Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Other Customization & HS Additions (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   WinonaVampire's Mods/Repaints*UPDATED*8/18/11 Ornak Added! (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=33967)

winonavampire December 14th, 2010 09:43 PM

WinonaVampire's Mods/Repaints*UPDATED*8/18/11 Ornak Added!

I will be posting my Modifications and Repaints here.

Armoc Vipers 12/14/10
Spoiler Alert!

12/23/10
Although I don't have anything new to upload (working on about 6 different projects at once right now) I do have a discussion point, and although not strictly modification, is still relevant to the topic, and, as this is my thread, I can talk about what I want ;)

Question is: Did you superglue your dragon's wings on to the dragon?

All my dragons with detachable wings have been super glued. Mimring was getting so bad falling apart (a long time ago mind you) that I finally superglued his wings to him. While I was at, I just superglued the rest (even Sojua's wings). I have all my large figures sitting out on display, so storage isn't an issue. I was just curious what everyone else did.

Samuel Brown 8/2/11
Spoiler Alert!

8/2/11
Now, a bit more about the other project(s) I was working on. Since I play HeroScape as a hobby, I don't ever intend on dropping huge bucks for figures. (Hence the Armoc mods above). That also means since I opted for the Tundra vs Flag Bearers many years ago (TRU had shelves and shelves of both...) I doubt I will ever aquire any of the FlagBearers, so I decided to repaint/mod exisiting D&D/Scape/Clix into my rendition of the Flag Bearers.

Well, I have finally finished them all and would like to post them here. However, and this is where you guys come in, I would like to know which one you want to see first. Although, I didn't do a tutorial on each, I will explain my process and post pics (if I can find them) of the original piece(s) so you can see where it started and how it ended up.

So, which Flag Bearer would you like to see first?

Ornak
Acolarh
Hatamoto Taro
Laglor
Sir Gilbert

Let me know what you think of Brown and vote for the next mod review!

Acolarh 8/6/11
Spoiler Alert!

Laglor 8/14/11
Spoiler Alert!

Ornak 8/19/11
Spoiler Alert!

LordEsenwienIV December 14th, 2010 09:47 PM

Re: WinonaVampire's Custom Mods/Repaints

That's awesome +rep for you!

Fen_Hydra December 14th, 2010 09:49 PM

Re: WinonaVampire's Custom Mods/Repaints

Cool! :thumbsup:

Very nice overall look.

The Deadliest Warrior December 14th, 2010 11:17 PM

Re: WinonaVampire's Mods/Repaints

I like the way it turned out. +rep

The B.I.V. December 16th, 2010 11:52 AM

I thought Armocs were 3/4s? :confused: I think you mixed up the stats with the Venocs...

Edit: Nice job on the figs, though.

winonavampire December 16th, 2010 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The B.I.V. (Post 1293591)
I thought Armocs were 3/4s? :confused: I think you mixed up the stats with the Venocs...

Edit: Nice job on the figs, though.

I used the Armoc Card from the Books.

http://www.heroscapers.com/oldgaller...rmocVipers.jpg

The only thing I changed was the graphics on the right side. Also, Venoc are A3/D0. They would be insane with a D3! :shock:

Thanks for checking though. I am defiantly capable of making that sort of mistake!

I have some more mods/customizations in works right now. I am still waiting for some Bits to come in the mail, but I have most of the modding done, and now am just adding various coats of paint.

For all the modders out there, I used a glossy sealant on the Armocs and that didn't leave me very happy. They are SUPER shiny. Would you recommend a Matte or a Semi Gloss (do they even make semi gloss sealant?)

Thanks!

.68 December 17th, 2010 01:55 PM

"Satin" AKA "Matte" finish is good in my opinion.

winonavampire December 17th, 2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .68 (Post 1294709)
"Satin" AKA "Matte" finish is good in my opinion.

Cool, thanks.

Any ideas if I spray Matte over the gloss if that will tone down the shine?

winonavampire December 23rd, 2010 01:45 AM

12/23/10
Although I don't have anything new to upload (working on about 6 different projects at once right now) I do have a discussion point, and although not strictly modification, is still relevant to the topic, and, as this is my thread, I can talk about what I want ;)

Question is: Did you superglue your dragon's wings on to the dragon?

All my dragons with detachable wings have been super glued. Mimring was getting so bad falling apart (a long time ago mind you) that I finally superglued his wings to him. While I was at, I just superglued the rest (even Sojua's wings). I have all my large figures sitting out on display, so storage isn't an issue. I was just curious what everyone else did.

PS: Hope to have a new mod/repaint up next week...

The B.I.V. December 23rd, 2010 12:26 PM

I'd consider glueing my dragons' wings if they were falling apart, but so far I haven't had that issue, so I just leave them as is and re-snap them from time to time....I see glueing as kind of a last resort....

Brandon

winonavampire August 2nd, 2011 02:49 PM

Re: WinonaVampire's Mods/Repaints *UPDATED* 8/2/11

This thread has finally been updated! Please see the first post and all that 8/2/11 has to offer.

I have my Samuel Brown repaint up and also a discussion on what I have finished up and what everyone wants to see next.

Like I said, let me know what Flag Bearer you want to see and any discussion on Brown!

Thanks for looking!

`WV`

Kaemon Awa 123 August 2nd, 2011 07:48 PM

Re: WinonaVampire's Mods/Repaints *UPDATED* 8/2/11

Acolarh for sure. I'm most intrested in seeing how you made him.