Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Gen Con (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Thursday Night Open: Customs tournament proposal (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55896)

wargamingaddict87 June 28th, 2019 03:20 PM

Thursday Night Open: Customs tournament proposal

Hey ya'll
I love customs. C3V and SOV are the future of this game that we all love.
Thursday Night 8pm I will be hosting a Customs tournament:

Format: Bring 2
C3V and SOV customs are not only welcomed but encouraged!

Bring 2 armies. Each match up you'll each roll a d20, the winner gets first choice of all 4 armies brought between the 2 players (you can play with one of your opponents armies that match up)

The goal of this format is to encourage trying new armies that include C3V and SOV figures and squads.

Lastly. I will be personally contributing 10$ per person worth of C3V and SOV figures and squads into the prize pool.

Register here
https://www.gencon.com/events/146734

Post questions, comments or let me know that you are interested below.

vegietarian18 July 14th, 2019 08:20 PM

Re: Thursday Night Open: Customs tournament proposal

I'll be bringing two 410 point VC armies to Thursday Night Open Play. Hopefully we can get enough people to have a tournament!

Dysole July 15th, 2019 01:57 AM

Hmm

This looks very interesting. Expect me to be present.

~Dysole, informationally

Dad_Scaper July 15th, 2019 11:24 AM

That is the most committal I have every seen dysole on any subject on this message board. That's a big :up: :up: from her. :)

Dysole July 15th, 2019 01:16 PM

Course Corrections

You need to come visit the CoN forums then sometime DS. ~_^ kevindola or vegie will back up that I'm much more committal there.

That said, I've definitely tried to be more committal to events in general (especially when people need a good head count) and I was hoping there would be a VC event in particular.

~Dysole, still sorting out pieces of her Gencon schedule

infectedsloth July 18th, 2019 04:46 PM

Thanks for running it this year wargamingaddict87, I'm in. I'll ask my squad and see if anyone else is also playing.

I have 359 VC figures and I plan to bring all of them. If anyone's hesitant to sign up due to lack of VC figures, or just want to play units they don't have let me know. I'll post my full collection when I have a minute.

Dad_Scaper July 19th, 2019 12:02 PM

The-'Scaper-formerly-known-as-KidScaper will be participating in this, I believe. I might, as well. Not sure if this, or the old man event, or something else.

Probably the kids doing this would be happier if I took my old man slowness to the appropriate event. Hmm. . .

caps July 27th, 2019 05:14 PM

You can count me in!

Dad_Scaper July 28th, 2019 02:06 PM

I'm in.

I don't see a set figure/hex limit, so I'll just keep it reasonable. :)

wargamingaddict87 August 1st, 2019 06:31 PM

Hey scapers. I’ve been getting progressively worse (stomach bug) today at GenCon. I don’t want to get anyone else sick and honestly just want to sleep and hopefully recover for tomorrow.

I have C3V/Sov prizes for those who play. I left mathias know and I hope you all still meet up and play. I’m really sorry for the change to the plans.

lefton4ya August 2nd, 2019 12:43 AM

Sorry to miss this one. Hope it went well.

caps August 4th, 2019 05:31 PM

We had quite a few no-shows (DS, wargamingaddict, and infectedsloth for sure). Dok played in the old man tourney instead.

Dysole and Vegietarian did play a game. I didn't play; I was worn out after a very long final in Take 2 with MajorQ23, but would have played if there were more players.

I think this event being at night really hurts the attendance; wish we could get a Thursday morning or afternoon slot. But it would need to not overlap a draft event.