Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Balantai July 14th, 2010 04:38 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1143749)
I'm going to stay back for a while and work on the C3G and Star Trek stuff for a while, but I'd like to be considered down the road. Would that be acceptable?

Absolutely, SirGalahad. Contribute as much or as little as you'd like. If you decide you want a chance at designing, just let me know. We'll throw you in the rotation. I'm not looking to have this be a group with a limited number of designers. If you participate in the thread, you can design.

Balantai July 14th, 2010 04:39 PM

There's one topic I've been avoiding: Playtesting. Playtesting has a way of killing projects. What's everyone's thoughts on playtesting?

machinekng July 14th, 2010 04:43 PM

3 one on one (unit versus 3 different figures/squads with similar points.)

3 500 point army matches (with the custom in one of the armies)

everybody could sign up to do one or two matches.

Hidicul July 14th, 2010 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machinekng (Post 1143781)

I could agree with that, though I'm not sure we would get a good enough feel for the character with only 5 being done. I think something close to what C3G does would be better. Those tests, though probably not as extinsive as the official units get, lets us get a good feel for the card and gives us a better look at the point cost.

Balantai July 14th, 2010 04:48 PM

Quote:

C3G has created a fantastic playtesting form that even Gbob has said is great. If we move forward with playtesting, we'll use that process.

If we force everyone to sign up and playtest, the project will likely fail. Many people don't have the time or interest in playtesting. If everyone has to playtest, it's going to feel like work. That's not what I'm looking for.

Hidicul July 14th, 2010 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1143798)
Quote:

C3G has created a fantastic playtesting form that even Gbob has said is great. If we move forward with playtesting, we'll use that process.

If we force everyone to sign up and playtest, the project will likely fail. Many people don't have the time or interest in playtesting. If everyone has to playtest, it's going to feel like work. That's not what I'm looking for.

I can run the playtests Balantia. I think with me running one for each figure, we could just see if anyone else would be intrested to run a playtest at the time, or I could possably run a second one using all different figures.

Hrockle July 14th, 2010 04:51 PM

Quote:

Perhaps you can link that form?

What if we had a separate set of people who enjoy playtesting to playtest cards, or just allow onlookers to playtest?

Hidicul July 14th, 2010 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hrockle (Post 1143804)
Quote:

What if we had a separate set of people who enjoy playtesting to playtest cards, or just allow onlookers to playtest?

All you need to do is go to the C3G playtest thread and click on the link there for a blank one, although I think we should ask Bats if he minds us using that sheet. You want me shoot him question about that Balantia?

Balantai July 14th, 2010 04:55 PM

I will playtest when I have time, but that doesn't happen too often. :?

SirGalahad July 14th, 2010 04:55 PM

Playtesters would have to agree to honor the die results, no matter what. If they believe the playtests might have been less than valid because of quirky dice, they are welcome to redo them, but report all results. I have playtested a number of figures, and that's the way it seems to work. Getting one-shot is no fun, so running the test again helps to ensure that it was just a fluke and not that something is wrong with the design.

Balantai July 14th, 2010 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hidicul (Post 1143809)
Quote:

Quote:

All you need to do is go to the C3G playtest thread and click on the link there for a blank one, although I think we should ask Bats if he minds us using that sheet. You want me shoot him question about that Balantia?

I'm 99.99% sure Bats wouldn't mind if we used the form. If you want to send him a PM, you're more than welcome to. Afterall, I was an active part of C3G at the time of it's creation. :D

Balantai July 14th, 2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Here you go.