Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

William099 April 11th, 2012 11:37 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Your welcome, yeah I have seen em read some of the playtesting results for The Doctor he seems like a very fun and intuitive unit... a question though what weapon is he using for his brilliant special attack? Some kind of light weapon?

JC McMinis April 12th, 2012 12:10 AM

Im not really sure, I personally know very little about Dr. Who. So maybe some of the others might be able to better answer that.

William099 April 12th, 2012 12:11 AM

Okay will do.

mac122 April 12th, 2012 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by William099 (Post 1591517)
Your welcome, yeah I have seen em read some of the playtesting results for The Doctor he seems like a very fun and intuitive unit... a question though what weapon is he using for his brilliant special attack? Some kind of light weapon?

I don't think it's any particular weapon. The Doctor is using his amazing intellect to attack in a way that doesn't allow a defense. "Brilliant!" is sort of a catch-phrase for Dr. Who.

William099 April 12th, 2012 01:09 AM

Okay that was my second guess.

mac122 April 12th, 2012 01:35 AM

Duncan MacLeod
http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/a...MACLEOD-v2.jpg

Glyph of The Source
http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/a...ESOURCE-v2.jpg

Glyph of The Source Label
http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/a...ourcelabel.png
When printing the label, be sure to set the image width at 1.39" (35mm) and height at 1.58" (40mm) in order to fit it on a glyph. Edit: I need to check these dimensions. I may have the width and height reversed.

Taeblewalker April 12th, 2012 01:42 AM

Great work, Mac!

William099 April 12th, 2012 01:54 AM

:drool:

Sorry if this is a question that has already been addressed... but what are the rules concerning the Glyph of the Source? Who is allowed to draft it? Do I have to have Duncan or another figure with the Immortal 11 special power in my army in order to have the glyph? Or is it on the board and then who ever is standing on the glyph gets the bonuses from it?

What do I got to do to join you guys?

We gotta have Connor MacLeod... he'd have to have his "unblockable sword attack" the one where he tucks his sword behind the opponents head... I can't find what the name of that technique was though... I could have sworn it had one... As far as a figure goes we could always use Alastair MacDirk.

And I know its not my turn in the sequence so this isn't an actual nomination just food for thought.

JC McMinis April 12th, 2012 07:32 AM

Well the glyph is just like any other glyph...either you use it on a board or you don't...nobody drafts it. The way I picture it is it:s ability affects the whole board, so when a small or medium unique hero is destroyed anywhere on the board you roll to see if they become immortal. On the other subjects, whetheror not we do Corner or any other immortal only time will tell. You are welcome to join the project in my opinion. Im sure no one else would have a problem with it either.

mac great looking card and I think, barring any need for corrections, we are ready to move on. Taeble your up next.

mac122 April 12th, 2012 09:25 AM

@William099 - stick around and contribute as we discuss designs and you'll have a chance to be put in the rotation.

SirGalahad April 12th, 2012 09:37 AM

I can't get into the details now, but the glyph power is referencing The Source as a separate power when the powers come from having the marker. Also the glyph references removing wound markers from "this card", but the glyph card won't have wound markers.

Fi Skirata April 12th, 2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1591712)
I can't get into the details now, but the glyph power is referencing The Source as a separate power when the powers come from having the marker. Also the glyph references removing wound markers from "this card", but the glyph card won't have wound markers.

GLYPH OF THE SOURCE
This Glyph is always placed power side up. When a Small or Medium Unique Hero you control that does not have the Immortal 11 power is destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 15 or higher, place a green Source marker on that figure's Army Card. Remove any wound markers from that army card and place the chosen figure on any empty space in your start zone. Soulborgs, Constructs, and Undead are not affected by The Glyph of the Source. Figures with a Source Marker gain The Quickening and Immortal 11 special powers shown below:

THE QUICKENING
When this figure destroys a figure with the Immortal 11 ability, take permanent control of that figure's Army Card and any Army Card that opponent gained control of with The Quickening ability. This figure may use any ability on any army card that you gained control of with The Quickening ability.

IMMORTAL 11
On the start of each of your turns after this figure has been destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, immediately place this figure in your start zone and remove all wound markers from this Army Card. You may not use this ability if this figure is destroyed by a figure with the Immortal 11 ability.

Fixed!