Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Balantai July 14th, 2010 06:12 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction Thread

My ideas:

I'd like to see some sort of bonus when battling Undead. Maybe even a further bonus against Undead figures with the Life Drain special power.

I think he should have a restriction on his Whip attack similar to the Drow Chainfighter. I'd hate to see Simon standing on a ledge 20 levels above his intended target attacking with his whip. Perhaps this would be easiest done by making his chain a special attack and his normal attack be his dagger.

He was cursed with impending death. We could make that into a power.

The wiki page says he's able to sense undead. You could make a special power based on that ability.

Hrockle July 14th, 2010 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1143971)
My ideas:

I'd like to see some sort of bonus when battling Undead. Maybe even a further bonus against Undead figures with the Life Drain special power.

I think he should have a restriction on his Whip attack similar to the Drow Chainfighter. I'd hate to see Simon standing on a ledge 20 levels above his intended target attacking with his whip. Perhaps this would be easiest done by making his chain a special attack and his normal attack be his dagger.

He was cursed with impending death. We could make that into a power.

The wiki page says he's able to sense undead. You could make a special power based on that ability.

I like these.

Hidicul July 14th, 2010 07:20 PM

OK first,on the playtest form, I sent a request to Bats and he said to get an ok from all the Heros. I have sent the request to all the Heros and have 2 yes votes in as of now.

OK onto the card. I think in the undead power it also needs to list Vampire. Although they are undead, the designers did not lump them into the undead species, that being the case I really think that the power needs to mention both otherwise it is a theme break IMHO.

Balantai July 14th, 2010 07:21 PM

Just brainstorming here:

Chain Whip Special Attack
Range Special. Attack ?.
Choose 2 (or 3) spaces in a straight line from Simon. Chosen spaces may not be more than 5 spaces below Simon's base or 5 spaces above Simon's height. All figures on the chosen spaces are affected by Chain Whip Special Attack. Roll ? attack dice once for all effected figures. Figures roll defense dice seperately. Undead figures roll 2 less defense dice when defending against Simon's Chain Whip Special Attack.

Something like that perhaps?

Balantai July 14th, 2010 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hidicul (Post 1144086)
OK first,on the playtest form, I sent a request to Bats and he said to get an ok from all the Heros. I have sent the request to all the Heros and have 2 yes votes in as of now.

OK onto the card. I think in the undead power it also needs to list Vampire. Although they are undead, the designers did not lump them into the undead species, that being the case I really think that the power needs to mention both otherwise it is a theme break IMHO.

As I am not an avid Vahallascape player, who are the vampires?

Hidicul July 14th, 2010 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1144089)
Quote:

The Enswines (sp?) from wave 7 scratch that, I just double checked my self and they are Undead. I don't know why I thought they made them Vampire. My bad guys.

Balantai July 14th, 2010 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hidicul (Post 1144092)
Quote:

Quote:

The Enswines (sp?) from wave 7

Aren't they Undead? :confused:

The only way to differentiate them as Vampires is to reference the Drain Life Special Power.

machinekng July 14th, 2010 07:34 PM

After looking through the Simon wiki, I noticed Holy Water under Simon's sub weapons. I think that could work out to be an interseting special attack.

Holy Water Special Attack
Range 4 Attack 1/2 (?)
Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the choosen figures are affected by Holy Water Special Attack. Roll 1 die at once for all affected figures. Each figure affected rolls defense dice separately. Simon Belmont is never affected by Holy Water Special Attack. Undead may never roll defense dice against Holy Water Special Attack.

The ability would be useful against swarms of zombies.

dfonse July 14th, 2010 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1144104)
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The only way to differentiate them as Vampires is to reference the Drain Life Special Power.

You have a point maybe Simon gets +2 against undead or +4 against figures with life drain.

machinekng July 14th, 2010 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfonse (Post 1144114)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1144104)
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You have a point maybe Simon gets +2 against undead or +4 against figures with life drain.

You could do both.

Vampire Slayer
When attacking undead, Simon Belmont may add 2 to his defense dice. When attacking undead that posses the Life Drain ability, you may add 4 to his defense dice.

Hidicul July 14th, 2010 07:41 PM

Range 4 Attack 1/2 (?)
Choose a figure within 4 clear sight spaces to attack. Any figures adjacent to the choosen figures are affected by Holy Water Special Attack. Roll 1 die once for all affected figures. Each affected figure rolls defense dice separately. Undead may never roll defense dice against Holy Water Special Attack. Simon Belmont is never affected by his Holy Water Special Attack.

Just cleaned andstreamlined the wording to be more official. I like the idea of an explosion based powewr for him.

Hrockle July 14th, 2010 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hidicul (Post 1144122)
Range 4 Attack 1/2 (?)
Choose a figure within 4 clear sight spaces to attack. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figures are affected by Holy Water Special Attack. Roll 1 die once for all affected figures. Each affected figure rolls defense dice separately. Undead may never roll defense dice against Holy Water Special Attack. Simon Belmont is never affected by his Holy Water Special Attack.

Just cleaned and streamlined the wording to be more official. I like the idea of an explosion based power for him.

1 would be situational, 2 for more use.