Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

JC McMinis July 14th, 2010 03:42 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1143640)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1143630)
1)I also agree with Valhalla 'Scape.
2)It should have some form of a mini even if its a picture of the character printed on cardstock, standing in a candy land base. and its semi to scale.
3)If an appropriate mini is found then we could use a mini pic, though I prefer artwork pics myself. But if the mini you plan on useing is just a proxie then go artwork.

My first entry I have actually hade made for a while, but as Balantai said earlier I can use it as long as I dont mind criticism and making changes if necessary.

I moved you to the top of the list, jcmcminis. Once we get everything hashed out, you can be our guinney pig. :twisted:

Cool

Balantai July 14th, 2010 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfonse (Post 1143662)
Cool but, what figure is being made now?

jcmcminis will be posting first as soon as we get all the rules hashed out. We're really close.

Hrockle July 14th, 2010 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1143669)
jcmcminis will be posting first as soon as we get all the rules hashed out. We're really close.

What else needs to be clarified?

machinekng July 14th, 2010 04:03 PM

Okay, we've pretty much agreed on Vahallascape, agreed on no symbols, agreed on the genre thing. I think all we need to clarify is the pics.

Hidicul July 14th, 2010 04:07 PM

I'd like to join in Balantai. I do have a question though on moded figs, what if th mod is a simple paint job like I did for Bizzarnage? All I did was add a couple of coats of white paint to a spare Venom. I think that simple paint jobs should be ok since they don't require any real talent to do. As far as card skins, GreyOwl has the General logos as .pnig files on his page, so any card skin could be used and just add the General's logo. That would allow the usage of all those cool card skins that GO has made and put on his page for us to use. I'm glad A3N is up to making the final cards, he is great at it, as is GO. As a side note on usable minis, I would suggest staying away from Reaper minis. They look great but some of them are pretty pricey and theycome unpainted.

Balantai July 14th, 2010 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hidicul (Post 1143701)
I'd like to join in Balantai. I do have a question though on moded figs, what if th mod is a simple paint job like I did for Bizzarnage? All I did was add a couple of coats of white paint to a spare Venom. I think that simple paint jobs should be ok since they don't require any real talent to do. As far as card skins, GreyOwl has the General logos as .pnig files on his page, so any card skin could be used and just add the General's logo. That would allow the usage of all those cool card skins that GO has made and put on his page for us to use. I'm glad A3N is up to making the final cards, he is great at it, as is GO. As a side note on usable minis, I would suggest staying away from Reaper minis. They look great but some of them are pretty pricey and theycome unpainted.

Welcome aboard.

I'm not sure we need to limit the minis based on cost. If you can't afford the mini, you could always proxy. For instance, a 5 dollar mini online is considered too pricey for my blood, but it might be completely feasible for someone else. I don't think we need to draw a line in the sand over this.

Balantai July 14th, 2010 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machinekng (Post 1143694)
Okay, we've pretty much agreed on Vahallascape, agreed on no symbols, agreed on the genre thing. I think all we need to clarify is the pics.

I really think mini pics will be necessary for them to look "official". I have no objection, though, to having both mini and photo cards.

Balantai July 14th, 2010 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hrockle (Post 1143674)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1143669)

What else needs to be clarified?

What's pictured in your avatar could use some clarification. :twisted:

Balantai July 14th, 2010 04:24 PM

Okay. I'm going to open up our first design to jcmcminis. Please reference the first post to see how to post your initial character.

As we go through the process, we can update our ruleset based on how everything goes. I look forward to your first pick, jc.

Hidicul July 14th, 2010 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1143714)
Quote:

Welcome aboard.

I'm not sure we need to limit the minis based on cost. If you can't afford the mini, you could always proxy. For instance, a 5 dollar mini online is considered too pricey for my blood, but it might be completely feasible for someone else. I don't think we need to draw a line in the sand over this.

I base my choice ofnotusing Reaper minis on the fact that they come unpainted. With the cost to get the paints to use (acryllic dosen't cut it) and the price of the minis themselves, I just don't see it as cost effective, but I agree that itis up to the designer.

Balantai July 14th, 2010 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hidicul (Post 1143734)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1143714)
Quote:

Welcome aboard.

I base my choice ofnotusing Reaper minis on the fact that they come unpainted. With the cost to get the paints to use (acryllic dosen't cut it) and the price of the minis themselves, I just don't see it as cost effective, but I agree that itis up to the designer.

I agree, hidicul. And it's why I probably won't ever choose a character that would require me to go out and purchase a 20 dollar mini. But I certainly don't want to punish someone that had an expensive mini and wants to use it.

SirGalahad July 14th, 2010 04:32 PM

I'm going to stay back for a while and work on the C3G and Star Trek stuff for a while, but I'd like to be considered down the road. Would that be acceptable?