Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Godzilla and friends (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=56021)

IAmBatman September 17th, 2019 06:12 AM

Re: Godzilla and friends

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 2314076)
Throwing is moving.

It's not moving normally, though, or moving in a way that clearly aligns with the movement phase of your turn and all the associated considerations.

quozl September 17th, 2019 11:06 AM

Can you tell me how the rules would differ in any way?

MrNobody September 17th, 2019 11:24 AM

If we made a design and said, "Okay, to understand how to move this design, please see the throwing rules." that just seems really weird and unofficial IMO. That's the difference I think.

quozl September 17th, 2019 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNobody (Post 2314163)
If we made a design and said, "Okay, to understand how to move this design, please see the throwing rules." that just seems really weird and unofficial IMO. That's the difference I think.

That would be dumb. What we would actually do is repeat those rules in the framework of moving.

MrNobody September 17th, 2019 11:29 AM

That's what I thought Bats was suggesting we should do. Just adapt those rules over to a new rulebook. Maybe I was wrong. :shrug:

I guess there could be some powers that boost, nerf, or minimize regular movement but not throwing that should be considered.

japes September 17th, 2019 12:01 PM

I believe that is what Quozl is getting at he’s just walking through it in an orderly way. So we are basically starting with this assumption. If Placing = moving in C3G, and throwing is a form of placing. Therefore throwing = moving.

So now can anyone think of scenario where throwing and moving could possibly differ.

Edit: like the ideas you pointed out in your ninja edit.

IAmBatman September 17th, 2019 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNobody (Post 2314165)
That's what I thought Bats was suggesting we should do. Just adapt those rules over to a new rulebook.

Uh, yeah. Pretty much. :-D

Tornado September 17th, 2019 01:40 PM

Picked up a Ghidora figure today. Pretty sweet. Probably best to remove the tail. His feet were bigger than I thought they would be but he still fits down on two hexes with a ring of higher level hexes surrounding them and will even squeeze into a 2 level difference sans tail.
Added a caveat to King of Monsters to allow for it on Godzilla as well but they do not work together. Ghidora is Godzilla's main foe and they never team up.

Bio:
King Ghidorah (キングギドラ, Kingu Gidora) is a giant three-headed dragon hydra and Godzilla's arch-enemy. Ghidorah first appeared in the 1964 film Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster and since then has become one of Godzilla's most famous recurring enemies.

• Gravity Beams - King Ghidorah's signature attack is his ability to spit powerful gravity beams from his three heads. Ghidorah's gravity beams can singe Godzilla's skin and level entire city blocks in one hit.
  • Durability - King Ghidorah's scales are incredibly thick and cannot be pierced with conventional weaponry. Even Godzilla's atomic breath cannot pierce through the scales, only burn them.
  • Supersonic Flight - King Ghidorah can fly at mach 3 on Earth, and presumably is able to fly at light speed through outer space.
  • Hurricane Winds - Ghidorah's wings can produce powerful hurricane force winds capable of blowing away buildings with ease or knocking enemies like Godzilla over.
  • Thunder Spark - King Ghidorah can withhold his gravity beams and release a strong electric surge through his bite.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2313953)
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads...20%2844%29.jpg

NAME = KING GHIDORA
SECRET IDENTITY = MONSTER ZERO
SPECIES = KAIJU
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = DESTROYER/KING
PERSONALITY = FEARLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE 2O

LIFE = ?13?

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 7
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = ???

WINGS HURRICANE
After moving and before attacking you may move all figures that are not Huge, that are within 5 spaces of King Ghidora two spaces. Figures moved by this special power will not take LEAs and may not be place closer to King Ghidora.

THREE HEADED SA
Range 7 Attack 7
After attacking with this special attack, if there are 6? or fewer wound markers on this card, King Ghidora may attack two additional times, if there are 7? or more wound markers on this card, King Ghidora may attack one additional time.

KING OF MONSTERS
If King Ghidora receives one or more wounds from a Huge figure, ignore one of those wounds. If King Ghidora inflicts one or more wounds on a Huge figure, place one more wound on that figure's card. King Ghidora may not use this special power if another figure on the board has King of Monsters.

FLYING
SUPERSTRENGTH

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/up...ngghidorah.jpg

MrNobody September 17th, 2019 01:45 PM

Yeah I think the main thing should be figuring out what KoM does and who has it. My version was more of a synergy thing. I like the idea of it being a power both of them share, but they'll mess with each other's somehow if they're both on the battlefield. Neat idea!

Tornado September 17th, 2019 01:50 PM

Dropped the Missle SA for Hover Assault. Potent but limited by his movement.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2313407)
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ba/95...bbb8149688.jpg

NAME = MECHAGODZILLA
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = ANDROID
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = DESTROYER?
PERSONALITY = DESTRUCTIVE?

SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE 2O

LIFE = 22?

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 7
ATTACK = 8
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

HOVER ASSAULT
After moving with the Flying special power, you may choose any or all figures Mechagodzilla passed over this turn. Roll two unblockable attack dice against each chosen figure.

EYE LASERS SA
Range 5 Attack 5
If there are fewer than 13? wound markers on this card, all skulls count as one additional hit against DOs and Huge figures.

DIAMOND COATED PLATING
Mechagodzilla rolls two additional dice when defending against a special attack. Mechagodzilla rolls two fewer dice when defending against a normal attack from an adjacent Huge figure.

FLYING
SUPERSTRENGTH

Yodaking September 17th, 2019 01:52 PM

I don't play a lot of Event Heroes but he's looking like a ton of fun. 3 attacks of 7 per OM reveal is going to be brutal and knocking down that 13 life at 7 defense will be a grind. I could see fielding a whole JL/Avengers team against him. I like how Godzilla with a KoM power will be the go to counter draft, if I have Godzilla on my team I might pair him up with Optimus Prime or Megatron, but if he's not on my team I'm staying away from any other huge figures. Gives you two very different kinds of teams you can construct to send in to take him down.

Tornado September 17th, 2019 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNobody (Post 2314203)
Yeah I think the main thing should be figuring out what KoM does and who has it. My version was more of a synergy thing. I like the idea of it being a power both of them share, but they'll mess with each other's somehow if they're both on the battlefield. Neat idea!

Yeah I really like the anti-synergy. I like your team up version but that could be given a different name like Monster Mash.

IAmBatman September 17th, 2019 05:12 PM

But that’s the graveyard smash.

Yodaking September 18th, 2019 01:12 AM

I checked tonight, they still have a bunch of these figures at my local Walmart. $14 each. Might end up getting a Godzilla and the 3 headed one. There are two different Godzilla's though, same pose two different colors. Which one would be getting carded in case someone needs card pics? They had some weird giant baby looking monster there too, really disappointed it wasn't just a King Kong. Would have been a good size.

Tornado September 18th, 2019 06:53 AM

Giant baby?
I got the plain black Godzilla. I imagine that one or the gray one would be the choice figure for a card.

IAmBatman September 18th, 2019 08:55 AM

Honey I Blew Up the Kid?

MrNobody September 18th, 2019 08:56 AM

Ah yes, Godzilla vs. Giant Baby. What a cinema classic.

IAmBatman September 18th, 2019 09:30 AM

Having tangled with regular-sized babies, it's no joke!

MrNobody September 18th, 2019 09:59 AM

:lol:

Yodaking September 18th, 2019 01:04 PM

Yeah, this was what was on the shelf for purchase.

https://news.toyark.com/wp-content/u...Figure-004.jpg

IAmBatman September 18th, 2019 01:07 PM

That seems legally questionable. :-P

Yodaking September 18th, 2019 01:10 PM

I think it was this guy that I saw.

https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.5...=0&w=300&h=300

An ugly baby for sure.

IAmBatman September 18th, 2019 01:11 PM

That's like half Minotaur, half dragon, and half Where the Wild Things Are (yeah, three halves - it's extra).

Tornado September 18th, 2019 01:50 PM

King Caesar (キングシーサー Kingu Shīsā?) is an ancient shisa kaiju created by Toho that first appeared in the 1974 Godzilla film, Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla.
King Caesar's Japanese name, "Kingu Shīsā," is a reference to the shisa, the Okinawan mythological creature on which the kaiju is based.

Toho's initial English name for the character was "King Seeser," as seen in early promotional materials for Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla. The current name, "King Caesar," has been in use since the 1990s.

King Caesar's appearance was inspired by the shisa, a beast resembling a combination of a dog and a lion.

King Caesar's roars were recycled Toho King Kong roars.

King Caesar possesses formidable speed, strength and agility, enabling him to use various martial arts techniques, making him a formidable foe in close combat. He is rock-solid, able to withstand a horrible beating before going down.

His most notable ability, however, is his ability to draw the energy beams of enemy monsters into his eyes, and fire it back at the target. He used this twice with great effectiveness against Mechagodzilla before the cyborg wisely changed tactics and used his missiles instead.
https://d.facdn.net/art/ridleydupree...ng_caesar.jpeg

Soundwarp SG-1 September 18th, 2019 02:43 PM

I disagreee, King Caesar’s most notable abliity has always been having his own theme song

Tornado September 18th, 2019 03:32 PM

I just copy what was in the monsterwiki. :)
Cool beans.

johnny139 September 18th, 2019 07:12 PM

I actually watched Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla for the first time a little while ago when I was visiting my parents... I swear to god it takes like five minutes for King Caesar to wake up, that song goes on forever. Mechagodzilla should have stomped them, he dropped the ball.

Soundwarp SG-1 September 18th, 2019 07:19 PM

It’s not Mechagodzilla’s fault he got distracted by the sick beats.

Tornado September 19th, 2019 02:24 PM

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca88...bbYB1wPSWC3yqc

NAME = KING CAESAR
SPECIES = KAIJU/SHISA
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = GUARDIAN/PROTECTOR/CHAMPION/KING
PERSONALITY = DISCIPLINED?
SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE 18

LIFE = 30
MOVE = 8
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 8
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = ???

MASTER MARTIAL ARTIST
When attacking an opponent's adjacent figure with a normal attack, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled. When defending against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled, and all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

ENERGY ABSORB
When defending against a non-adjacent attack, one shield will block all damage. After rolling defense dice against any attack, if King Caesar did not receive any wounds from that attack, place one blue Energy Marker on this card. A maximum of 3 Energy Markers can be on this card.

EYE BLAST SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6. Attack 2 + Special.
Roll two additional attack dice for each Energy Marker on this card. After attacking with this special attack, you may remove an Energy Marker from this card to attack again with this special attack.

Yodaking September 19th, 2019 03:32 PM

MMA on a Huge figure wouldn't make any kind of sense to me. He's not leg sweeping Batman, he's just stomping him into the ground. He'd need some kind of new power that gives him MMA type of benefits vs. other Huge figures only.

johnny139 September 19th, 2019 04:03 PM

He's definitely more limber and "martial artist" like than most kaiju.

http://i.imgur.com/venR6QY.gif
http://i.imgur.com/ceKtuVx.gif

Having it work with huge figures makes sense though. Maybe like, auto-shields against everyone, counter strike against huge figures?

In general I don't think huge figures should be weaker against tiny people, though.

Lord Pyre September 19th, 2019 04:17 PM

I want to see him Crane Kick.

Yodaking September 19th, 2019 04:38 PM

Counterstrike vs. Huge figures sounds like a good idea.

IAmBatman September 19th, 2019 06:56 PM

Monster Martial Artist? :-P

Tornado September 19th, 2019 07:42 PM

Damn that is good I actually want to use it despite being against changing the mechanic because he is Huge. We need to be careful about being size-ist.

IAmBatman September 20th, 2019 11:38 AM

Just riff off normal MMA with Huge bonuses, maybe?

Tornado September 20th, 2019 11:50 AM

Heh, maybe. Just picked up the figure. I guess I am committed now. :)

Lord Pyre September 20th, 2019 01:24 PM

What about a Body Slam special attack that could cause collateral damage to us normal tiny folk?

BODY SLAM SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 6.
Choose a Large or Huge figure adjacent to KAIJU. Place the chosen figure on a different space adjacent to KAIJU. Roll 1 unblockable attack die against any Small or Medium figures adjacent to the chosen figure.

Yodaking September 20th, 2019 01:57 PM

Oh, I like that. He was doing some WWF looking moves in that video so the Body Slam seems like a good fit while the extra bonus damage to smaller figures close by is pretty sweet. I can just see the two huge monsters slamming into the ground flailing around arms and legs and knocking others down on accident. Also since most figure movement powers don't effect huge figures it would be cool for one huge figure that could move them around. It would give him a new role to play that is all his own.

Lord Pyre September 20th, 2019 01:59 PM

Yeah I made that based on the GIF.

Also Monsterpocalypse has a lot of throughing monsters through buildings. In fact is a main strategy in that game, so if they could smash DO's too, that'd be cool.

Arch-vile January 17th, 2020 08:46 PM

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but I found a King Kong at Walmart that looks perfect for a double spacer. They had all the Godzilla characters too but were out of Godzilla himself.

https://i.imgur.com/rD7jqf9.jpg

Tornado January 17th, 2020 10:33 PM

Sweet!

IAmBatman January 17th, 2020 10:33 PM

@quozl how do you feel about that scale?

quozl January 17th, 2020 10:58 PM

That looks great! Maybe we can do Kong now.

Yodaking January 17th, 2020 11:31 PM

That looks pretty great to my eye. Is that a new toy or an older one?

Tornado January 17th, 2020 11:42 PM

New I believe. I can see the King Caesar figure next to it.

johnny139 January 18th, 2020 12:17 PM

Looks like it's the Playmates Kong Skull Island 6-inch action figure, just came out in the past month or so.

https://www.amoktime.com/playmates-k...on-figure.html

https://wikizilla.org/wiki/Playmates...282019-2020.29

Looks like they're going on ebay for ~$30 right now, but that might be because they're pretty new? I'm not a toy guy, SKU seems to have them at $12.93 standard across the board.

Based on reading that link there seems to be a leaked 1933 Kong figure at the same price, so we might still want to wait a bit until they're more generally available and we've seen all our options. The Wiki link there says there's also an 8-incher that might work? But I think we can probably go ahead with him in the nominations at least if they're in stores now.

IAmBatman January 18th, 2020 12:17 PM

Hmm, so pretty bad online availability.