Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   AotV Customs (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   Pod 2 Main Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=57227)

Captain Stupendous May 11th, 2020 05:00 PM

Units used in this pod:

Sorin of the Eternal Thirst
Nahiri, Fury in Stone
Kiora, the Rising Tide
Rhox Veterans

Designers:

@Zetsubo @Alexandros @Skinderella @NecroBlade @Astroking112

Pod Leaders:

@flameslayer93
Me @Captain Stupendous

Owlman May 11th, 2020 08:08 PM

Re: Pod 2 Main Thread

Finally!! Super stoked to bounce idea's around!! :D

So how ya wanna do this fellas? I took the liberty of designing several cards, should I just go ahead and post some in their respective threads?

Confred May 11th, 2020 10:22 PM

So these won't be conversions but whole new figures with only the sculpts remaining the same?

Owlman May 11th, 2020 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2381949)
So these won't be conversions but whole new figures with only the sculpts remaining the same?

Actually, I'm fairly certain we can make the figures anything we want 'em to be, so long as there is a general consensus...? (Correct me if I'm wrong)

I had a cool idea for Nahiri that lets her place 2 rock/sand tiles on the map, kinda like Mika Connour, which happens to coincide with her character bio in Magic.

Just a thought! :)

Astroking112 May 11th, 2020 10:37 PM

Quote:

Yes, the goal of the project is to create another classic-style Master Set, not to convert the existing Magic the Gathering units into HeroScape designs.

Like Owlman said, you're technically able to make them into Magic the Gathering characters anyway if you want, but that'd need some good justification for why this Jace Beleren is Jace Beleren and this other Jace Beleren is a cyberpunk neuromancer, for example.

Of course, you can always take inspiration from the AotP mechanics if it fits the design vision, regardless of whether you're basing the theme off of Magic the Gathering or not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owlman (Post 2381950)
I had a cool idea for Nahiri that lets her place 2 rock/sand tiles on the map, kinda like Mika Connour, which happens to coincide with her character bio in Magic.

Placing terrain has been discussed for a couple of units. It's a really neat idea, but we are trying to keep the entire set playable with just our rulebook, some printed cards, and the three Arena of the Planeswalker boxes.

Unfortunately, that means that pretty much anything that places classic HeroScape terrain is going to be a very tough sell, since none of it is included in the set.

Owlman May 11th, 2020 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astroking112 (Post 2381953)
Quote:

Yes, the goal of the project is to create another classic-style Master Set, not to convert the existing Magic the Gathering units into HeroScape designs.

Like Owlman said, you're technically able to make them into Magic the Gathering characters anyway if you want, but that'd need some good justification for why this Jace Beleren is Jace Beleren and this other Jace Beleren is a cyberpunk neuromancer, for example.

Of course, you can always take inspiration from the AotP mechanics if it fits the design vision, regardless of whether you're basing the theme off of Magic the Gathering or not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owlman (Post 2381950)

Placing terrain has been discussed for a couple of units. It's a really neat idea, but we are trying to keep the entire set playable with just our rulebook, some printed cards, and the three Arena of the Planeswalker boxes.

Unfortunately, that means that pretty much anything that places classic HeroScape terrain is going to be a very tough sell, since none of it is included in the set.

Gotcha, so what if we limited it to those beige sand tiles then, since they come with the box anyways? I mean, it looks like sand tiles anyways...?

Confred May 12th, 2020 12:30 AM

Nahiri sculpt has a cool red sword. We should run with that.

flameslayer93 May 12th, 2020 12:35 AM

Trust me, we need every ounce of plastic to make scenarios that at least seem fun. ;)

Astroking112 May 12th, 2020 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owlman (Post 2381954)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Astroking112 (Post 2381953)

Gotcha, so what if we limited it to those beige sand tiles then, since they come with the box anyways? I mean, it looks like sand tiles anyways...?

flameslayer hit the nail on the head there. Letting Nahiri place up to 2 tiles of sandstone (or whatever we call the AotP hexes) means that we'd have to hold back 2 tiles when building each scenario, so that she can be used in any of them.

That's not a non-starter (especially if it leads to a particularly fun design that doesn't work without it), but it is something that's very important to keep in mind when designing anything that places terrain.

flameslayer93 May 12th, 2020 08:00 AM

Kiora and Rhox Veterans have been posted. :)

NecroBlade May 12th, 2020 07:52 PM

:excited:

Pumpkin_King July 30th, 2020 05:10 PM

I added links to Kiora and the Sentinels.