Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Custom Terrain & Obstacles (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Skylanders Crystals (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=53770)

mcmeeple February 6th, 2017 11:17 AM

Skylanders Crystals

My kids were playing skylanders at a friends house this weekend and I spotted these Skylanders Crystals pieces. They are large (as compared to a Heroscape figure), but I thought they were interesting. I could see using them as a big fancy glyph in a campaign of sorts. Kind of pricey, but in time that should change.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1500_.jpg

On amazon.

WolfScape February 11th, 2017 11:41 AM

Re: Skylanders Crystals

Those are awesome! :thumbsup: About how pricey? I'm a bit low on money right now, but I want some!

WolfScape February 11th, 2017 11:42 AM

Sorry about that! Missed the link! :roll: :shock: :oops:

mcmeeple February 20th, 2017 05:19 PM

They are expensive...but will someday be cheap when the game has new junk out.

TREX February 21st, 2017 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmeeple (Post 2136933)
They are expensive...but will someday be cheap when the game has new junk out.

I have bought most of all of these skylanders for my kid over the last couple of years. The new set is still super expensive. I ended up getting her a ton of the Disney infinity ones instead because they are super cheap going on clearance because they are being discontinued. I agree they do look cool, but like you said, Later when more junk comes out.:)

Yodaking February 21st, 2017 05:05 PM

Definitely cool looking. Maybe instead of buying them just use them as a model to inspire your own creation using scrap items and some paint.

TREX February 21st, 2017 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yodaking (Post 2137066)
Definitely cool looking. Maybe instead of buying them just use them as a model to inspire your own creation using scrap items and some paint.

I could most definitely do that.

mcmeeple February 22nd, 2017 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yodaking (Post 2137066)

Good idea. I hadn't thought of that. But it makes me think, one could put together some combo of nuts and bolts with a small bolt pointed upward. Then drill a hole into one of those crystals that you put in a fish tank. Put it on the bolt, paint the bolt and parts and you have a little crystal on a pedastal.

I am always looking for objects to serve as goals in a quest in my Level Scape game. I have also used disney princess minis from the pop-up game series to act as goals. My daughter really loved that and cheered her brother to rescue them.

TREX February 22nd, 2017 03:03 PM

@mcmeeple , have you seen @srmalloy 's crystals. I bought 4 of them from him and am going to use them as destructible objects as goals to winning the game by killing each others crystal or killing all enemy figures. I also bought four evergreen tree bases from him that I mounted the crystals on with my soldiering iron. The game type, I dubbed Dungeon Defender. Named after a video game in which you defend your crystal/s from hordes of enemies trying to destroy them.

mcmeeple February 22nd, 2017 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREX (Post 2137220)
@mcmeeple , have you seen @srmalloy 's crystals. I bought 4 of them from him and am going to use them as destructible objects as goals to winning the game by killing each others crystal or killing all enemy figures. I also bought four evergreen tree bases from him that I mounted the crystals on with my soldiering iron. The game type, I dubbed Dungeon Defender. Named after a video game in which you defend your crystal/s from hordes of enemies trying to destroy them.

I have not seen them...do you have a link. I searched his posts to no avail.

Edit: Never mind, I found them.https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...=52845&page=16

TREX February 22nd, 2017 05:42 PM

When I get home ill post some pics of the ones he made me.

srmalloy March 3rd, 2017 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmeeple (Post 2137233)

The base crystal formation is available on Thingiverse for download, and so are the object bases I designed, so if you have your own 3D printer -- or want to go through a 3D printing service locally, like 3Dhubs, you can download the STL files and print them yourself or have them printed.