Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Custom Units & Army Cards (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Spite's Customs - Bloo! 10/11 (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=33938)

MrWookiee February 5th, 2011 06:49 PM

Re: Spite's Customs - NEW MOD 1/31

Oh, I misread the Putrification name. And Soundwarp, Putrification is spelled right, as spell checked by my phone. ;)
Edit: never mind, I misread the card again. It seems, as always, Soundwarp is right.

spiteofthedice February 11th, 2011 08:41 PM

Re: Spite's Customs - 2 new on 2-11!

Okay, 2 new cards up tonight:

First, the Skeletal Priest, a spearhead for the Undead army. BONE HARVEST was inspired by a custom I saw on this site. Now I can't find it, so thank you, anonymous ability-inspirer, and please come forward if you like.

And the Ice Archon. He started as a Jandar figure, but a) Jandar already has an Archon, b) Vydar could use some more figures, and c) I really wanted to give the Ice Trolls a hand, without giving the Archon to Utgar, and Vydar seemed a nice choice. So anyway:
The Ice Archon:

obfuscatedhippo February 11th, 2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

First, the Skeletal Priest, a spearhead for the Undead army. BONE HARVEST was inspired by a custom I saw on this site. Now I can't find it, so thank you, anonymous ability-inspirer, and please come forward if you like.
All of your customs are great! I like the Skeletal Priest, as I like Zombies :) If you run 4 squads of Zombies, that would be 240 pts. Maybe drop the Priest to 160 pts ~ so you have an even 400pt. I like that 160 pts would be balanced.

I did have a custom drow that had a similar power:

Faerie Fire
When revealing a numbered order marker on Jae'lynn Emberspark's army card, you may also reveal an “X” order marker that is on Jae'lynn's army card to activate Faerie Fire for the duration of the round. When activated, chose an opponent’s figure within 8 clear sight spaces of Jae'lynn. Place your “X” order marker on the chosen figure’s army card. All normal attacks against figures affected by Faerie Fire receive 1 additional attack die and attacking figures may use clear sight instead of target zones.

flameslayer93 February 11th, 2011 08:58 PM

A couple thoughts spite on the Bone Priest...

The Skeletal Priest appears to be pretty dangerous, and being in a team with Zombies and/or Cyp, will be quite the destructive force. I do wonder, how are turns for U. Incantation defined? As your turns? And if so, does the turn the power is activated count?

I do notice a "break" however. If played with Zombiesx5 and Marcu, the Priest is essentially invincible. Zombies can bring each other back during rounds with U. Incantation active, and then they'll die to regenerate the Priest on the next! And the process repeats itself. This is because of Bone Harvest's incredibly long range, the enemy will almost never get to the Priest unharmed, unless they have have Stealth Flying(not a lot of cheap figs with that). I would reduce the range to about 5, this way that there is an OK chance that a Zombie or Marcu won't be in range of Bone Harvest and will put the Priest in battle.

I do like that figure though. Any chance of revealing the name of it;)

tom February 11th, 2011 10:37 PM

The Skeletal Priest is badass! I love the undead and he is a great addition to the HS undead army. Like flameslayer93 above suggested, you may want to tone down the range of his powers.

I NEED to know what figure you used for him!

spiteofthedice February 12th, 2011 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flameslayer93 (Post 1338414)
A couple thoughts spite on the Bone Priest...

The Skeletal Priest appears to be pretty dangerous, and being in a team with Zombies and/or Cyp, will be quite the destructive force. I do wonder, how are turns for U. Incantation defined? As your turns? And if so, does the turn the power is activated count?

Hm. Yes and yes. By "turns," I meant the turns of whomever is fielding the Priest, but I'll have to specify that. And yes, you activate UI on revealing the OM, so that would count as a turn with UI in effect.
Quote:

I do notice a "break" however. If played with Zombiesx5 and Marcu, the Priest is essentially invincible. Zombies can bring each other back during rounds with U. Incantation active, and then they'll die to regenerate the Priest on the next! And the process repeats itself. This is because of Bone Harvest's incredibly long range, the enemy will almost never get to the Priest unharmed, unless they have have Stealth Flying(not a lot of cheap figs with that). I would reduce the range to about 5, this way that there is an OK chance that a Zombie or Marcu won't be in range of Bone Harvest and will put the Priest in battle.

I do like that figure though. Any chance of revealing the name of it;)
See below for the figure. As for the advice--grrr. You're totally right. I'll have to drop the Range to 5, maybe even 4. Not tonight. Spite's tired. Thanks, though, for helping with the fine-tuning (not that any of us have tried him out yet, but still, you're totally right about the range).

Quote:

Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo (Post 1338412)
All of your customs are great

Wow. Thanks, man. I try. Most of my customs are me encouraging myself to field things I normally don't go for, but I'm trying to make them as interesting as possible.
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom (Post 1338508)
The Skeletal Priest is badass! I love the undead and he is a great addition to the HS undead army. Like flameslayer93 above suggested, you may want to tone down the range of his powers.

I NEED to know what figure you used for him!

Right. Sorry. Forgot to mention that. The figure is a World of Warcraft mini called Skeletal Priest, and the link is to Troll&Toad, which still has lots in stock. Go nuts. He's larger than any of our human HS figures, but I kind of like that, since it goes along with his being evil incarnate. If anything, calling him a '6' might be a little stingy. I considered calling him a '7'. I guess he's about the size of an Omni Sniper (who, by the way, I have an AWESOME mod for that I'm finishing up).

As always, I can't thank you enough for the feedback.

I shall return.

~Spite

spiteofthedice February 14th, 2011 09:24 PM

Bump! Card! Ru-Mok-Sa! I previewed the sculpt already; now he has a card. Let me know what you think. Balanced?

Tor-Kul-Na on Othkurik's wing-clipped body with Dund's head. More yet to come. I just clear-coated 6 or 7 new mods. Gotta take pictures. Night!

~Spite

MrWookiee February 14th, 2011 09:57 PM

Maybe a little underpowered. With 5 defense he can take a hit, and against squads he can get 2 a turn with his 4 attack. Maybe, 130 points, or 135?

flameslayer93 February 14th, 2011 10:13 PM

Personally, I think this isn't half bad. I would change the cost to 110, only because the Groks need some help and Groksx3 and RMS would equal 500. Since that is only 10 figures, against most armies, this team might actually be worth using:p

The only thing I'm concerned about is the Romans... blast them... If nothing else you can lower defense and life to 4. It will weaken him greatly, but will hopefully discourage Roman use and encourage Marro Calvary slaughterfests:twisted:

Kaemon Awa 123 February 14th, 2011 10:21 PM

Air:
Sephyn the Howling Storm:
Probably overpowered... his SA combined with a moving screen that can move with him for 2 turns in a round... I'm guessing 140 if he stays as is.
The Air Archon:
Eh, OK I guess... more air elementals would be a better choice in an army based around Sephyn, as the archon lacks anything... intresting or particularily useful, in addition to messing up the OM management.
Ward, the Warforged Bodyguard:
Ouch... protection for with this guy, Raelin and rats, a Q9 or Vydar ranged pod starts looking scary, seeing as he can protect Raelin while remaining within her aura. 5 defence with WR is going to make killing Raelin nearly impossible.
Thaelin Frostblade, the Frost Dwarf:
Should say attack special as worded... no real thoughts about this guy, makes an intresting addition to the dwarf faction, although I'm not really liking regenerate for a dwarf.
The Stone Golems:
Uses A twice, once in each power... doesn't seem like the fastest looking guy to me, but I guess he is running...
Earth: Heoreth Stonelever:
Eh, not really any thoughts... solid mechanically and in price.
The Earth Archon:
Underpriced, to be sure. Drop the defence or the life.
Water:
Motura the Waning Moon:
Should say 20-sided die. Melee hates this guy, plain and simple... not to mention he breaks the trend of being able to summon elementals.
The Water Archon:
Short circut in non-thematic, as soulborg figures don't have to roll for damage when entering a water tile. Battleaxe is also an existing power name (Torin)
Gorkra, the Minotaur:
Nice melee tank... I like him. However, I don't understand the power name, although I'm sure you have a reason for it.

The Greater Bog Elemental:
Not much more that I can say than everyone in the 3FG has said.
The Skeletal Priest:
Powerful, but high points might make him not worth it.
The Ice Archon:
Don't like the breaking of the Archon trend, or the Ice Troll synergy.
Ru-Mok-Sa, the Marro Warlord:
Not much I really think about this guy... OK I guess, it'd need testing.

spiteofthedice February 15th, 2011 05:21 PM

Re: Spite's Customs - Ru-Mok-Sa 2-14

Kaemon, I know the wording isn't always exact, but they're just customs, and "d20" takes up less space. Generally, I try to word the cards as "officially" as possible, but on some things, I'm just willing to compromise. We all know what I mean by d20. Same thing with the "A"s in the Stone Golem's card. He's an Uncommon, there are more than one, so each one is "a Stone Golem."

And I know the Archons need work. In fact, I'm so bored with the idea of another elementalist (fire) with a summoning power that I'm thinking of taking them all back to the drawing board and designing the Archons as stand-alone heroes and the elementalists as boosters. I'd really like to be done with them, but even though they each work with a different elemental, I hate how repetitive their abilities are.

Since you asked, "Asterion" (in the Minotaur's ability) was the Greek name for the minotaur in the labyrinth, so it's a mythology reference. And Gorkra was a lot of fun when we tried him out.

And I like the Ice Troll synergy for the Archon. Otherwise, I'll probably never field them. Most of my customs are specifically designed to encourage me to draft things I never take out of the box. The Ice Troll is one of these.

Now then...
Today I have a D&D repaint/mod to put up. The figure is the Abyssal Eviscerator:
http://www.vesivus.com/eBay/dndminis...viscerator.jpg
But I have cut off the ugly extra arms, given him a loincloth made from a slice of Empress Kiova's dress and a rock made from (wait for it.....) part of the head of a Venoc Viper. He has now been repainted as the Sahuagin Brute:
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/c...g?t=1297803303
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/c...g?t=1297803450
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/c...g?t=1297803518
Sorry the third picture is a mess, but you get the idea. I'm still working on my photography skills.

I have a pretty good idea of what his card will look like, so I'll see if I can get the card up a little later. In the meantime, enjoy, and there's more where this came from. I took pictures of 6 new mods today.

~Spite

EDIT: CARD!

flameslayer93 February 16th, 2011 07:25 PM

Re: Spite's Customs - New Mod/Card -Sahuagin Brute

An interesting card, so he pretty much is a end game unit I guess? If nothing else, Fishstick's big bro is cool.