Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

mac122 March 20th, 2015 07:38 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by William099 (Post 2010396)
What about Undead Resilience rather than Rejected by Death? The pirate's from the movie didn't die and come back, so much as just shrugged off damage that would otherwise have killed them.

I was picturing the scene in the attack on Port Royal where Will "kills" a pirate only to have him show back up. Something like Undead Resilience would work, too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2010399)
Here is a pirate custom I did I was thinking what I used for treasure map may work for the compass?

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...ps3ti9m0bg.jpg

We did something similar for Indiana Jones
http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/a...1.jpg~original

McHotcakes March 20th, 2015 12:29 PM

Okay so how about this?

Heart's Desire?
At the start of the game place the Jack's Compass Treasure Glyph on this Army Card.

Jack's Compass
Permanent Treasure Glyph

This figure may add 2 to their move as long as they are unengaged prior to moving and end their move on a glyph.

Taeblewalker March 20th, 2015 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 2010440)
Okay so how about this?

Heart's Desire?
At the start of the game place the Jack's Compass Treasure Glyph on this Army Card.

Jack's Compass
Permanent Treasure Glyph

This figure may add 2 to their move as long as they are unengaged prior to moving and end their move on a glyph.

I like it.

Shiftrex March 20th, 2015 04:57 PM

I definitely like it too, that should be fun to play with.

McHotcakes March 21st, 2015 02:13 PM

So

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
General: Aquilla

Life 4
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 4

Reserved Bullet Special Attack
Range 5. Attack 6.
At the start of the game chose a unique hero an opponent controls. Jack Sparrow may only use this attack against that hero, and may only use it once per game.

Parley
Whenever an opponent reveals an order marker for a figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Captain Jack Sparrow, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15-19, that figure's turn immediately ends. If you roll a 20, you may take temporary control of that figure's Army Card and all figures on it. Immediately take a turn with that figure's Army Card. At the end of that turn, control of that figure's Army Card returns to the player who controlled it before Parley. All Order Markers that were on that figure's card will stay on the card.

Heart's Desire

Jack's Compass
Permanent Treasure Glyph

Then if you guys want a Cortez Treasure Glyph here's a rough draft.

Treasure of Cortés
Permanent Glyph

If a non-Undead non-Soulborg figure lands on this glyph, that figure's owner may place a cursed gold token on that figure's Army Card. If you do then all figures on that Army Card are now Undead and gain the Undead Resilience special power.

I decided a normal glyph would make more sense than a treasure glyph, because A)The chest with the treasure never moved in the movie, and B) The curse is non transferable. If it was a treasure glyph then someone else could pick up the glyph and in turn get cursed, which wash't how the curse worked in the movie.

William099 March 21st, 2015 04:56 PM

If the treasure glyph was just specifically a coin then it would work that way. Jack picked up a coin and subsequently became cursed.

McHotcakes March 22nd, 2015 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by William099 (Post 2010640)
If the treasure glyph was just specifically a coin then it would work that way. Jack picked up a coin and subsequently became cursed.

But he picked the coin out from the chest. Will and Elizabeth both handled a coin someone else took and remained uncursed.

William099 March 22nd, 2015 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 2010745)
Quote:

But he picked the coin out from the chest. Will and Elizabeth both handled a coin someone else took and remained uncursed.

Well then what it comes down to is the old struggle inherent in "game not a simulation." Do we make it more complicated trying to simulate the effect perfectly yet still satisfy the rules of the game, or do we go with a more simple interpretation that works better within the framework of those same rules?

Dysole March 22nd, 2015 05:33 PM

Honestly

Quote:

Originally Posted by William099 (Post 2010775)
Quote:

Quote:

Well then what it comes down to is the old struggle inherent in "game not a simulation." Do we make it more complicated trying to simulate the effect perfectly yet still satisfy the rules of the game, or do we go with a more simple interpretation that works better within the framework of those same rules?

It's not too much more complicated and the permanent glyph way allows a squad of something to have it. That said, giving something like 4th Mass undead resilience might be a terrible idea.

~Dysole, lurking

McHotcakes March 22nd, 2015 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by William099 (Post 2010775)
Quote:

Quote:

I honestly don't think making it a normal glyph is that much more complicated than the treasure glyph route. If a figure lands on the Cortez Gold glyph they basically choose to change their species and gain a power for the rest of the game.

Its strait forward, get cursed or don't. I actually think its less complicated than having to worry about other figures stealing the treasure glyph, and the curse, from one another.

Plus making the glyph stationary could lead to some fun play scenarios imo.

Taeblewalker March 22nd, 2015 06:30 PM

I think a stationary glyph works well for squads, but poorly for heroes.

William099 March 23rd, 2015 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 2010790)
I think a stationary glyph works well for squads, but poorly for heroes.

Which is mostly my concern since heroes are the people you see in the movies as portrayed as cursed more often than not.