Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Solomon Kane (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=49718)

quozl December 30th, 2013 09:08 PM

Re: The Book of Solomon Kane - Design Phase

Looks good except it needs "your" to differentiate your markers from another player's Solomon Kane's markers.

Karat December 30th, 2013 09:14 PM

Good catch. Fixed.

RELENTLESS AVENGER
Start the game with 4 black Retribution Markers. Whenever a friendly figure within clear sight of Solomon Kane receives one or more wounds from an opponent's figure's attack, you may place 1 of your Retribution Marker on the attacking figure's card. When Solomon Kane attacks an opponent's figure, you may add 1 automatic skull for each of your black Retribution Marker on that figure's card. If you do so, remove all of your black Retribution Markers on that figure's card from the game. A figure may never have more than 2 Retribution Markers on its card.

Zettian Juggernaut December 30th, 2013 09:45 PM

Things look good.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Karat (Post 1898492)
Good catch. Fixed.

RELENTLESS AVENGER
Start the game with 4 black Retribution Markers on this card. Whenever a friendly figure within clear sight of Solomon Kane receives one or more wounds from an opponent's figure's attack, you may place 1 of your Retribution Marker on the attacking figure's card. When Solomon Kane attacks an opponent's figure, you may add 1 automatic skull for each of your black Retribution Marker on that figure's card. If you do so, remove all of your black Retribution Markers on that figure's card from the game. A figure may never have more than 2 Retribution Markers on its card.

Though I think "on this card" should be on there.

Karat December 30th, 2013 09:54 PM

I don't think it really matters, but if you add that you have to add the line "...other than Solomon Kane.." to that last line.

quozl December 30th, 2013 09:56 PM

I'd much rather limit the retribution markers to 1 per card instead of 2.

TrollBrute December 30th, 2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 1898513)
I'd much rather limit the retribution markers to 1 per card instead of 2.

Agreed. It just feels more thematically and mechanically cleaner.

I'm also with johnny on preferring 5 Move/4 Defense.

A3n December 30th, 2013 10:08 PM

I got nothing more that hasn't been said so far. Don't know the character well enough otherwise.

Viegon December 30th, 2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 1898442)
Re-reading it seems sort of odd to me that he's a "Fanatical Wanderer" with the power "Relentless Avenger" which uses "Retribution Markers." I think moving things around a bit there to make it more aesthetically consistent would help some.

What about keeping the "Retribution Markers" and calling the power "Righteous Retribution" or something like that?

Quote:

RELENTLESS AVENGER
Start the game with 4 black Retribution Markers. Whenever a friendly figure within clear sight of Solomon Kane receives one or more wounds from an opponent's figure's attack, you may place 1 of your Retribution Marker on the attacking figure's card. When Solomon Kane attacks an opponent's figure, you may add 1 automatic skull for each of your black Retribution Marker on that figure's card. If you do so, remove all of your black Retribution Markers on that figure's card from the game. A figure may never have more than 2 Retribution Markers on its card.
Is there a particular reason why the markers are removed from the game? It seems to oddly limit his uses throughout a game and adds more wording. And thematically, why would his vengeance be so limited? Personally, I think the power would be most thematic if done something like this:

Quote:

RIGHTEOUS RETRIBUTION
Start the game with 2 black Retribution Markers on this card. If a friendly figure within clear sight of Solomon Kane is attacked by an opponent's figure and receives one or more wounds, you may place 1 Retribution Marker from this card unto the attacking figure's card. When attacking with Solomon Kane, you may remove all of your Retribution Markers from the defending figure's card and place them back on this card. Add 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled for each Retribution Marker removed for that attack.
Just my :2cents:.

quozl December 30th, 2013 10:19 PM

I think it'd even be more thematic if he only had 1 marker and reused it so he focuses on avenging one figure at a time.

Viegon December 30th, 2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 1898537)
I think it'd even be more thematic if he only had 1 marker and reused it so he focuses on avenging one figure at a time.

Oh, yeah, I like that more (nicely thematic and cleans up the wording).

Flame Gryphon December 30th, 2013 10:45 PM

1. Firstly, you'll need to paint pretty much all the clothes black. The harness, hat, and the various pouches along with it. His undershirt should be white, however.
  2. The various buttons were painted a dull silver, and the buckles a dull bronze.
  3. You can sandpaper the belt down if you want, but regardless paint it a nice green-blue color to represent his gypsy sash.
These are really all you need to get a pretty great Solomon Kane mini! If you want to add all the little touches I added... ;)
  1. Paint the hilt on the sword the same dull bronze, and the blade a little lighter silver then you used for the buttons.
  2. I darkened the pistol, changing it from silver and light wood to more of a bronze and dark wood.
  3. Although it can't be seen on the card, he has a few accessories on the back of his belt. Paint the trap a dull silver. For the bible, I painted the pages in, then painted the cross on the cover gold.
  4. You can also do what I tried to do and paint the face to have a little more life in it, as well as to actually have eyes. It's not needed, but if you do, I suggest going slow and using small amounts of paint and going back for more. I used a peach color, then put a light red wash over it before dotting in the eyes in black.

Spoiler Alert!

johnny139 December 30th, 2013 11:36 PM

It currently does work on squads, I believe - doesn't specify type of unit.

I don't mind a the multiples, and probably prefer it, but I agree that having one marker he just reuses is definitely a lot cleaner.