Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Other Customization & HS Additions (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   deleted (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=53711)

TREX January 14th, 2017 02:07 AM

deleted

deleted

TheAverageFan January 14th, 2017 08:53 PM

Re: Heroscape Skirmish Assault with PDF Rulebook: 1-13-17

Seems like a really cool way to get all figures involved. Good work on this :up:

This format would also boost the value of figures that sometimes just aren't worth the order marker and hinder units that tend to demand all the turns to themselves.

~TAF

TREX January 14th, 2017 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAverageFan (Post 2130872)
Seems like a really cool way to get all figures involved. Good work on this :up:

This format would also boost the value of figures that sometimes just aren't worth the order marker and hinder units that tend to demand all the turns to themselves.

~TAF

Thanks TAF. Thats exactly the intention. To get all the units on the table fighting. This format also goes rather quickly. A game that might take 1 hour would be done in closer to 30 minutes. It also does increase the value of heroes that dont quite make it into the build of your army because of no synergy value. Even if they are really cool figures. With how easy this is, and how fun it is im surprised not as many seem excited about it. The pdf docs should make this super easy to understand and try out.

wriggz January 14th, 2017 10:11 PM

let's say I'm playing 2x10th 2xLegos marcus and negoksa.

Durine the order marker phase I place 2 markers on one 10th and tge 3rd on the other 10th. I then activate all 8 figures, taking 2 turns with one set of 4.

During the exaust phase can I take anothe turn with each of the tl10th cards, as well as one turn with eash squad of legionairs and one turn with marcus and negoksa (either through bonding or as there own activation depending on what's more adventitious?

TREX January 14th, 2017 11:32 PM

@wriggz correct. During the order marker turns are just like classic though the commons are treated like you would a unique squad during activation. Then in the same order of initiative use each army card once by exhausting them. Its quite simple and fun. Alot of testing has gone into this process on my end. Enjoy the pdfs. I just laminated mine.:)

Edit:In short, there isnt any real benefit in having an army of commons in this ruleset. There isnt really any severe penalty for having commons either. It just levels the meta for all types of units. @Porkins @Tornado. If i remember correctly you guys wanted to know when i finished this. So heres a shout out.

TREX January 16th, 2017 01:39 PM

Here are some thoughts on some of the way the meta changes with this addition with a simple power increase or decrease.

Commons-Decrease in power. By dividing commons into different squads by army card, they play closer to a unique squad. Getting slightly less attacks by how many figures on their card have died. Commons dominate heroes and unique squads previously by not losing attacking power until their ranks died out.

Heroes-Increase in Power. While requiring an order marker to play most of these individual heroes during the order marker phase. All heroes get to at least take one turn per round during the Army Card Exhaustion phase. This increases value for any hero you draft.

Bonding-Decrease in Power. While playing a card with bonding during the order marker phase, it keeps all its original power, but during the exhaustion phase it is slightly reduced to being able to exhaust the card and the card that bonds with it, instead of getting a free activation with a hero per say.

Cheerleader Units-Power increase. These units help their fellow unit, but are not as great for using order markers on. In the exhaustion phase they make up for it. Taelord just earned his points.

This is all the meta change ups with this fun addition I have time to post on my break. Let me know any thoughts you guys have on this. I'll post more later.

IshMEL January 16th, 2017 07:42 PM

Looks like a lot of fun to play! I like the combination of OM and non-OM turns. I've seen other systems do away with the Order Markers and it just doesn't feel like Heroscape.

TREX January 16th, 2017 10:42 PM

@IshMEL it is super fun. I like to think of the figures getting the oms as the champions of your army of the round. Where everyone gets to fight but they do more. Thanks for looking. Im sure if you try it youll have fun.

TREX January 19th, 2017 02:59 PM

I would be super stoked to hear about anyone's experience trying this out. I would like to add a video sooner or later on some play throughs so you guys can fully check out its awesomeness.

Johngee January 19th, 2017 05:39 PM

WOW!!! BRAVO Trex!! Thank you for all the effort in putting this together. Doing away with the HS Order Markers is something I've desired to experiment with for a very long time. As an old Grognardy war gamer, I have always hated the way that the OM's make a so called "BATTLE" seem more like WWF tag team wrestling match.

Too often I've witnessed players charge into an arena with their favorite hero or squad until it was "dead" or exhausted and then 'tag' the next one to jump in the ring to continue the carnage. Yes there have been times when squads of elite soldiers sat around drinking coffee while their good Sarge was out slaying the enemy, but this is unrealistic. Armies are built on teams of cohesive interdependent units that all 'bond.' They must complement each other to succeed and survive.

I have played Fantasy Flights' SW:IA enough times to see the simplicity of the implementation that you are suggesting. As soon as possible (unfortunately not today) I will don't load your files and read them thoroughly. Then I will get back to you with a more knowledgeable and opinionated (haha ;)) analysis. Since you created this topic that considers an alternative to traditional OM placement, I hope you don't mind me posting here few ideas that I've been considering to further the discussion with no intention of hijacking the Thread.

TREX January 19th, 2017 06:13 PM

I actually have not done away with the oms. There is a first attack phase with oms followed by an exhaust army card phase. Once you have had a chance to look over the pdfs you will see the rather simple additions to use your whole army. It is indeed very fun. Thanks for your comments and positive feedback.

Tornado January 19th, 2017 07:19 PM

Only skimmed so far but looks cool TREX. :)