Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Volstagg (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=40749)

Griffin April 24th, 2012 12:47 AM

The Book of Volstagg

The Book of Volstagg

C3G MARVEL SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 36
ASGARD'S MIGHT

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...tagg_comic.png

Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...stagg_mini.png

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Hammer of Thor set.
Its model number and name are #059 / Volstagg.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Hammer of Thor: Warriors of Asgard Fast Forces set.
Its model number and name are #003 / Volstagg.

Character Bio - Volstagg is fairly advanced in age for an Asgardian, and it has been alluded to that he was a highly respected and feared warrior in his prime. Volstagg is a huge, bumbling oaf much given to boasting and bragging, the last into battle and the first to claim victory (usually undeserved). Referring to himself as "The Lion of Asgard," he usually causes more problems than he solves and seems totally unaware of the chaos that almost always followed in his wake. Even so, he is considered a trusted and worthy comrade by his closest friends and allies, Fandral the Dashing, Hogun the Grim, and Thor. _________________________________________________________________

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:_________________________________________________________________

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefitsWeaknesses
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Griffin April 24th, 2012 12:48 AM

Re: The Book of Volstagg - Designing

NAME = VOLSTAGG

SPECIES = ASGARDIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = WARRIOR
PERSONALITY = VOLUMINOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 6

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 8
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 330

MEAT AND MEAD
Start the game with 3 orange Meat and Mead Markers on this card. Any time a numbered Order Marker is revealed on any Army Card, you may immediately remove any number of Meat and Mead Markers from this card. For each Meat and Mead Marker removed from this card, remove 2 Wound Markers from this card and add 2 to Volstagg's Move and Defense numbers this turn.

HUNGER PAINS
When Volstagg attacks a figure that is not Tiny, roll one fewer attack die for each Wound Marker on this card.

WARRIORS THREE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and instead of taking a turn with Volstagg, you may either move up to 3 figures you control that have this special power, or you may attack with up to 3 figures you control that have this special power.

SUPER STRENGTH

SirGalahad April 24th, 2012 02:15 AM

Seems odd that he should be a Medium 5 like most everyone else, if he's supposed to be so much more voluminous.

Should the figure information say "Modified Heroclix figure"?

Like the M&M power.

Griffin April 24th, 2012 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1597823)
Seems odd that he should be a Medium 5 like most everyone else, if he's supposed to be so much more voluminous.

You are right, assuming there is a point in that and not just an honest question (Your cryptic points are annoying as crap btw. You are such a teacher/principal. :p) He has a height of 6 and he is as "big" as Juggernaut. Should he be Large? I am leaning toward yes, if for no other reason than because it just adds a level of fun to the game.
Quote:

Should the figure information say "Modified Heroclix figure"?
It isn't modified though... well no more than any other figure that has terrain or other figure's attached to it. I don't want to have to add that to the list of things we need to do to these books, just let each person figure out what to do with their own figures. For me, I cut the orc off of the base and foot, then cut Volstagg off of the base and put both of his feet on a new base so it looks like he is running forward.
Quote:

Like the M&M power.
Thanks. It should compliment the Hunger Pains well, I think, which was a great idea of Tickle's.

Margloth April 24th, 2012 05:56 AM

Large 6 is good for me!

Hahma April 24th, 2012 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margloth (Post 1597841)
Large 6 is good for me!

:word:

Good Pig April 24th, 2012 07:25 AM

The Hulk, Abomination, Wendigo and Blob are all Medium.

Cool design. :)

A3n April 24th, 2012 07:36 AM

Design looks fun. :up:

tcglkn April 24th, 2012 07:37 AM

I'm very happy with this design! :D Medium 6 is all this guy needs to be, he's not bigger than the Hulk.

SirGalahad April 24th, 2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1597827)
Quote:

You are right, assuming there is a point in that and not just an honest question (Your cryptic points are annoying as crap btw. You are such a teacher/principal. :p)

I seem to remember once or twice someone asking seeming rhetorical questions of me to get me to the answer he was looking for. :wink:

Griffin April 24th, 2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1597877)
Quote:

Quote:

You are right, assuming there is a point in that and not just an honest question (Your cryptic points are annoying as crap btw. You are such a teacher/principal. :p)

I seem to remember once or twice someone asking seeming rhetorical questions of me to get me to the answer he was looking for. :wink:

Yeah yeah yeah. :p I am allowed to be annoying though, it's part of my online personality. :neener:

IAmBatman April 24th, 2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Good Pig (Post 1597852)
The Hulk, Abomination, Wendigo and Blob are all Medium.

Cool design. :)

Yeah, sign me up for Medium 6 too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1597907)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1597877)
Quote:

Quote:

Yeah yeah yeah. :p I am allowed to be annoying though, it's part of my online personality. :neener:

Fixed. :-P

I do sort of miss the older version of Meat and Mead. I wish there was a second way you could use the markers, but that'd probably require a fourth power, which I'd be against. So probably better to keep this guy nice and elegant. :-)