Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Custom Units & Army Cards (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands. (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=51286)

William099 January 27th, 2015 12:07 AM

Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.

As a bona fide Warforged Enthusiast I have wanted to make a large scale Warforged Custom expansion, so here is my shot at a Warforged master set.

Map:
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...8519143102.jpg
a variant of tannergx's Remains of Clionesia
Terrain Requirements:
1 x Rise of the Valkyrie
1 x Fortress of the Archkyrie

Game Contents.
18 painted figures
12 Treasure Glyphs
3 Straight Bases
6 Corner Bases
1 End Base
3 Straight Wall Sections
6 Corner Wall Sections
1 End Wall Section
24 Single-Space Wall Walks
1 Nine-Space Wall Walk
1 Seven-Space Wall Walk
14 Water Tiles (1 Hex)
2 Sand Tiles (3 Hex)
2 Sand Tiles (7 Hex)
2 Sand Tiles (2 Hex)
4 Sand Tiles (1 Hex)
6 Grass Tiles (24 Hex)
5 Grass Tiles (7 Hex)
5 Grass Tiles (3 Hex)
5 Grass Tiles (2 Hex)
16 Grass Tiles (1 Hex)
2 Rock Tiles (24 Hex)
3 Rock Tiles (7 Hex)
3 Rock Tiles (3 Hex)
3 Rock Tiles (2 Hex)
1 Rock Tile (1 Hex)
2 Ruins

Ruins of Cyre
A nation destroyed by a mysterious cataclysm on a day now called the Day of Mourning, it is now called the Mournlands. Due to the presence of the eerie Deadgrey Mist, which is harmful to the mortal races an ethnomaniacal Warforged who calls himself the Lord of Blades has set up a headquarters within the Mournlands, he calls all Warforged to join him there. Preaching the death and enslavement of all other races the Lord of Blades would see the Warforged installed as a master race on Khorvaire and eventually in Eberron as a whole.

Now a party of righteous Warforged, who do not believe in his agenda have risen to meet him, and in the ruined city of Eston will seek to put an end to the Cult of Blades and their leader's tyranny once and for all! This party, led by the Warforged visionary Elam seeks to create a Warforged nation that can coexist alongside the other races. The group calls themselves the Party of the Bearer because Elam is in possession of a powerful Circlet of Preservation. An artifact that can repair Warforged as well as store their souls in case of death. As the Bearer of the Circlet Elam seeks to forge a new path for Warforged everywhere.

Special Rules
WARFORGED COMPONENT RULES:
Warforged components function as normal permanent treasure glyphs except with the following special rules. Only Warforged figures may carry Warforged Components. In addition a Warforged character may carry only a limited number of components detailed by the following restrictions, each Warforged Component card will carry the designation detailing which restriction applies to that specific glyph.

ARM COMPONENT
A figure may only carry two Arm Component Treasure glyphs at a time.

MULTI LIMB COMPONENT
A figure with a multilimb component may not carry any Arm or Feet Component Treasure glyphs.

FACIAL COMPONENT
A figure may only carry one Facial Component Treasure glyph at a time.

HEAD COMPONENT
A figure may only carry one Head Component Treasure glyph at a time.

BACK COMPONENT
A figure may only carry one Back Component Treasure glyph at a time.

AMULET COMPONENT
A figure may only carry one Amulet Component Treasure glyph at a time.

Scenarios
Scenario 1
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...8519188102.jpg
The Party of the Bearer has located the secret base of the mad Lord of Blades deep in the Mournlands in the city of Eston. Having sent Swift on ahead to scout, Elam and his compatriots have located the armory where the cult is storing valuable Warforged Components, artifact weapons that lend a great advantage to the Warforged who wields them. Elam must secure these artifacts before the Cult of Blades can lock them all away.

2 players
Player 1 (Black Start Zones, Party of the Bearer) 740 points
Mender, Cadeuceus, Swift, Siege, Elam, Gerick
Player 2 (Red Start Zones, Cult of Blades) 630 points
Lord of Blades, Saber, Straightshot, 3x Warforged Cultists

Setup:
Player 1 places Swift on the Black Start Zone space above the central road tiles, while the rest of the party starts on the remaining Black Start Zone spaces on the edge of the map.

Player 2 places one squad of Warforged Cultists in the Red Start Zone spaces in the armory. The rest of the army is placed in the Red Start Zone spaces within the ruined walls of Eston.

Winning Conditions: The game ends immediately when the last glyph is revealed. Whoever is in possession of the most glyphs at that point wins. If it is tied, the game ends as soon as the tie is broken. Alternately, you can win by destroying all of your opponent's figures.

Scenario 2
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...8519268102.jpg
The Lord of Blades has located the Creation Forge of House Cannith. If he can get this lost artifact working again he will no longer have to recruit followers to his cause, rather he will be able to make them. The Party of the Bearer must seize control of the Creation Forge at all costs, or kill the Lord of Blades before his plans come to fruition.

2 players
Player 1 (Black Start Zones, Party of the Bearer) 740 points
Mender, Cadeuceus, Swift, Siege, Elam, Gerick
Player 2 (Red Start Zones, Cult of Blades) 630 points
Lord of Blades, Saber, Straightshot, 3x Warforged Cultists

Setup:
Player 1 places their figures on any of the Black Start Zone spaces.
Player 2 places their figure on any of the Red Start Zone spaces with the exception of the Lord of Blades who must start the game adjacent to the power-side up Creation Forge glyph. (Glyph of Brandar’s Chest, may not be carried by any figure in this scenario.)

Winning Conditions:
Player 1 by the end of 8 rounds, have a figure unengaged on the Creation Forge glyph or destroy the Lord of Blades.
Player 2 at the end of 8 rounds have prevented player one from ending their turn unengaged on the Creation Forge Glyph.

Figures:
Party of the Bearer

Cult of Blades

Warforged Component Treasure Glyphs

TheAverageFan January 27th, 2015 12:43 AM

Re: William099's Warforged Master Set.

Looks pretty good for Tactical Switching and Treasure Glyph pullin'. Are these Warforged the ones you've been requesting cards for? Are you going to make additional Warforged squads? The Warforged Soldiers always were pretty cool.

~TAF

William099 January 27th, 2015 05:15 AM

Re: William099's Warforged Master Set.

Yes and yes. Thanks for your enthusiasm!

William099 January 27th, 2015 07:22 PM

Re: Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.

Added Scenarios and Special Rules plus smoothed out the bio. When I finish releasing all the characters and glyphs I was wondering if there was someone who could make me a rules pdf similar to the original mastersets? Kind of like what HOSS did? I'd also like one of the map build instructions made for this. Anybody got the talent for that?

Also don't forget to check out the figures spoiler! The Party of the Bearer has arrived!

Killometer January 27th, 2015 07:42 PM

Looking good. I can't wait to meet the Lord of Blades. :twisted:

I'm getting flashbacks from those equipment slots. :lol:

Making a VS version of the map would probably only take about a half hour, if there was some way I could see it deconstructed. Dunno how you'd do that without having VS yourself, though, short of taking and posting a pic of every level. :shrug:

William099 January 27th, 2015 07:53 PM

Its the same build as remains of clionesia except the two pillars on the right side of the map are moved from where they originally were and the ruins are in a different place. If that helps at all.

William099 January 30th, 2015 03:41 PM

Added Warforged Cultists!

Scaperedude January 30th, 2015 03:47 PM

I like it:-) Bravo

I would like to see more!

Killometer January 30th, 2015 04:26 PM

Tactical Smite is a really cool idea, but it looks like it could become a bookkeeping nightmare. How was it in practice?

Maybe compare it to they lose their bonus shield against any attacker, but only for the next turn?

Dysole January 30th, 2015 05:08 PM

Hmmm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killometer (Post 1999865)
Tactical Smite is a really cool idea, but it looks like it could become a bookkeeping nightmare. How was it in practice?

Maybe compare it to they lose their bonus shield against any attacker, but only for the next turn?

Yeah. I second this. You want to limit your memory stuff (something I have been guilty of when making customs) to very easy to remember or something with a visible marker of some sort.

~Dysole, trying to think how to recreate the effect you're going for

TheAverageFan January 30th, 2015 05:49 PM

You could always make it activate on the whole squad and then lose out on Resolve for the duration of the round. I know that's much more loss of Resolve than gain for Smite if you have multiples, but it's probably the easiest way to make it non-memory based.

Quote:

Before attacking with Warforged Cultists, you may use Tactical Smite. When attacking with Tactical Smite, add 1 automatic skull to whatever you roll. After using Tactical Smite, all powers on this Army Card are negated for the duration of the round.
Provided Smite is supposed to be a once-per-round thing.

~TAF

Dysole January 30th, 2015 06:01 PM

Hmm

At the very least it should be "Before attacking", unless you want it to be something that you can add after you roll in which case it would be "After attack dice are rolled but before defense dice are rolled" or whatever the right phrase is there. Unfortunately, barring a marker or making it affect all members of the squad I'm not seeing a great way to do this.

~Dysole, noting that a marker and affecting all squads are about the same functionally