Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Clayface (Preston Payne) (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=47780)

quozl February 20th, 2013 03:54 PM

Re: The book of Clayface (Preston Payne) ~~ Design Phase

I like that!

IAmBatman February 20th, 2013 05:13 PM

Liking this direction for sure!

A couple of helpful snippets from wikipedia:

"Payne builds an exoskeleton anti-melting suit to prevent himself from touching anyone, but he learns that he needs to spread his melting contagion onto others to survive (he feels pain if he doesn't melt anyone). During this time his mental health starts to slip as he falls in love with a wax mannequin he names "Helena", thinking she is the only woman immune to his touch."

"Preston Payne originally had shape-shifting powers, yet ended up gaining the ability to melt people with his touch. He has super-strength from his exo-skeleton anti-melting suit. Preston's shape-shifting ability was later restored by Prometheus."

Lord Pyre February 20th, 2013 05:32 PM

Sounds like superstrength is a yes. He's wearing the suit here, so no shapeshifting. He's insane. I think we're about covered. :up:

A3n February 20th, 2013 05:35 PM

I like the direction here :up:.

IAmBatman February 20th, 2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Pyre (Post 1768061)
Sounds like superstrength is a yes. He's wearing the suit here, so no shapeshifting. He's insane. I think we're about covered. :up:

Yep. I posted that mostly for the SS and to confirm some other things we'd discussed. :-)

Lord Pyre February 20th, 2013 05:43 PM

Cool, I'll update when the time is up! :)

I wanted a nice easy to figure out design after my last two. :lol:

IAmBatman February 20th, 2013 05:44 PM

:lol: Understandable.

Hahma February 20th, 2013 09:19 PM

Have no idea who this guy is, but he seems interesting and it seems like the direction has been hammered out.

Lord Pyre February 21st, 2013 06:30 PM

Updated and sent to ERB!

IAmBatman February 21st, 2013 06:42 PM

Looks good! :up:

Lord Pyre February 21st, 2013 06:54 PM

There's actually like seven Clayfaces. :razz:

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidlhsl
Clayface

You mean there's another Clayface? Oh, cool!

Toxic Touch
"opponent's adjacent figure" would read more smoothly than "adjacent opponent's figure"

Very nice, especially when you bundle it with free HBO and...

Unstable Body
First you have Ventriloquist take damage from You Dummy, and here you're dealing wounds to poor Clayface! You're really mean to your own designs! :lol: (Sidebar: Ventriloquist is incredibly fun to play.)

Final Thoughts
Nice design, and he seems to be someone you want to really commit to giving turns to in order to try to heal as an offset to Unstable Body. Being insane, there are bonding possibilities, or does that idea seem (Hugo) Strange?

Lord Pyre February 21st, 2013 11:15 PM

From Margloth! I'm not all that against dropping the taking turn part, just would make him more of a shark. :shrug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margloth
Has SirG approved the verbiage of the first power? :razz: Have we used "deals a wound" instead of "inflicts a wound" yet? Also, it seems weird that he just rolls and against the spread, and then inflicts a wound, instead of choosing a figure first and then rolling against that figure. Not that it would really matter, as it would have no effect, but technically now he could use the power even if he is not adjacent to anyone.

On the second power, I might just drop the having taken a turn requirement, as I don't really understand that part. You're going for a containment suit approach, right? Would his body not be affected if his suit was ripped but he was not moving? If you're just trying to protect the figure, I'd say this guy could be pretty cheap and probably doesn't need the protection, especially with his healing ability. He's only going to take, at max, a wound per round from the power, and with 5 lives and a good chance of healing 2 times per round, I'd say he has plenty of survivability for a minor character.

Anyway, don't let my pickiness sound like I don't like the design, because I actually love it. He looks like another fun, kooky member of the Insane-o faction!