...I can't believe I missed this one).

Both are great games so far.

I highly recommend all 3 of the Prince of Persia games for PS2. Those may be some of the best games I've ever played.:D

jschild July 27th, 2009 08:16 PM

How is the newest one if you've played it? I've toyed with adding it to my queue.

darkeye202 July 27th, 2009 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jschild (Post 880441)
How is the newest one if you've played it? I've toyed with adding it to my queue.

I'm going to assume you were asking me. :) I haven't played it, due to a lack of any new consoles, but I think it should be an okay game. The thing that worries me is it may be too easy. In the last 3 games part of the difficulty was in getting from point A to point B without falling to your death... Now that the girl (I don't remember her name) is with you, she'll save you if you fall off an edge. Plus with the whole "Save the world from the polluting sludge" theme going, it always reminded me of that one online Nickelodeon game. :lol:

holylink718 July 27th, 2009 10:17 PM

I've actually played the latest one but I didn't like it. I almost didn't get Sands of Time, but I'm glad I did. The biggest problem with the PS3 Prince of Persia (IMO) was the combat was lacking. It kind of tied you down in the invisible "ring" when you encountered an enemy and you couldn't move around very easily. Other than that, the graphics were good (strange, but good), and I loved the acrobatics that most of the game utilized.

jschild August 12th, 2009 08:27 AM

Really enjoying Tomb Raider: Underworld right now. Very faithful to the original game with little combat and heavy emphasis on enviromental puzzles.

On a side note for younger kids, LEGO Indiana Jones rocks and my son beat it with virtually no help from me at all (Other than jumping him across a few hard spots and one very, very annoying puzzle piece walking across the ledge thing that is stupidly hard to figure out).