Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

JC McMinis April 29th, 2012 11:51 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1600699)
Since we left Doc Savage to the Supers threads, I would do the same for the Incredibles.

True...was just pointing out the ones I already made.

William099 April 30th, 2012 01:31 AM

Cool yeah Frozone is my favorite. I like the ideas for Harry so far how about he have a magical defense special power? Something similar to the C3G's perhaps?

tcglkn April 30th, 2012 01:42 AM

I was just gonna give him a higher defense.

William099 April 30th, 2012 02:07 AM

That works too. I like the other three powers more anyways. I just thought of the magical defense off the top of my head.

tcglkn April 30th, 2012 02:21 AM

This is what I am thinking so far. And I have no ideas on the figure.

NAME = Harry Potter

FACTION = Jandar

SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Wizard
PERSONALITY = Driven? Loyal? Merciful?

SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = .

APPARATION
Before Apparating, you may choose an adjacent friendly figure. Instead of moving and attacking with Harry Potter, you may place him on any unoccupied space. You may place the chosen figure on any empty space adjacent to Harry Potter. Harry Potter and the chosen figure will not take any leaving engagement attacks and cannot be placed adjacent to an opponent's figure. Harry Potter may only use Apparation once per round.

EXPELLIARMUS!
Instead of attacking, Harry Potter may choose a Unique Hero within 5 clear sight spaces. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 6 or higher, the chosen hero Range is reduced to 1 and that hero rolls one fewer attack die for the remainder of the round.

STUPEFY
If Harry Potter inflicts a wound on a figure, remove the lowest numbered order marker from that figure's card.

William099 April 30th, 2012 02:33 AM

Looks good definitely Loyal.

machinekng April 30th, 2012 08:34 AM

Looks pretty good.

I'd drop his base attack to 3, as due to Apparition, he's usually going to have height.

I also think Stupefy should only work on Unique Heroes, as common figures will be destroyed by a single wound.

mac122 April 30th, 2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 1600757)

NAME = Harry Potter

FACTION = Jandar

SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Wizard

SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = .

APPARATION
Before Apparating, you may choose an adjacent friendly figure. Instead of moving and attacking with Harry Potter, you may place him on any unoccupied space. You may place the chosen figure on any empty space adjacent to Harry Potter. Harry Potter and the chosen figure will not take any leaving engagement attacks and cannot be placed adjacent to an opponent's figure. Harry Potter may only use Apparation once per round.

EXPELLIARMUS!
Instead of attacking, Harry Potter may choose a Unique Hero within 5 clear sight spaces. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 6 or higher, the chosen hero's Range is reduced to 1 and that hero rolls one fewer attack die for the remainder of the round.

STUPEFY
If Harry Potter inflicts a wound on a figure but does not destroy it, remove the lowest numbered order marker from that figure's card.

Nice draft. Definitely Loyal for the personality. If you didn't already have a good mix of powers it would be nice to have a "Defense Against the Dark Arts" or "The Boy Who Lived" power that would protect Harry from specials.

SirGalahad April 30th, 2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1600825)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 1600757)

NAME = Harry Potter

FACTION = Jandar

SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Wizard

SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = .

APPARATION

EXPELLIARMUS!
Instead of attacking, Harry Potter may choose a Unique Hero within 5 clear sight spaces. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 6 or higher, the chosen hero's Range is reduced to 1 and that hero rolls one fewer attack die for the remainder of the round.

STUPEFY
If Harry Potter inflicts a wound on a figure but does not destroy it, the player controlling that figure must remove the lowest numbered order marker from that figure's card.

Nice draft. Definitely Loyal for the personality. If you didn't already have a good mix of powers it would be nice to have a "Defense Against the Dark Arts" or "The Boy Who Lived" power that would protect Harry from specials.

You could up his move since he's one of the best seekers to give him the height advantage, lose Apparition (since that's more a Hermione thing anyway), and add Mac's suggested special power that gives him an additional defense die against special attacks.

THE BOY WHO LIVED
When defending against a special attack, Harry Potter adds 1 additional die to his defense.

Also, since the player controlling Harry wouldn't know which OM is the lowest numbered, it would be the player whose figure was wounded who would have to do that.

JC McMinis April 30th, 2012 02:37 PM

The only reason he moves so fast is his broom. Are you planning on giving him flying as well....or are you thinking maybe a Glyph?

mac122 April 30th, 2012 02:40 PM

Harry Potter does open the door for some interesting glyphs. A broom (like JC mentioned), Cloak of Invisibility, Marauder's Map (let you look at OMs perhaps),

tcglkn April 30th, 2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1600938)
Harry Potter does open the door for some interesting glyphs. A broom (like JC mentioned), Cloak of Invisibility, Marauder's Map (let you look at OMs perhaps),

That's interesting. I wouldn't mind dropping Apparation and letting him start the game those Glyphs. There is already an Invisibility Cloak Glyph, So we would just need a Broom and Marauder's Map. That would be fun. I think the Marauder's Map should let you get an initiative bonus if you have OMs on the army card of the figure carrying the Glyph. Since Harry would know where everyone is, he could better plan his assault.