Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Custom Units & Army Cards (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Barracks Voting & Discussion: Wolverine. Voting Closed. (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=4455)

justjohn December 1st, 2006 12:38 PM

Barracks Voting & Discussion: Wolverine. Voting Closed.

Doc_Savage's Wolverine:
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f6...olverineV4.jpg

Figure used: Wolverine of some variety/rarity (there are a couple different versions) from Heroclix.

Vote Away!! Voting ends 12/05.

You can find existing disussion on Wolverine, as well as Doc's other work, here.

Anyone can nominate a custom for the Barracks here.

NecroBlade December 1st, 2006 01:15 PM

Awesome. As I said in the other thread, I like this card, especially using the X marker with Weapon X. Definitely a yes from me.

InfinityMax December 1st, 2006 01:26 PM

I love it! I don't even like supers customs, and I would probably play with this one.

Hex_Enduction_Hour December 1st, 2006 01:35 PM

So Doc, a player has to give up his X marker at the beginning of a round in order to heal Wolverine?
I think that's genius!!!
I thought Logan might need to cost more, but dang, tthe more I look at those abilities, he may just be perfect.
At the most, 110 points?

Btw, I like you used the un-costumed Wolverine.
And for some reason, I think he would be Vydar.

Great stuff!! I totally want to play this custom!

Karkadinn December 1st, 2006 01:35 PM

Meh, we've had enough reasonably done Wolverine customs that this one really doesn't stick out for me in any way whatsoever. OTOH, it doesn't seem like it has any real problems with it, either, so it'll be getting a yea from me.
Interesting that Doc chose to race him as a human and not a mutant... Wolverine being such a loner type, I have a hard time picturing him being bonded to by the knights or Scots. ;)

Hex_Enduction_Hour December 1st, 2006 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karkadinn
Meh, we've had enough reasonably done Wolverine customs that this one really doesn't stick out for me in any way whatsoever.

Well, I'm still waiting for a decent Ghost Rider custom.

Karkadinn December 1st, 2006 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
Quote:

Meh, we've had enough reasonably done Wolverine customs that this one really doesn't stick out for me in any way whatsoever.

There's been at least one done... back on HSnet, I think....

Miniature Geek December 1st, 2006 02:33 PM

I like it, simple and to the point.

jcb231 December 1st, 2006 03:12 PM

Very nice.

Your second power should say "Snikt special attack" in the text, for official consistancy.

I'd also reword the first power to say something along the lines of "remove up to two markers"

Good card though. Very good.

Doc_Savage December 1st, 2006 05:56 PM

Quote:

How did you know that I just got a clix Ghost Rider to do a custom on?

Hex_Enduction_Hour December 1st, 2006 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc_Savage
Quote:

How did you know that I just got a clix Ghost Rider to do a custom on?

Btw, is there more than one?
I've got the one with the flame tires, chain in the air, doing a wheelie.
Any chance he'll be able to ride up castle walls? That would be sweet.

Doc_Savage December 1st, 2006 06:25 PM

The exact figure I used is the Free Comicbook Day Heroclix giveaway figure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfinityMax
I love it! I don't even like supers customs, and I would probably play with this one.

I picked the figure specifically because he is in his street clothes… That and my family got three of them on Freee Comic Day.

Quote:

And for some reason, I think he would be Vydar.

Given wolvie’s anti-authority bent I picked Ullar…

Quote:

Interesting that Doc chose to race him as a human and not a mutant... Wolverine being such a loner type, I have a hard time picturing him being bonded to by the knights or Scots. ;)

I was mostly going for making him not too super-hero-ish… And I didn’t think of using Mutant or, uh HeH – what do they call the Mutants – Homo Superiorus?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcb231
Your second power should say "Snikt special attack" in the text, for official consistancy.

I'd also reword the first power to say something along the lines of "remove up to two markers"

I was just keeping it simple in the Snikt special and specific in the “1 or 2”, which is slightly more concise than “up to 2.”

Quote:

Btw, is there more than one Ghost Rider Clix?
I've got the one with the flame tires, chain in the air, doing a wheelie.
Any chance he'll be able to ride up castle walls? That would be sweet.

There are 2. I have the old-school one with the regular bike with no farings and no chain, not the one with the futuristic look to it…

Have you seen the Ghost Rider movie trailer? Yeah, he’ll go up the castle walls…

As usual with me, the points... Is he priced OK?