Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Solomon Kane (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=49718)

Karat December 30th, 2013 11:54 PM

Re: The Book of Solomon Kane - Design Phase

Agreed. One marker and works on Squads and heroes. which it does currently, and I like the name Righteous Retribution more than Relentless Avenger.

Zettian Juggernaut December 31st, 2013 09:40 AM

I like one marker, it's just more clean.

Hellfire December 31st, 2013 09:57 AM

Yeah, I like one marker for game play's sake and allowing the marker to be placed on squads so that he can hunt down groups of characters and still maintain some theme for the character.

Viegon December 31st, 2013 12:47 PM

I just had another idea: what if Relentless Avenger/Righteous Retribution boosted his attack number by 1 or 2 for that turn instead of an auto-skull? That power and Swordplay don't play together that much right now (an auto-skull doesn't count as a skull rolled, so it can't trigger another attack), and it seems to me an attack boost would be more thematic. You described him as going into a vengeful rage, so wouldn't it be more thematic if he just kept slicing away at his enemy with more attack? It seems to me the auto-skull for one attack comes off as more precise then rage-like. Something like:

Quote:

RIGHTEOUS RETRIBUTION
Start the game with 1 black Retribution Marker on this card. If a friendly figure within clear sight of Solomon Kane is attacked by an opponent's figure and receives one or more wounds, you may place your Retribution Marker on the attacking figure's card. Before attacking with Solomon Kane, you may remove your Retribution Marker from the defending figure's card and place it back on this card to add 2 to Solomon Kane's attack number for the remainder of the turn.

quozl December 31st, 2013 12:55 PM

I do like that better, V. Slight change though:

Quote:

RIGHTEOUS RETRIBUTION
Start the game with 1 black Retribution Marker on this card. If a friendly figure within clear sight of Solomon Kane is attacked by an opponent's figure and receives one or more wounds, you may place your Retribution Marker on the attacking figure's card. Before attacking a figure with your Retribution Marker on its card with Solomon Kane, you may remove your Retribution Marker from the defending figure's card and place it back on this card to add 2 to Solomon Kane's attack number for the remainder of the turn.

IAmBatman December 31st, 2013 01:21 PM

Put me down in favor of 5 Move, either way for the Defense, and Wanderer or Vindicator (prefer Wanderer if we have RELENTLESS AVENGER or UNRELENTING AVENGER for the power name. Prefer Vindicator otherwise).

For the previous version of the Retribution/Avenger power, you could have just had him cap at one auto skull regardless of how many markers he placed (which could have been done in quite a bit less text). This new direction works as well, though.

Flame Gryphon January 3rd, 2014 02:33 AM

SP updated with 5 Defense, 5 Move, correct ordering of powers, and newest version of Righteous Retribution. :up:

Any comments before I send this out to ERB and start the initial? :)

johnny139 January 3rd, 2014 03:23 AM

Looks good to me! :up:

Hellfire January 3rd, 2014 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 1899792)
Looks good to me! :up:

:up:

IAmBatman January 3rd, 2014 09:13 AM

:up:

Karat January 3rd, 2014 05:17 PM

I still like Vindicator better, but that's a minor thing.

On a side note, I watched a movie entitled Solomon Kane last night and really enjoyed it. Not sure how accurate it is, as I don't know the character, but it really got me hyped for him to get through the design process.

Flame Gryphon January 4th, 2014 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karat (Post 1899970)
I still like Vindicator better, but that's a minor thing.

On a side note, I watched a movie entitled Solomon Kane last night and really enjoyed it. Not sure how accurate it is, as I don't know the character, but it really got me hyped for him to get through the design process.

Oops, thought I updated that. :oops: Class changed to Vindicator, and thanks for the catch! :)

EDIT: I've heard the movie is pretty good, but I haven't watched it myself. :shrug: May have to load that up sometime this week to get fully in the mood. :)