Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Puck (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=52346)

Tornado October 15th, 2015 04:10 PM

The Book of Puck

The Book of Puck

C3G MARVEL SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 54
X-FORCE

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...Puck_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/..._Puck_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Mutant Mayhem set.
Its model number and name are #025-027 / Puck.

Born in the early 1900's, Eugene Milton Judd, or just "Judd" to his friends, was a soldier of fortune who traveled the world, having adventures. On one of these early adventures, he attempted to attain the 'Black Blade of Raazer", a mystical blade which, unbeknownst to Judd, contained the spirit of an evil being named Raazer. Upon accidentally releasing Raazer, Judd found the only way to defeat him was to absorb the spirit of Raazer into his body. This had the effect of changing the seven-foot Judd into a 3'6" dwarf, although he retained the full strength and agility of the formerly giant bullfighter and athlete; the demon's presence also stopped him from aging. Containing the evil being also caused Judd great pain on a constant basis.

Puck has enhanced agility, strength and invulnerability. He has the density of compressed rubber, and can withstand bullets, explosions and high impacts with little effect. He uses his short stature and agility to his advantage, being able to use his body as a weapon, and cartwheeling through opponents.
(ComicVine)

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • Tiny, large, and huge figures are not affected by Puck's Bouncing Puck special power. Current Tiny, large, and huge figures.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Tornado October 15th, 2015 04:11 PM

Re: The Book of Puck - Design Phase

NAME = PUCK

SECRET IDENTITY = EUGENE MILTON JUDD

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = OPERATIVE
PERSONALITY = STALWART
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 3

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS= 230

BOUNCING PUCK

When counting spaces for Puck's movement, elevation changes of up to 3 levels count as one space. You may ignore Puck's height of 3 when climbing. Puck may move through all figures and does not take leaving engagement attacks. After moving normally, you may place any small or medium enemy figures Puck moved through on any empty space within one space of their original placement and choose one of those figures. Roll an unblockable attack die against the chosen figure. Figures placed by Bouncing Puck will not take any leaving engagement attacks but will take any falling damage that may apply.

WHIRLWIND ASSAULT
Puck may attack any or all figures adjacent to him. Roll each attack separately.

CARTWHEEL DEFENSE

When Puck rolls defense dice against an opponent's attack, two shields will block all damage. For each shield rolled, you may immediately move Puck one space up to 3 levels up or down.

SUPERSTRENGTH

Tornado October 15th, 2015 04:11 PM

Comic Art
Background Art

johnny139 October 15th, 2015 05:07 PM

I'd still say he doesn't necessarily need Whirlwind Assault (channeling Antoine de Saint-Exupery: "A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."), but overall no real concerns beyond general power level; figure movement, auto-wounds, AND evasion will be potent. I'll leave that to testing, though.

weebaer October 15th, 2015 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 2050026)
I'd still say he doesn't necessarily need Whirlwind Assault (channeling Antoine de Saint-Exupery: "A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."), but overall no real concerns beyond general power level; figure movement, auto-wounds, AND evasion will be potent. I'll leave that to testing, though.

Puck is considered by many in the Marvel universe to rival Wolverine in terms of fighting skills. That has to come into play somehow.

johnny139 October 15th, 2015 05:19 PM

Considering how many people in the Marvel Universe have fought Wolverine, I'm not particularly impressed. :p

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it, but if we gave out Whirlwind Assault or Close Combat Expert to everyone that deserved it, gameplay would end up pretty stale pretty fast. For most designs it's just trinket text, and this one has enough going on that it doesn't need trinkets.

I admit that he's probably a better candidate than most, since he can move units into groups and has lots of bonus movement - I'm not saying "Cut it!," I'm just advising judiciousness in consideration. :D

And that goes for other designs, too; trinket text is an issue I've been mulling over for a while. This was just the first place I had a chance to mention it.

Tornado October 15th, 2015 05:33 PM

I have another version of Whirlwind Assault ready to go if it proves to be too much. Basically it is WA but with the restriction that he cannot move through figures before using it(thus eliminating the auto-wound/WA combo, you must choose one or the other).

I want to wait and see if it is necessary. As weebaer stated and Bats supported during development, WA makes him a potent pod buster which is a very good thing in C3G.

IAmBatman October 15th, 2015 05:59 PM

"Puck may move through all figures and does not take leaving engagement attacks."

That last sentence with the two "and"s is looking rough too, but I don't have the energy right now for it. :-P

Basic power set looks good. I don't mind a two power card either, though.

Tornado October 15th, 2015 06:06 PM

Stop stepping on Sir G's 'Special Eyes'. :)
I will clean that up after the breathing period.

japes October 15th, 2015 09:27 PM

If the synergy list is official we need to change the template.

Viegon October 16th, 2015 09:18 AM

Looks good. From what I know of the character, it seems thematic and looks fun to play. I normally would agree with johnny on cutting back, but I'm okay with letting it slide here due to the fun interplay between Whirlwind Assault and Bouncing Puck.

weebaer October 16th, 2015 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 2050029)
Considering how many people in the Marvel Universe have fought Wolverine, I'm not particularly impressed. :p

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it, but if we gave out Whirlwind Assault or Close Combat Expert to everyone that deserved it, gameplay would end up pretty stale pretty fast. For most designs it's just trinket text, and this one has enough going on that it doesn't need trinkets.

I admit that he's probably a better candidate than most, since he can move units into groups and has lots of bonus movement - I'm not saying "Cut it!," I'm just advising judiciousness in consideration. :D

And that goes for other designs, too; trinket text is an issue I've been mulling over for a while. This was just the first place I had a chance to mention it.

Good points. I see exactly where you are coming from. I do like the power and If it seems too strong, I would like to see his attack moved down to 3 instead of WA being changed. We will see what the playtesters/Tornado would prefer.