Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Comic Hero Custom Creations (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   GI Joe Heroclix Announcement!!! (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=40287)

Yodaking April 1st, 2012 01:40 PM

GI Joe Heroclix Announcement!!!

Wizkids announced today the addition of the “G.I. Joe” property to their 2013 HeroClix release schedule through a licensing agreement with Marvel Comics. The first products of the new “G.I. Joe” line will be a HeroClix miniatures game followed by a HeroClix strategic board game, both of which will release in the back half of 2013.“G.I. Joe” HeroClix miniatures game will be sold in two different packages: a campaign style box set and the traditional booster format. The all-in-one campaign style box set will include everything a player needs, including NEW epic level rules and maps. The booster format includes the figures, similar to other previous HeroClix releases. With whichever format chosen, all of the thirty or more figures will be compatible with other HeroClix miniatures games.
The second release is a unique semi cooperative HeroClix board game, following in the similar format of our other HeroClix board game products. HeroClix figures, a gameboard and several decks of cards provide all the components needed to recreate the struggle between G.I. Joe and Cobra.
Find us on the web at www.WizKidsGames.com or friend us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/wizkids to see the latest developments from WizKids as they happen!

lefton4ya April 1st, 2012 03:10 PM

Re: GI Joe Heroclix Announcement!!!

This is even better than WizKids' big announcement last year!

Porkins April 9th, 2012 06:09 PM

I just noticed this. But shouldn't those links lead to Rick Roll or something?

cobravigon October 16th, 2012 10:33 PM

If this is legitimate, I am going to go completely ******* insane. No joke. To be able to field an entire COBRA army, not just the dozen custom units I have now... the thought gives me chills.

MegaSilver October 16th, 2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobravigon (Post 1696792)
If this is legitimate, I am going to go completely ******* insane. No joke. To be able to field an entire COBRA army, not just the dozen custom units I have now... the thought gives me chills.

:rofl:

Lord Pyre October 16th, 2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobravigon (Post 1696792)

Might want to check the date this was posted. ;)

cobravigon October 17th, 2012 04:40 PM

True... I will keep my fingers crossed all the same.
:)

Arch-vile October 20th, 2012 01:56 PM

I was all excited too... necroing an April Fools' joke is evil indeed. :lol:

cobravigon October 20th, 2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arch-vile (Post 1699173)
I was all excited too... necroing an April Fools' joke is evil indeed. :lol:

Indeed. Took me a bit longer to catch that than it should have, I guess I just want G.I.Joe minis so bad it pulled the wool over my eyes so to speak. ;)

Hasbro has to be brain dead not to see that this format would be a natural fit for Joe though. Oh wait, they cancelled Heroscape... hmn...

Granted, right now Hasbro is just reeling from the loss of all the G.I.Joe Christmas sales they were going to have due to being forced to pull all of their Retaliation merchandise off of shelves. GRRRRrrrrr....

</IMG>