Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Spider-Man (Spider-Verse) (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=58617)

tcglkn January 23rd, 2021 09:34 AM

The Book of Spider-Man (Spider-Verse)

The Book of Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (Spider-Verse)

C3G MARVEL WAVE 44
A VERY SPIDEY CHRISTMAS

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...erse_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...Verse_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Fantastic Four set.
Its model number and name are #009 / Spider-Man.

Character Bio - While the Inheritors are attacking Spider Totems across the multiverse, Spider-Men and Women from many worlds start to gather to protect each other and fight back. Although he doesn't plan to, Peter Parker (from the universe you know) ends up taking charge and organizing the Totems to fight back against Morlun and the rest of the Inheritors.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Spider-Man may offer bonding to a figure with a Spider-Verse, Swing Line or Web Swing special power once a figure with one of those special powers is destroyed, due to his Great Responsibility special power.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest: tcglkn
  • Second playtest: toyhandle
  • Third playtest: Ericth74
  • Fourth playtest: Zakizzryn
  • Spidey-Senses Revision test: tcglkn
  • Art: Comic, Figure, Background
  • Card Art by tcglkn

Re: The Book of Spider-Man (Spider-Verse) - Breathing

NAME = SPIDER-MAN
SECRET IDENTITY = PETER PARKER

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = LEADER
PERSONALITY = RELUCTANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 240

GREAT RESPONSIBILITY
When a figure you control with a Spider-Verse, Swing Line, or Web Swing special power is destroyed, you may immediately move any of your unrevealed Order Markers to this card. For the rest of the round, after revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Spider-Man, you may choose another figure you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Spider-Man with a Spider-Verse, Swing Line, or Web Swing special power. Take a turn with the chosen figure and you may not take any additional turns.

SPIDEY-SENSES 8
If Spider-Man is attacked and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. Subtract 4 from the roll if the attacking figure is a Symbiote. If you roll 8 or higher, Spider-Man takes no damage and may immediately use his Web Swing special power.

WEB SWING 2
Instead of his normal move, Spider-Man may move up to 2 spaces with Web Swing. When moving with Web Swing, Spider-Man has the Flying special power, but may not move up or down more than 40 levels in a single swing, and will not take any leaving engagement attacks. After using Web Swing, you may use it two additional times.

SUPER STRENGTH

@Arch-vile
@johnny139
@Lord Pyre
@Soundwarp SG-1
@LordVenoc
@MrNobody
@Arkham
@Lord Pyre

IAmBatman January 23rd, 2021 02:11 PM

Got him coming in about 220-240, but might need to tack 10-20 points on for Champion synergies at this point. Seems like Batman (III), Doctor Fate (II), Wonder Woman (III), Green Arrow (II), Black Canary (III), and a smattering of swingers are his best partners.

Not sure his outgoing synergy is really strong enough to avoid Champion builds being the stronger influence on him. Would Leader or Celebrity be better fits here if you want to avoid too strong of ties to the Justice League synergies?

Ronin January 23rd, 2021 02:19 PM

Could go like Reluctant Leader in the leftbox if we wanted to play up that angle? I do like Champion in a vacuum, but yeah, the new JL toys might push him toward hybrid builds where you've got Spiders taking advantage of whatever Doctor Fate does.

IAmBatman January 23rd, 2021 02:26 PM

Yeah, I think this guy, Batman (III), Doctor Fate, and as many small cost swinger/sensers as possible would be the strongest build.

Margloth January 23rd, 2021 03:51 PM

Any consideration of 5 attack here? Doesn't this represent an older, wiser(?) Spider-Man? I've always thought Spider-Man's attack is a little soft in C3G considering his strength level, but accepted it due to the defense subtraction on his webbing.

Admittedly 5 dice does seem strong at range.

Arch-vile January 23rd, 2021 04:03 PM

He seems a little on the weak side compared to Spider-Man (Avengers), who does a similar bonding thing but not limited to a round when a friendly Spider-verse dude is destroyed. And I think with such a restriction, an extra attack of 4 is not a huge upside. I'd consider replacing Spider-Sense with something else or upping the attack like Margloth suggested.

Personally I don't think Champion synergy does much for him. Doctor Fate is a great addition to Spider-Verse armies, but he works with anyone. You could add on Batman III and Zatanna III who also help, but at that point you've run out of points for other Spider-Verse guys and thus have no point for Spider-Man being there. :p

Soundwarp SG-1 January 24th, 2021 02:46 AM

How many people have the Swing Ling special power? Do you need to draft a person named Ling to swing or are they included?

I'm in agreement with Archie that the Champion stuff isn't a driving factor. Like I think if you wanted to you might be able to cobble together some Spidies + 1 JLA guy thing that was playable, but that seems fine to me. It's not going to be his optimal build.

Dr. Fate II is a good (but not mandatory IMO) paring with Spider-Verse stuff (at least the armies heavy on Spider-Sense, which isn't omni-present on Spiders) but Spidey being a Champion is irrelevant to that and if we get some sort of dedicated Spider-D-20 helper he'd be out of the running anyway. Building on the JL stuff past Fate means you're losing out on having bodies for his relevant power and are basically just protecting a worse version of the first Spider-Man card.. so like you could just put the first Spidey in a JL build and be better off.

tcglkn January 24th, 2021 05:44 AM

I’m a fan of reluctant Leader here. :up:

I have some ideas for mixing up Web Swing and Spidey-Sense here I’ll put together this afternoon.

tcglkn January 24th, 2021 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 2443417)
NAME = SPIDER-MAN
SECRET IDENTITY = PETER PARKER

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = LEADER
PERSONALITY = RELUCTANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = SOME

GREAT RESPONSIBILITY
When a figure you control with the Swing Ling or Web Swing special power is destroyed, you may immediately remove any unrevealed Order Markers from that card and place them on this card. For the rest of the round, after revealing an Order Marker on this card, you may choose another figure you control within 5 clear sight spaces of Spider-Man with the Swing Line or Web Swing special power. Take a turn with the chosen figure. You may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

DOUBLE ATTACK
When Spider-Man attacks, he may attack one additional time.

EXPERIENCED WEB SLINGER
After moving normally, attacking, or defending with Spider-Man you may choose a non-adjacent figure that is not tiny or obstacle within 4 clear sight spaces of Spider-Man. If the chose figure is small or medium you may place that figure on any empty space adjacent to Spider-Man, if you don't place Spider-Man on an empty space adjacent to the chosen figure or obstacle. Figures moved by this special power will not take any leaving engagement attacks. Whenever another special power refers to the Web Swing special power, it refers to this special power as well.

SUPER STRENGTH

I think just straight double attack works with this version of web slinger.

MrNobody January 24th, 2021 11:19 AM

So he doesn't have Web Swing?