Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of C3G Destructible Object Rules (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55039)

Yodaking August 7th, 2019 08:55 PM

Re: Draftable Vehicles - Public Playtesting

Maybe charge a set number of move to switch seats, so you can change seats at any time you just have to slow down a little and don't move as far as a result.

IAmBatman August 7th, 2019 09:17 PM

What about engagement and all that? Should characters be attacking/engaging/in clear sight of each other if they're both in the vehicle?

I feel like we established this in the rules somewhere. I need to reread.

IAmBatman August 7th, 2019 09:18 PM

There it is!

Quote:

Figures inside a Vehicle that is Large or smaller are considered adjacent to each other and the Vehicle itself, but are never considered adjacent to or engaged with figures outside of the Vehicle.
So if figures in Vehicles of that size want to move to the Driver's seat, it should just be empty and cost them 1 movement space. Makes sense.

And Huge Vehicles can be their own thing with their own map that we can handle later.

IAmBatman August 7th, 2019 09:28 PM

Updated the link in the OP with this:

Quote:

Any time a Player could move a figure that is occupying a Large or smaller Vehicle one space or more, they may choose to move that figure to any other empty space inside that Vehicle. Since all spaces inside a Vehicle of this size are considered to be within one space of each other, figures moved this way will not take leaving engagement attacks.

Yodaking August 7th, 2019 09:43 PM

Remind me of why we decided to designate a driver. I know it was for a good reason but I don't recall what it was. Knowing why a driver designation matters might help better understand how switching drivers could be impacted.

IAmBatman August 7th, 2019 09:46 PM

Well it's thematic, for one. Having a four passenger car that any passenger can drive on their turn is really weird thematically.

Mechanically, it does two things:

1. It doesn't let you double/triple/etc. up on driving activations, like with Invisible Woman and Mister Fantastic together in the car or something.
2. If figures from more than one Player's Army occupy the car, the Driver's space establishes who has control of the vehicle.

Yodaking August 7th, 2019 10:18 PM

I guess that is what I was getting at. If Reed reveals an OM and rolls a 20 with the whole Fan4 in the car, did we just allow Ben to drive, then Johnny to jump into the drivers seat and drive, then Sue switches in and drives, and finally Reed moves into the drivers seat and drive a 4th time all in one turn. I agree you should be able to switch seats without leaving and reentering the car like a Chinese fire drill, but perhaps doing so should require your full move then so you can switch seats or drive the car but not both.

IAmBatman August 7th, 2019 10:20 PM

The driver's seat has to be empty to move into it per what I wrote (which makes sense - how can you move into an occupied space?). A figure has to give up their movement to drive. I'm not sure if we have any figures that have the right combination of turn bonding and other figure movement make a double driving turn happen. If they do, I might just give it to them. :lol:

Are there any Mutants that throw a figure before moving or that can throw multiple figures including themselves? That's the level of thing we'd need for that to trigger so far as I can tell.

Yodaking August 7th, 2019 10:27 PM

I still had it in my head we were talking about the smokey and the bandit switch while driving move. If you can only move into an empty drivers seat, then just as long as someone does drive then jump out of the car we should be good. Only figures I can think of are Flash and Supergirl can get a bonus second move, I'm okay with them driving then jumping out as it's just a power on their card being used.

IAmBatman August 7th, 2019 10:35 PM

Ah, OK, I got it. Professor X's Order Marker. Jean Grey can drive the car, Telekinesis herself outside of the car/to another seat, then Cyclops can move over. Of course, he just used his move, so he can't drive it.

Yeah not too worried.

MrNobody August 7th, 2019 10:46 PM

How to do a Chinese Fire Drill, Summers family style.

IAmBatman August 7th, 2019 10:59 PM

Swap Cyclops for Magneto and you can toss Jean back into the passenger seat. You are losing a lot of utility, though.