Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Confred August 31st, 2017 07:00 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 2160778)
With Ice Fortress and 6 defense, I'm a little concerned that Elsa will be near impossible to wound.

Which is why I was thinking Life 2

McHotcakes September 1st, 2017 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2160941)
Quote:

With Ice Fortress and 6 defense, I'm a little concerned that Elsa will be near impossible to wound.

JC said that Ice Fortress would only use the one shield block against non-adjacent attacks. That would take care of my concerns. I'm fine with her staying at 3 life personally but I could be convinced to drop to 2

Confred September 1st, 2017 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 2160973)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2160941)
Quote:

JC said that Ice Fortress would only use the one shield block against non-adjacent attacks. That would take care of my concerns. I'm fine with her staying at 3 life personally but I could be convinced to drop to 2

2 or 3 works
Depends on what kind of tension we would want to create. With Fortress returning to non-adjacent, 3 makes more sense.

Confred September 2nd, 2017 12:25 AM

I suppose my main intent was to remix the original to spark discussion and new ideas.

JC McMinis September 2nd, 2017 01:28 AM

I think it will work. I'm really busy today but will mull it over and post more on Sunday.

JC McMinis September 4th, 2017 08:26 PM

Ok guys, sorry but Ive been a little busy, just changed jobs and am working 6 days a week. 10 hrs/day. After much thought, I like where @Confred was going with the tile changing thing. However I think we should exted it one more spacem so the only ones who she doesnt get the bonus to attack are the ones at her farthest range. I also like the Dauntless personality.

Updated card and text of powers.
http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/ad3...l68mpgg0zg.jpg

Snow Queen
All snow spaces within 3 spaces of Elsa are considered Heavy Snow and all land spaces within 3 spaces of Elsa that aren't lava are considered snow spaces. All water spaces within 3 spaces of Elsa are considered ice spaces. When moving, Elsa may count Heavy Snow and Slippery Ice as 1 space each. When attacking, if the defending figure is on snow or ice, Elsa may roll 1 additional attack die.

Do You Want To Build A Snowman 11
Instead of taking a turn with Elsa, you may roll the 20-sided die. IF you roll an 11 or higher, you may place one of your previously destroyed snowman figures in an empty space adjacent to Elsa. Any elemental you control with the Ice Cold ability is considered a snowman.

ICE FORTRESS
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a non adjacent figure, if Elsa rolls at least one shield, block all damage. If the attacking figure is within 4 clear sight spaces of Elsa, it cannot move or attack for the duration of the round.

What do you guys think?

Zetsubo September 4th, 2017 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2161309)
Ok guys, sorry but Ive been a little busy, just changed jobs and am working 6 days a week. 10 hrs/day. After much thought, I like where @Confred was going with the tile changing thing. However I think we should exted it one more spacem so the only ones who she doesnt get the bonus to attack are the ones at her farthest range. I also like the Dauntless personality.

What do you guys think?

She's looking really great. I'm still not sold on dauntless, but I don't have anything better.

There may be a problem with bringing back a unique snowman hero that could be overpowered, but nothing official so maybe it shouldn't be something we worry about.

Otherwise I'm set on how she is

JC McMinis September 4th, 2017 09:59 PM

Well considering there are no unique hero snowmen at this point, it doesn't really matter.

Confred September 5th, 2017 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2161309)

Snow Queen
All snow spaces within 3 spaces of Elsa are considered Heavy Snow and all land spaces within 3 spaces of Elsa that aren't lava are considered snow spaces. All water spaces within 3 spaces of Elsa are considered ice spaces. When moving, Elsa may count Heavy Snow and Slippery Ice as 1 space each. When attacking, if the defending figure is on snow or ice, Elsa may roll 1 additional attack die.

Instead of taking a turn with Elsa, you may roll the 20-sided die. IF you roll an 11 or higher, you may place one of your previously destroyed snowman figures in an empty space adjacent to Elsa. Any elemental you control with the Ice Cold ability is considered a snowman.

ICE FORTRESS
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a non adjacent figure, if Elsa rolls at least one shield, block all damage. If the attacking figure is within 4 clear sight spaces of Elsa, it cannot move or attack for the duration of the round.

What do you guys think?

I like the subtle tie-in of extending the terrain influence and Range.

With Snowmen, I was thinking it may be neat if she could manipulate all snowmen. For example, Player A and B are teammates. A controls Elsa and B controls Olaf. By not restricting it to her own, she may also build her teammates. There is no mind shackling shenanigans. She's simply returning them, which means saving card space by not having to specify hers, teams, enemies - if it's Elemental and Cold. It's a snowman to her.
Regardless, removing wounds language is needed for Greater Ice Elementals alone

Throwing this out there, but would the stun effect of Ice Fortress be better served by removing order markers?

JC McMinis September 6th, 2017 12:02 AM

How about this

Instead of taking a turn with Elsa, you may roll the 20-sided die. IF you roll an 11 or higher, you may any previously destroyed friendly snowman figures in an empty space adjacent to Elsa and remove all wound markers from the chosen snowman's army card. Any elemental with the Ice Cold ability is considered a snowman.

ICE FORTRESS
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a non adjacent figure, if Elsa rolls at least one shield, block all damage. If the attacking figure is within 4 clear sight spaces of Elsa, you may remove an order marker from the attacking figures army card.

Confred September 10th, 2017 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2161392)
How about this

Instead of taking a turn with Elsa, you may roll the 20-sided die. IF you roll an 11 or higher, you may any previously destroyed friendly snowman figures in an empty space adjacent to Elsa and remove all wound markers from the chosen snowman's army card. Any elemental with the Ice Cold ability is considered a snowman.

ICE FORTRESS
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a non adjacent figure, if Elsa rolls at least one shield, block all damage. If the attacking figure is within 4 clear sight spaces of Elsa, you may remove an order marker from the attacking figures army card.

that version of snowman is chock full of errors :P

Something feels off about that version of Ice Fortress, so perhaps not with the order marker removal.

Sir Yeshua September 11th, 2017 12:59 PM

What about...
Quote:

ICE FORTRESS
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a non adjacent figure, if Elsa rolls at least one shield, block all damage. If the attacking figure is within 4 clear sight spaces of Elsa, their turn immediately ends.
This solves the wonky balance of removing OMs, (mainly the idea of freezing them for turn 3 while they can still move on turn 2) and forces squads to choose their attacks carefully.

I'm liking the way you guys are going with this! :D