Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Dysole August 14th, 2015 12:55 AM

Hmm

I'll ponder this more and try to have something tomorrow.

~Dysole, glad this is a collaborative effort

Confred August 14th, 2015 01:11 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Agreed
I'm stuck doing third shift double so I have all night :P

I also don't see him as the mad inventor cranking out swarms of inventions
Such a character could work like AotP Planeswalkers and summon inventions to the battlefield, but again I'm not convinced Doofenschmirtz is that guy.

I'm pretty sure the invention will be on his card as a special power with no peripheral needed. And the disabling of the device will be represented using a 20-sided die.

Cavalier August 14th, 2015 09:35 AM

I'm in agreement with Confred here. And I like his Tri-Area Doominator idea from a previous post. It could also easily be called Behold My Latest Invention. Here is a thought I had for Doof:

NEMISIS
At the beginning of the game choose an opponent's Unique hero to be Dr. Doofenschmirtz’s Nemesis. If an opponent controls Agent P, then Agent P must be the chosen Nemesis. When Dr. Doofenschmirtz is adjacent to /within x spaces of/ his Nemisis, subtract 2 from all 20-Sided die rolls for Dr. Doofenschmirtz. *

I WAS EXPECTING YOU
If an opponent’s small or medium figure /Agent/ moves adjacent to Dr. Doofenschmirtz, that opponent must roll the 20-Sided die. If they roll a 13 or lower, that figure’s turn ends. *

TRI-AREA DOOMINATOR SPECIAL ATTACK /BEHOLD MY LATEST INVENTION SPECIAL ATTACK/
Range 3 + Special. Attack 3.
Choose a space within 3 spaces of Dr. Doofenschmirtz. All Figures within 3 spaces of the chosen space are affected by Tri-Area Doominator Special Attack, including Dr. Doofenschmirtz. Roll 3 attack dice once for all affected figures. Affected figures roll defense separately. After Rolling attack dice for Tri-Area Doominator Special Attack, but before defense dice are rolled, roll the 20-Sided Die. If you roll a 5 or lower, only Dr. Doofenschmirtz is affected by the attack. *

*This gives you the Agent P/Perry foils Doof's plans aspect.

*This is the Doof captures Perry schtick

* And this is your Inator with a chance to make a big KABOOM, but also likely to just backfire on Doof (especially when combined with NEMISIS.

:2cents:

mac122 August 14th, 2015 12:10 PM

Should be Tri-State Area

Cavalier August 14th, 2015 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 2038957)
Should be Tri-State Area

Nah, just Tri-Area, because he is affecting 3 spaces ;)
Not an exact port, just a riff on a theme :D

TREX August 14th, 2015 12:26 PM

looks good guys, I'm not nearly as familiar with this character as some of the more recent ones.

Confred August 14th, 2015 01:28 PM

I was the original poster of "Tri-Area" and I admit I got it wrong. TRI-STATE DOOMINATOR
I could go either way though, because Tri-Area works in its own way and throws back in its own way.

I'm not sure if it should be a repeatable power. I think once his attempt is foiled, he wouldn't make other attempts for the episode, he would skulk off.
One-of may possibly keep his points down as I see this guy being a cheap figure.
If I am correct about him being a decoy, he shouldn't take away from the main army by costing a lot. I'm thinking 60 Points.

Taeblewalker August 14th, 2015 02:47 PM

I like the idea of making it a one-time use. Perhaps the attack number should be increased to 5 in that case.

BTW @Cavalier do you want to get in on the rotation and design your own HoF?

Confred August 15th, 2015 01:00 AM

I woke up thinking on two points:
1) One Time Use: I dreamt of Wile E. Coyote. In a way the two characters are similar. They both mail order technological weaponry that ultimately fails them. The difference is that Wile fails attempt after attempt in one episode. Comparing the two, Doofenschmirtz clearly only does it once per episode.
2) Retaliation: In my original draft, the DOOMINATOR was not a special attack.
The detail I forgot until now is that in my original draft, the DOOMINATOR was activated instead of moving. This is a subtle detail and the focus of this note. It takes a whole turn to get into position to use his Latest Invention, because if he moves he cannot use a power instead of moving because he moved. This gives the opponent a turn to retaliate, get adjacent and foil his plan.
Note: I'm fine if it remains a special attack, Latest Invention Special Attack? But I'd like "Instead of moving and attacking normally" or some such verbiage

McHotcakes August 16th, 2015 10:54 AM

Tri-state doominator special attack
Instead of taking a normal turn with Dr. Doofenschmirtz you may use his Tri-state Doominator Special Attack. Choose any space within 3 spaces of Doofenschmirtz. All figures within 3 spaces of the choosen space are effected by Tri-state Doominator Special Attack, including Doofenschmirtz. Roll attack dice one for all effected figures. After rolling attack dice but before rolling defense dice you must roll the 20 sided die. If Doofenschmirtz's Nemesis is within 3 clear sight spaces of Doofenschmirtz subtract 5 from the roll. On a roll of 4 or less only Doofenschmirtz is effected and only Doofenschmirtz must roll defense dice. This attack can only be used once per game.

Confred August 16th, 2015 10:10 PM

I see only a few tweaks, but even after those it seems long/lots of words. I'll see what I can do when I get home/tomorrow.

Wife wants to adventure tomorrow so I might not get in computer time as I had anticipated.

McHotcakes August 17th, 2015 11:58 AM

After thinking about it a little do we really want Doofenschmirtz to always be effected by the Tri-state Doominator? It's not like h plans for his inventions to backfire, they just sort of do.