Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

CJofCourse June 22nd, 2016 06:16 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry allen (Post 2097413)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2097394)
That's 3 votes. @McHotcakes you are next. How exciting! It is your turn to decide who or what from fiction we will bring to the workshop floor.

So, can we pick characters from Arthurian legends?

I believe we can Barry, there isn't a group that is currently making it their main priority.

JC McMinis June 22nd, 2016 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJtheMighty (Post 2097515)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry allen (Post 2097413)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2097394)
That's 3 votes. @McHotcakes you are next. How exciting! It is your turn to decide who or what from fiction we will bring to the workshop floor.

So, can we pick characters from Arthurian legends?

I believe we can Barry, there isn't a group that is currently making it their main priority.

You are correct sir. Anything fictional will do as long as it is not covered by another group. Of course there can be restriction, I would not suggest us doing Zeus or Thor(the Norse mythilogiacal not Marvel version) for example. We really pushed the envelope with both Percy and Kratos, perhaps are most 2 powerful heroes to date. Doc Savage is the only character I remember being suggested, started and not finished. Someome of the members at the time thought was too 'super' hero for this project. I was one of the few who wanted to keep going on him but he was withdrawn and the project moved on.

Confred June 23rd, 2016 02:20 AM

I'm fine with Arthurian legend. Bring on Robin Hood and the Dread Pirate Roberts too!

JC McMinis June 23rd, 2016 07:34 AM

One note on machinekng and Taeblewalker I agree with moving machinkng to the bottom of the list that puts them both at the bottom, if they are not active by the time they come around again I believe that we should remove them from the project, but with the ability to reapply to the project.

Also just fyi I will be on vacation away from my computer from the 9th to the 19th of July. I will be able to access the site via my smart phone and will chime in on what is going on. I will make any cards necessary upon my return home

McHotcakes June 23rd, 2016 12:35 PM

Okay so this is a character that I have thought about making a custom for for quite a while and seeing as the sequel to her original game just came out now seems like a good time.

Faith Connors from the Mirror's Edge video game series.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/...20091230185759

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faith_Connors

Faith comes from a dystopian future in which an oppressive government monitors all information. Faith is a "runner." A person skilled in parkour and free running who runs messages and information across the city, while avoiding big brother and his goons.

Her primary skill is of course free running and her ability to traverse the battlefield quickly I think should be the focus of the design.

Faith is also a skilled martial artist and has a gameplay mechanic where she is able to counter a melee attack from her enemies, so maybe we can do something like that for one of her other powers.

For her basic stats I'm thinking
Name: Faith Connors
General: Aquilla (She fits the same freedom fighter archetype as Katniss)
Race: Human
Figure Type: Unique Hero
Class: Runner?
Personality: Rebellious?
Size: ?

Life: 4
Move: 6
Range: 5 (She often carries a handgun with her)
Attack: 3
Defense: 3

I'm thinking for one of her powers we could reuse Ezio's Freerunner power and possibly add a sentence where Faith won't take leaving engagement attacks. Maybe call it Expert Freerunner?

CJofCourse June 23rd, 2016 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 2097677)
Okay so this is a character that I have thought about making a custom for for quite a while and seeing as the sequel to her original game just came out now seems like a good time.

Faith Connors from the Mirror's Edge video game series.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/...20091230185759

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faith_Connors

Faith comes from a dystopian future in which an oppressive government monitors all information. Faith is a "runner." A person skilled in parkour and free running who runs messages and information across the city, while avoiding big brother and his goons.

Her primary skill is of course free running and her ability to traverse the battlefield quickly I think should be the focus of the design.

Faith is also a skilled martial artist and has a gameplay mechanic where she is able to counter a melee attack from her enemies, so maybe we can do something like that for one of her other powers.

For her basic stats I'm thinking
Name: Faith Connors
General: Aquilla (She fits the same freedom fighter archetype as Katniss)
Race: Human
Figure Type: Unique Hero
Class: Runner?
Personality: Rebellious?
Size: ?

Life: 4
Move: 6
Range: 5 (She often carries a handgun with her)
Attack: 3
Defense: 3

I'm thinking for one of her powers we could reuse Ezio's Freerunner power and possibly add a sentence where Faith won't take leaving engagement attacks. Maybe call it Expert Freerunner?

It looks like you basically have the custom finished :) however, if my memory serves correct, doesn't she take handguns off of her enemies? (I've never played a mirror's edge game so don't quote me on anything until confirmed) I just thought of a weird concept for the character to represent this, Ammo markers.

Steal Weapon: (title in progress)
After Faith destroys an enemy figure, place 4 (or 5, or whatever) ammunition markers on this card.

Handgun Special Attack: Range: 5 Attack: 3
If you remove an ammunition marker from this card, you may use this special attack.

Just throwing out a few ideas. On another note, how about Improved Freerunning for the title? It would be a bit more along the lines of Heroscape, it would also represent the fact that Freerunning has been improved along the years and Ezio, being from the past, doesn't have this.

TREX June 23rd, 2016 07:13 PM

I like your idea CJ. What if you gained an ammo marker by defeating an enemy. Base attack melee, and special attack that utilizes the ammo markers that are taken from defeated enemies. I am not familiar with the character but it is a cool idea.

Barry allen June 23rd, 2016 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJtheMighty (Post 2097722)
It looks like you basically have the custom finished :) however, if my memory serves correct, doesn't she take handguns off of her enemies? (I've never played a mirror's edge game so don't quote me on anything until confirmed) I just thought of a weird concept for the character to represent this, Ammo markers.

Steal Weapon: (title in progress)
After Faith destroys an enemy figure, place 4 (or 5, or whatever) ammunition markers on this card.

How about Weapon Hoarder/Theif.
And I just realized that the hade's claws for kratos, are actually called Kamas.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kama_(weapon)

Tornado June 23rd, 2016 07:26 PM

Considering her ability to courier items, perhaps allow her to pick up Treasure Glyphs without stopping and allow her to pass them off also to adjacent friendly figures.
(This is how Equipment Glyphs work in C3G.)

That would be a really useful and unique ability in classic 'Scape.

CJofCourse June 23rd, 2016 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2097798)
Considering her ability to courier items, perhaps allow her to pick up Treasure Glyphs without stopping and allow her to pass them off also to adjacent friendly figures.
(This is how Equipment Glyphs work in C3G.)

That would be a really useful and unique ability in classic 'Scape.

I like this idea, perhaps it could be incorporated into Item Thief/Item Grabber

@TREX , great idea, 1 per enemy. You might as well stay part of the team, we all like and want you here.

Confred June 24th, 2016 08:09 AM

Cool character. Haven't been able to read any writeups yet, but chiming in that I'm here.

Confred June 24th, 2016 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJtheMighty (Post 2097722)
If my memory serves correct, doesn't she take handguns off of her enemies? .

Normal Range 1

Counter Strike + Special,
If deal damage, +6 Range until end of your next turn.
-
I really like this idea. Having her base Range 1, stops the mechanics from corrupting her character as she isn't a kiter.
The generals summoned her to run messages, but she can dish it if she gets caught, but she doesn't seek getting caught.

Faith is never attacked by figures on lower elevations by leaving engagement attacks. When moving up or down elevations, Faith adds 6 to her height.