Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

mac122 August 30th, 2013 06:21 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Were you using the Gibbering Mouther or the Ochre Jelly for the mid-size blob?

Edit: Hopefully the Ochre Jelly. The Gibbering Mouther is about $18.

JC McMinis August 30th, 2013 11:03 PM

Sorry I haven't been around on this one, been busy with getting kids ready for school starting day after labor day. The build looks good. I personally have never seen the film.

Taeblewalker August 31st, 2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1861254)

Actually, it was the ochre jelly. My mistake.

mac122 August 31st, 2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1861433)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1861254)

Actually, it was the ochre jelly. My mistake.

(wipes brow) Great! Especially since I just received the Ochre Jelly I ordered. :D

I've got all 3 figures - Ravenous Ooze, Ochre Jelly, and the Large Water Elemental. I'll try to get a side by side by side comparison photo up soon.

mac122 November 12th, 2013 02:34 PM

Jeepers, it's been awhile. Here's the long ago promised comparison pic:
http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/a...s.jpg~original
Haven't had time to do any painting - I see these all in a brownish-red color. Wish the Ochre Jelly in the middle was a bit bigger, but these will work. The 2 smaller figures are on standard size DnD bases. The water elemental is on a base pretty close to the size of the Scape large single space figures.

Taeblewalker November 12th, 2013 04:42 PM

I'm happy with them.

McHotcakes November 18th, 2013 02:04 PM

So where are we at with this guy...or blob?

Taeblewalker November 18th, 2013 03:48 PM

I like this version, actually. Any other thoughts?

Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 1853403)
I've been toying around with a few ideas let me know what you guys think.

The Blob (small)
Valkrill

http://media.trollandtoad.com/produc...es/1013459.jpg

Ooze
Unique Hero
Devourer
Mindless
Small 2

Life 1
Move 4
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 6

Potential Threat
When you recruit The Blob (small) into your army you must also recruit The Blob (medium) and The Blob (large) into your army.

Ravenous Growth
Whenever The Blob (small) destroys a figure you may immediately remove this figure from the board and replace it with The Blob (medium).

COLD WEAKNESS
The Blob (small) may not move onto a snow or ice space or adjacent to a Glacial Mountain. If The Blob (small) is attacked with a normal attack by an adjacent attacking figure on a snow or ice space, roll two less defense dice.

The Blob (medium)
Valkrill

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/intheworks_atg4.jpg

Ooze
Unique Hero
Devourer
Mindless
Medium 4

Life 1
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 8

NASCENT THREAT
The Blob (medium) does not start the game on the battlefield. The Blob (medium) can only be place on the battlefield by the effects of The Blob (small)'s Potential Threat.

Ravenous Growth
Whenever The Blob (medium) destroys a figure you may immediately remove this figure from the board and replace it with The Blob (large).

Engulf 15
You may add one to The Blob (medium)'s range if the defending figure's base is no more than 3 higher or lower than The Blob (medium)'s base. If The Blob (medium) wounds an adjacent small or medium figure with its normal attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, destroy the defending figure.

COLD WEAKNESS
The Blob (medium) may not move onto a snow or ice space or adjacent to a Glacial Mountain. If The Blob (medium) is attacked with a normal attack by an adjacent attacking figure on a snow or ice space, roll two less defense dice.

THE BLOB (large)
Valkrill

Ooze
Unique Hero
Devourer
Mindless
Large 4

Life 1
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 10

Realized Threat
The Blob (large) does not start the game on the battlefield. The Blob (large) can only be place on the battlefield by the effects of The Blob (small)'s Nascent Threat.

Engulf 15
You may add one to The Blob's range if the defending figure's base is no more than 3 higher or lower than The Blob(large)'s base. If The Blob (large) wounds an adjacent small or medium figure with its normal attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, destroy the defending figure.

Cold Weakness
The Blob (large) may not move onto a snow or ice space or adjacent to a Glacial Mountain. If The Blob (large) is attacked with a normal attack by an adjacent attacking figure on a snow or ice space, roll two less defense dice.

The Return
At the start of each round, after The Blob (large) has been destroyed, before placing order markers roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, immediately place The Blob (small) on any space in your starting zone.

IshMEL November 18th, 2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1779905)
Spoiler Alert!

So my kids are really getting into Dr Who and I thought they'd really like this custom. I have a clarification question though on "Run". It says "you may move The Doctor and all Unique Heroes within 3 clear sight spaces of The Doctor up to 3 spaces each." Was that meant to include your opponents' Heroes? Ones you control and/or friendlies seems more thematic to the character and the power to me, but maybe this represents the Doctor and friends running away, and some misdirection on his part causing the opponents to run the other way?

Thanks for clearing that up.

(BTW The Blob looks really cool!)

mac122 November 18th, 2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IshMEL (Post 1886402)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1779905)
Spoiler Alert!

So my kids are really getting into Dr Who and I thought they'd really like this custom. I have a clarification question though on "Run". It says "you may move The Doctor and all Unique Heroes within 3 clear sight spaces of The Doctor up to 3 spaces each." Was that meant to include your opponents' Heroes? Ones you control and/or friendlies seems more thematic to the character and the power to me, but maybe this represents the Doctor and friends running away, and some misdirection on his part causing the opponents to run the other way?

Thanks for clearing that up.

(BTW The Blob looks really cool!)

I believe it was intended to only be Unique Heroes you control. Balantai was the lead designer for The Doctor, perhaps he'll chime in to verify. Please post your thoughts on The Doctor after you've had a chance to play him in a game or two.

Balantai November 19th, 2013 03:05 PM

The intent was to just have the Doctor able to move figures you control. We must've missed it.

mac122 November 19th, 2013 03:10 PM

I like where The Blob design is going. IMO, the power texts need some work. Also, even though I pushed for using "The Blob" as the name for all 3, we may need to look at different names for the small and medium size figures to help with the wording.