Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Welcome to C3G! – Directory (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=28312)

davidlhsl January 4th, 2012 03:30 PM

Re: Welcome to C3G!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Mmirg (Post 1539197)
(portions snipped) Alright, dumb question time.

1) Where can I print out a sheet of them, rather than individually hunting down the images in their Books?

2) For those (like Griff, right?) who are using poker chips, how do you do the different kinds of glyphs? Do you treat them like traditional Scape and have the static glyphs on one color of chip and then the equipment glyphs on a different color? Or have you found it better to have them all on the same color of chip?

The only dumb questions are the ones I ask! (HEY!)

With glyphs, I always find the jpeg images more useful than the pdf files themselves. You can then copy/import them to a page layout program to arrange and size.

I'm running out of spare Heroscape glyphs myself, so I am planning to switch to poker chips myself once I completely run out. Still, I'll pass along my plans in case it helps you.

Some figures, such as Kang and Chronos, begin the game with a glyph. I plan to dedicate those glyphs to a specific color. The rest are glyphs that I consider part of my random selection pool. I like mixing permanent and equipment glyphs, so I plan to use the same color.

tcglkn January 4th, 2012 03:39 PM

I bought a ton of the official Marvel Glyphs from Auggies and simply soak them in water to peel off the old sticker and place the C3G Glyph sticker on it.

Unfortunately other than the two Master Sets. All Glyphs have to be downloaded individually.

Porkins January 4th, 2012 04:13 PM

I just print them out on plain white paper and glue them on top of an existing glyph sticker with a glue stick. It works quite well. Currently I just use the burgundy standard HS glyphs, since I got a boatload of them in a trade. But I've been thinking of doing the equipment glyphs a different color to make it easier to distinguish them. I put Scarecrow's Fear Gas on a yellow glyph. I think I'll either use gold ones for equipment glyphs, or dye some regular glyphs black.

davidlhsl January 4th, 2012 04:29 PM

Speaking of poker chips, here are some additional uses, provided they are the correct size:

(1) See if they will fit on a ladder rung. If so, you have a platform that will support figures that haven't been rebased.

(2) If they fit neatly under a figure's base, you can use different color chips to identify multiple uncommon figures. That probably requires more colors than comes with a typical poker chip set (usually 4). I have 9 colors.

(3) Mark figures such as Jonah Hex's Bounty.

(4) You could place a chip underneath a figure if you want to remind you that they are under the effect of an aura or some other effect.

1Mmirg January 4th, 2012 04:38 PM

Yeah, I found two sets around the same time and the one is pretty good for ladders (the other is way too thin).

I'm also using the chips for sewer lids and the turbo lifts. The red ones are perfect for Ant Swarms (which do have a great print out sheet in their book--20 to a page).

Griffin January 4th, 2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Mmirg (Post 1539197)
Alright, dumb question time. I know I've been here long enough that I should know better, but can someone chat with me about glyphs in the C3G. Specifically:

1) Where can I print out a sheet of them, rather than individually hunting down the images in their Books?

2) For those (like Griff, right?) who are using poker chips, how do you do the different kinds of glyphs? Do you treat them like traditional Scape and have the static glyphs on one color of chip and then the equipment glyphs on a different color? Or have you found it better to have them all on the same color of chip?

Thanks in advance.

I know I should know this stuff already--I've been playing C3G for years now, but I've been proxying Scape glyphs for everything and am just now getting into the glyph aspects.

Again, thanks.

This is a great topic actually.
  1. We are still working on a printer friendly site/program where you can customize a list of things you want to print and then generate a PDF that arranges everything with up to 3 cards on a page and puts glyphs in as many possible places. The program is done actually, but we have to convert all of our designs into PNGs and that is taking a lot of time.
  2. I use red chips for all C3G glyphs. I like the mystery of not knowing what the glyph is or even what kind of glyph it is.
    I use the blue chips for a special design coming soon that... does something. ;)
    I use the red chips for thrown molten lava.
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Mmirg (Post 1539248)
Yeah, I found two sets around the same time and the one is pretty good for ladders (the other is way too thin).

I'm also using the chips for sewer lids and the turbo lifts. The red ones are perfect for Ant Swarms (which do have a great print out sheet in their book--20 to a page).

Mine do not work well for ladders, they are too thin, but they are really cheap and they are plastic not clay, which I prefer.

Ant swarm proxies is a cool idea.

1Mmirg January 4th, 2012 05:07 PM

That's a big help. (All of you--thanks!)

Yeah, I have thin plastic ones, which will be perfect for glyphs, etc. And red is a good choice, since they stand out well on a map.

And then I also got some thicker clay ones that work with the ladders. Got to love the Goodwill!

At some point--a while ago, not sure when--I printed out a sheet that had a bunch of glyphs on it (maybe something lefton4ya did?). But it's out of date now.

Can't wait to see that PNG print program up and working--great idea!

Griffin January 4th, 2012 05:15 PM

Any World's Finest glyph sticker page is gonna be a sheet of all of those glyphs. And I think it is the same for Fantastic Fources.

1Mmirg January 4th, 2012 05:37 PM

(The one I have has both master sets and through to the Cosmic Cube/Fear Gas on it, as well as 3 sewer lids, 3 lifts, and a bunch of markers (Lanterns, Magneto, Molly, Creeper). It's great; I was just wondering if a newer one had been made. (Looks like it was a fan-made item I stumbled on, not something you guys did.)

I'll bounce around lefton4ya's threads and see if it was something he did, when I get a chance.

Can't wait to see your official PNG-based source. That sounds excellent.

Scapemage January 4th, 2012 05:58 PM

For glyphs I just take the bottoms of 'clix bases and write on them the names of each glyph, then use the legacy text or type out all of their effects in list form on sheets of paper.

johnny139 January 4th, 2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 1538912)
That must have been it - opening them in Adobe Acrobat Reader let them print out just fine. Problem solved, new cards ready to play. :up:

Alright, problem not solved. Harley Quinn - I printed in Adobe, in two different browsers, downloaded the file, sent it to the printer, didn't work at all.

Oddly, it worked on a different printer just fine. But it's black and white so that's not really an option for me. Any ideas?

Griffin January 4th, 2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scapemage (Post 1539283)
For glyphs I just take the bottoms of 'clix bases and write on them the names of each glyph, then use the legacy text or type out all of their effects in list form on sheets of paper.

That is a resourceful idea. :up: As long as you can't tell which glyph is which when it is face down.