Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

machinekng October 20th, 2011 08:13 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 1500196)
NAME = Eragon Shadeslayer

SPECIES = Half-Elf
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Dragon Rider
PERSONALITY = Driven

SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 180

DRAGON RIDER
At the beginning of the game, choose a Unique Dragon you control. For the remainder of the game, after moving the chosen dragon, if it began its move adjacent to Eragon, you may place Eragon on any empty space adjacent to the dragon.

ENERGY RESERVES
At the beginning of the round, after order markers are placed, you may either add 2 to Eragon's Move for the remainder of the round, 1 to Eragon's Range or Defense for the remainder of the round, or remove one wound marker from this card.

BRISINGR
When Eragon attacks an adjacent figure with a normal attack, all skulls rolled count for one additional hit.

A few questions:

Dragon Rider- Carry only allows you to move unengaged figures. Are we saying that Eragon takes leaving engagement attacks or what?

Also, his move. What do you think about him having a 5 for move? It makes his Energy Reserve boost more significant, and it lessens the chance of him taking a glyph turn 1.

tcglkn October 20th, 2011 08:48 PM

His general should be Ullar for sure.

On Dragon Rider, I don't think he should take leaving engagements.

I'm fine dropping his move to 5. I think you should be adding two to his Range and Move and one to his Defense. +1 to your range doesn't do much.

mac122 October 20th, 2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 1500259)
His general should be Ullar for sure.

On Dragon Rider, I don't think he should take leaving engagements.

I'm fine dropping his move to 5. I think you should be adding two to his Range and Move and one to his Defense. +1 to your range doesn't do much.

Ullar :up:
No leaving engagements :up:
Move 5 :up:
Adjustments to Energy Reserves :up:

tcglkn October 20th, 2011 09:09 PM

NAME = Eragon Shadeslayer
GENERAL = ULLAR

SPECIES = Half-Elf
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Dragon Rider
PERSONALITY = Driven

SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 180

DRAGON RIDER
At the beginning of the game, choose a Unique Large or Huge Dragon you control. For the remainder of the game, after moving the chosen dragon, if it began its move adjacent to Eragon, you may place Eragon on any empty space adjacent to the dragon. When Eragon is placed by this special power, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

ENERGY RESERVES
At the beginning of the round, after rolling for initiative, you may either add 2 to Eragon's Move or Range for the remainder of the round, 1 to Eragon's Defense for the remainder of the round, or remove one wound marker from this card.

BRISINGR
When Eragon attacks an adjacent figure with a normal attack, all skulls rolled count for one additional hit.

mac122 October 21st, 2011 06:16 PM

Here's a draft image of the card for Eragon Shadeslayer.
http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/a...HADESLAYER.png
I was surprised at how much the text filled the card, but it fits and it's a readable font size.

tcglkn October 21st, 2011 06:22 PM

I think his name should really be Eragon Shadeslayer.

mac122 October 21st, 2011 06:32 PM

What? I have no idea what you are talking about, tcglkn? :wink:

tcglkn October 21st, 2011 06:34 PM

Thanks. If no one else has any suggested wording or comments, I think this design is good.

JC McMinis October 23rd, 2011 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1500782)
Here's a draft image of the card for Eragon Shadeslayer.
http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/a...HADESLAYER.png
I was surprised at how much the text filled the card, but it fits and it's a readable font size.

Looks good :thumbsup:

SirGalahad October 23rd, 2011 12:32 PM

Do we want to specify if the choice for Energy Reserves occurs before or after rolling for initiative? It may make a strategic difference.

mac122 October 23rd, 2011 06:30 PM

Doesn't "...after order markers are placed..." specify the time or do we need to add "...but before rolling for initiative..."?

---------------
Thanks to machinekng's good eye, I've posted a revised card for the Rabbit of Caerbannog.

Taeblewalker October 23rd, 2011 09:19 PM

You might want to put "Large or Huge" before Unique Dragon, just in case there is ever a Medium or Small Unique Dragon.