Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Diamondback (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=40103)

Margloth March 19th, 2012 01:52 PM

The Book of Diamondback

The Book of Diamondback

C3G MARVEL SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 39
SUPER SMASH-UP

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Captain America set.
Its model number and name are #012 / Diamondback.

Character Bio - Rachel Leighton started her affiliation with the shady underworld of crime as a young woman. Equipped with various diamond-shaped projectiles by the Trapster, she began a career as a mercenary. She also introduced Trapster to her brother, who became known as Cutthroat.

Now known as Diamondback, Rachel became a member of the Serpent Society alongside Anaconda, Asp, and Black Mamba. During this stint, she was assigned to hunt down Captain America, but fell in love with him instead and aided him in his escape from the Serpent Society.

Influenced by Captain America's example, as well as the death of her brother at the hands of Brock Rumlow (soon to become known as Crossbones), Diamondback has gradually shied away from blatant criminal behaviors and now works primarily as a mercenary with her best friends Asp and Black Mamba. Recently, while working as an undercover agent for the Avengers Resistance in Norman Osborne's Initiative, she began a romance with Constrictor.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:
  • N/A
Benefits:Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Margloth March 19th, 2012 01:53 PM

Re: Book of Diamondback - Designing

NAME = DIAMONDBACK
SECRET IDENTITY = RACHEL LEIGHTON

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MERCENARY
PERSONALITY = CONFLICTED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 160

TACTICAL DOUBLE ATTACK
When Diamondback attacks with a normal or special attack, she may attack one additional time with a normal or special attack.

ACID DIAMOND SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3. Attack 2.
For each skull you roll with this special attack, the defending figure must subtract 1 from its Defense number for the remainder of Diamondback's turn.

FRAG DIAMOND SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3. Attack 3.
After attacking with this special attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 15 or higher, all figures that were adjacent to the defending figure at the start of this special attack receive 1 wound.

tcglkn March 19th, 2012 02:01 PM

Needs some work. ;)

Subscribed.

tcglkn March 19th, 2012 02:33 PM

The SAs seem good. I wonder if they all shouldn't have a range of 3 like the Hand Ninja's throwing stars to make this design a bit more unique.

Should Tear Gas SA state that figure must move away from Diamondback?

IAmBatman March 19th, 2012 03:21 PM

Yipes. That's a lot of special attack.

It's going to take me a bit to wrap my head around all of that.

I do like the concept of the ability to use one of the special attacks and then follow it up with her normal attack or a different special attack.

Some of the wording could be clearer - here are my initial swings:

ACID DIAMOND SPECIAL ATTACK
Range: 4. Attack: 2.
For each skull you roll with this special attack, the defending figure must subtract 1 from its Defense number for the remainder of Diamondback's turn. After attacking with this special attack, Diamondback may attack one additional time, using her normal attack or a different special attack on this card.

TEAR GAS DIAMOND SPECIAL ATTACK
Range: 4. Attack: 2.
After attacking with this special attack, one at a time each figure who was adjacent to the defending figure at the start of the attack must either move 1 space or receive one automatic wound. You may choose the order in which the figures must move. Figures moved by this special attack never take leaving engagement attacks.

DEPLETED URANIUM CORE DIAMOND SPECIAL ATTACK
Range: 4. Attack: 4.
After attacking with this special attack, you may roll the 20-sided die, one at a time, for each figure who was within 2 clear sight spaces of the defending figure at the start of the attack, subtracting 3 from the roll if the affected figure has the Super Strength special power. If you roll a 15 or higher, the affected figure receives a wound.

(I feel like there's still a lot of wording work to be done, though).

Margloth March 19th, 2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 1580109)
The SAs seem good. I wonder if they all shouldn't have a range of 3 like the Hand Ninja's throwing stars to make this design a bit more unique.

Should Tear Gas SA state that figure must move away from Diamondback?

That's definitely a possibility. Might take a bit of edge off of their usefulness.

Tear Gas SA should make them move away from the defending figure, but you're right, yes they should have to end the move non-adjacent to the that figure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman
Yipes. That's a lot of special attack.

It's going to take me a bit to wrap my head around all of that.

I do like the concept of the ability to use one of the special attacks and then follow it up with her normal attack or a different special attack.

Well, I wanted her to be a 'toolbox' figure like Punisher. If it's too much to handle, I'm not against dropping something, or finding a non-SA power that works.

And thanks, with some minor tweaks your wording is probably a lot better. I kind of did it on the fly.

A3n March 19th, 2012 04:39 PM

Not knowing the character, I have to ask does she really deserve 3 special attacks?

The only other comment I can make is, is she affected by her own Tear Gas?

Margloth March 19th, 2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A3n (Post 1580185)
Not knowing the character, I have to ask does she really deserve 3 special attacks?

No reason she shouldn't be affected.

Basically she throws faux-diamonds with different effects. Doesn't have to have 3 special attacks, I was just going for some tactical variety.

A3n March 19th, 2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margloth (Post 1580217)
Quote:

Originally Posted by A3n (Post 1580185)

No reason she shouldn't be affected.

Basically she throws faux-diamonds with different effects. Doesn't have to have 3 special attacks, I was just going for some tactical variety.

Ok, because we did decide long ago (before you entered the sanctum so I am not assuming you would be aware of it :)), that we would only use 3 SAs on unit's that are tactically derserving of it & that would be in the league of the likes of Punisher & War Machine.

But I don't know the character so I am not saying she isn't in their league if you are. :D

Hahma March 19th, 2012 07:21 PM

For the record, Punisher only has 2 special attacks and one special power that affects his normal attack :D

Regarding Diamondback:

I think her box isn't big enough for all those tools. :p

Diversity is great and all, but she's got a ranged normal attack and three ranged special attacks. I think that may be a bit much for any unit, much less a minor one. The aforementioned Punisher has 2 special attacks (one is once a round too) and a ranged normal attack that is enhanced by his Assault Rifle power. He's a bit more of a bigger name character too.

I don't have time at the moment, but I'll look harder at this later tonight with hopefully some constructive thoughts. :)

Margloth March 19th, 2012 07:34 PM

Ok, message received. Clearly this is not a popular direction. :razz:

Let me sleep on it and post some fresh ideas in the morning. :D

Griffin March 19th, 2012 08:25 PM

I must Echo the sentiments here. I wanted to say something earlier, but I was having difficulty finding the right words. Hahma has a really good post IMO, and if were to offer a suggestion it would be to just lose the last SA.