Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Balantai July 14th, 2010 05:02 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction Thread

If we playtest, ideally, we'd have three people playtest each figure. Then we could have those three playtesters propose a cost based on their own playtests and finalize from there.

Hidicul July 14th, 2010 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1143812)
Playtesters would have to agree to honor the die results, no matter what. If they believe the playtests might have been less than valid because of quirky dice, they are welcome to redo them, but report all results. I have playtested a number of figures, and that's the way it seems to work. Getting one-shot is no fun, so running the test again helps to ensure that it was just a fluke and not that something is wrong with the design.

I honor all the results of the dice Sir G, I even offered to re-test When I tested the SCS and ArkilloEviserated Superman with a 20 the first time I tried;) I agree that some tests should be redone due to overly quirky results.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1143817)
Quote:

Originally Posted by hidicul (Post 1143809)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hrockle (Post 1143804)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1143798)
C3G has created a fantastic playtesting form that even Gbob has said is great. If we move forward with playtesting, we'll use that process.

If we force everyone to sign up and playtest, the project will likely fail. Many people don't have the time or interest in playtesting. If everyone has to playtest, it's going to feel like work. That's not what I'm looking for.

Perhaps you can link that form?

What if we had a separate set of people who enjoy playtesting to playtest cards, or just allow onlookers to playtest?

All you need to do is go to the C3G playtest thread and click on the link there for a blank one, although I think we should ask Bats if he minds us using that sheet. You want me shoot him question about that Balantia?

I'm 99.99% sure Bats wouldn't mind if we used the form. If you want to send him a PM, you're more than welcome to. Afterall, I was an active part of C3G at the time of it's creation. :D

I was think along the lines that it would be respectful of us to ask him is all Balantia. I agree that I don't think that Bats will have a proble, but I'll shoot him the request anyways.;) Like I said I think if we have two more people willing to do al the playtesting with me or just have two people sign up when it's time we should be fine for playtesting.

Edit: Since Balantia ninja'd me saying he wanted 3 tests ran, I changed the original one more to two more

mac122 July 14th, 2010 05:31 PM

Sorry, late to the discussion on playtesting. Darn work keeps getting in the way.;)
Adding a playtesting component would be great, but I understand many don't have the time to playtest on a regular basis. I definitely think we should require figures to pass playtesting before getting our stamp of approval, as long as performing playtests is not a requirement for membership in the group.

A note on the C3G playtesting rules: the playtesting guidelines for Project Pokemon and TrekScape are based off of C3G's. If it ain't broke, don't recreate the wheel...or something like that.

Balantai July 14th, 2010 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1143882)
If it ain't broke, don't recreate the wheel...or something like that.

That's awesome. It's going in my signature. :D

JC McMinis July 14th, 2010 05:43 PM

Ok well seeing as I am first
Character Name: Simon BelmontGenre: Video Game (Castlevania)
Miniature Used:For now the Drow Chainfighter as I have not been able to find a white guy with a whip. If I get another Drow I will probably repaint it to look like Simon.
Description: Whip wielding undead slaying hero of the original Castlevania, decendant of a long line of vampire hunters.
Direction: I actually have had a card made up for him for about a month and thought posting him here would help balance him out for play. Also in anticipation of posting him in this thread I wrote a little Bio on why and who brought him to Valhalla, enjoy.

Bio: Scouts returned to Jandar in his war room bringing bad news, he had lost more troops to the Esenweins and their zombie minions. Jandar moved to his wellspring chamber, looking to find someone who could help battle the undead minions of Utgar. As he gazed into the pool his vision first came upon a dark skinned Earth warrior fighting with a katana, but as he watch him battle a vampire, the man know as Blade seemed to reckless for Jandar's liking. The vision faded and then came unto Earth again, but Jandar new that his vision had crossed dimensions. Here he watched as a Proffessor and his allies battled against a vampire and his gypsy minions. Van Helsing and his group impressed him, but they were not really warriors. The pool faded and cleared upon yet another Earth and Jandar watched as a lone warrior battled his way through a countless number of undead. Wielding a whip made of chain, Jandar was amazed as the warrior destroyed skeletons, zombies, magically animated suits of armor and many other foes. The warrior eventually faced of against a powerful vampire, and thought he destroyed it, the warrior was mortally wounded. Jandar brought him to Valhalla, healed his wounds and told him of his plight, Simon Belmont had a new vampire to hunt.

mac122 July 14th, 2010 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai
That's awesome. It's going in my signature.

First I was like :shock:
Then I was like :passout:
Then, when I woke up, I was like :excited:

Thanks, Balantai, you made my day!:D

Balantai July 14th, 2010 05:52 PM

For those of you not familiar with jcmcminis' choice, here is a good place to look.

Balantai July 14th, 2010 05:59 PM

Here's another possibility for a mini.

JC McMinis July 14th, 2010 05:59 PM

Sorry Balantai I should have provided something like that. Here is the image that I am currently using on the card I have made up.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l..._simon-old.jpg

JC McMinis July 14th, 2010 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1143952)

Yeah except that mini has boobs ;)

Balantai July 14th, 2010 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1143959)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1143952)

Yeah except that mini has boobs ;)

Eh. It's just lumpy breastplate armor. :D

Hrockle July 14th, 2010 06:07 PM

I'm thinking perhaps

Life 4
Move 6
Attack 3
Defense 2

Vampire Killer+2
If Simon Belmont is attacking a figure that is undead, add two dice to his attack.

Flying Chain
When counting spaces for Simon Belmont’s movement, ignore elevations. Simon Belmont may move over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and move over obstacles such as ruins. When Simon Belmont starts to Flying Chain, if he is engaged he will take any leaving engagement attacks.