Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Official Units (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Book of Gladiatrons (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=8594)

dnutt99 May 17th, 2007 02:17 AM

The Book of Gladiatrons

The Book of Gladiatrons
Zanafor's Discovery - Collection 4 - "Soulborgs and Elves"

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: The Gladiatrons come from the flatland region of Alpha Prime. Originally, they were constructed as scouts for their Blastatron counterparts. Since being called to Valhalla, they have evolved into their own deadly killing squad. Beware the approaching Gladiatrons: once engaged, they can focus their energy, allowing their defensive powers to enhance. Their Cyberclaw locks most opponents down, and enemy warriors unlucky enough to be thusly immobilized can do little more than pray for a miracle to survive the attack. (Hasbro)
    No. Cyberclaw only affects figures that are engaged to a Gladiatron. Once any opponent's figures enter a space adjacent to a Gladiatron, they cannot move. That includes movements around the Gladiatron while still staying engaged. However, the Gladiatrons can leave the engagement if they choose to. On a side note; if 2 opposing sides both have figures with Cyberclaw, they would lock each other down. (Hasbro FAQ)

- CYBERCLAW : Units With Disengage and Ghost Walk
    Is a character with Ghost Walk or Disengage also affected by Cyberclaw?
    Yes. As soon as they pass onto a space adjacent to a Gladiatron, they are locked into the engagement. No special power on an army card or glyph can get them out of the engagement. (Hasbro FAQ)

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - BLASTATRONS : Gladiatron Movement Bonding
    As Gladiatrons, the Gladiatrons may benefit from Blastatrons’ GLADIATRON MOVEMENT BONDING synergy.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - BLASTATRONS : Homing Device
    * Being Soulborgs that follow Vydar, Gladiatrons may aid Blastatrons with their HOMING DEVICE attack bonus.

- SACRED BAND : Disciplined Army Defense Bonus
  • * Having a Disciplined personality, Gladiatrons may aid the Sacred Band with their DISCIPLINED ARMY DEFENSE BONUS.
    *NOTE: See The Book of Sacred Band for proper application.
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Power Rankings

Jexik: Gladiatrons- Highly mobile and potential for crazy-high attacks help the G-Trons compete with the best. A

OEAO: A

Cleon: Tier 9 (26/208)

dok (VC inclusive): A

Master Index
Quote:

Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Gladiatrons
Why not GLADIATORS? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=2581
General Discussion…and Pretty Pictures. http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=1008

Unit Strategy Review
  • - TBA

jcb231 June 3rd, 2007 09:07 PM

Few synergies and bonding? Maybe....but what they have is pretty darned hot. If you draft them with the Blastatrons, you will probably never have to put an order marker on them, and they'll boost all your attacks. That's pretty sweet.

Cleon June 5th, 2007 03:01 PM

Oh! I totally forgot about the movement bonding. I guess I thought they were not good because I can never build a good enough army to win and that they're hunters. Forget about what I said earlier.

They are a great 4-squad with the bastatrons! And they're cool/great sculpts.

DingoDarkly June 6th, 2007 05:59 AM

These guys are great with the Blastatrons! Use the Gladiatron movement bonding first and surround your enemy with them then attack with the Blastatrons! If you get all 4 around the same figure you get 5 attack, it's even better if your Blastatrons have height advantage or 2 squads of Gladiatrons!
These guys Cyberclaw is great for holding a target in place!

LilMoochie June 6th, 2007 10:53 PM

So Raelin and her kyrie ilk can fly over figures without becoming engaged, but can she fly over gladiotrons without becoming cyberclawed? I'm inclined to say no because the card says, "enter or occupy a space" but I can also see the other argument.

I Am The Game!!! June 6th, 2007 11:09 PM

I Think Flying Over To Not Become Clawed Is Legal....Of Course That Is What I Think :D :D :D [I Have No Gladiatrons :( :( :( ]

rdhight June 6th, 2007 11:12 PM

The gladiatron must be engaged to claw you. As long as you fly over without touching down in any of the spaces adjacent to a gladiatron, you keep out of engagement and avoid The Claw.

LilMoochie June 7th, 2007 09:45 AM

But the card says "enter or occupy a space" and not engagement. While Raelin does not get engaged when she flys, she does enter a space. Since Ghost walk is negated, I can see why flying would be negated. Other cards (Nakitas) also make special mention of engagement. The gladiatron, in effect, could grab the figure out of the air with the cyberclaw-tractor beam thing.
In any case, it makes a BIG strategic difference if gladiatrons can halt the movement of flying units. I can't find anything in Hasbro or our FAQs.

ASmiles June 7th, 2007 10:06 AM

From a personal email with Rob Daviau, Feb '06:

Quote:

Flyers do not become adjacent when passing over a figure and, therefore, are not affected by the cyberclaw.

netherspirit June 7th, 2007 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASmiles
From a personal email with Rob Daviau, Feb '06:

Quote:

Flyers do not become adjacent when passing over a figure and, therefore, are not affected by the cyberclaw.

To that end, flying figures don't actually enter or occupy any spaces during their move except their starting and ending spaces (assuming they are flying for their entire move).

rdhight July 11th, 2007 04:47 AM

Can you choose to release an enemy figure from the cyberclaw?

Will T July 11th, 2007 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdhight
Can you choose to release an enemy figure from the cyberclaw?

Quote:

Originally Posted by this thread's first post
Are the Gladiatrons also stuck in the engagement because of Cyberclaw?
No. Cyberclaw only affects figures that are engaged to a Gladiatron. Once any opponent's figures enter a space
adjacent to a Gladiatron, they cannot move. That includes movements around the Gladiatron while still
staying engaged. However, the Gladiatrons can leave the engagement if they choose to. On a side note; if 2
opposing sides both have figures with Cyberclaw, they would lock each other down. (Hasbro FAQ)

This seems to indicate that the Gladiatrons can voluntarily release the cyberclaw.