Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Taeblewalker August 25th, 2011 07:04 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Here, as I see it, is the current list of active members of this thread. Wulf is a question mark, but he was here recently, so we will keep him on for now. KC, please let us know if you think you will be able to take your turn in a few weeks when it comes up.

I placed Rav right after jc - Rav, if you can't come up with something right away, I will place you after me, no worries. I am toying with the idea of Papa Smurf, though Thundarr the Barbarian and Raistlin Majere would be cool, too!

mac122
wulfhunter667 - Predator got him?
Lamaclown
jcmcminis
Rav
Taeblewalker
killercactus -Semi-MIA

Lamaclown August 25th, 2011 07:51 PM

Nice to have you back on board jc, and welcome to the team- officially- rav.

As far as making THE CHOSEN ONE optional, I like the you may roll the 20-sided die wording, mac.

Thundarr and Raistlin- good friends from my childhood.

JC McMinis August 25th, 2011 08:25 PM

Just out of curiosity, who initiated the good Dr. Doolittle, so I know where in the line up we are?

Taeblewalker August 25th, 2011 09:09 PM

Lamaclown is doing the Good Doctor, which makes you next, j.

Also, I think we can shelve the Granite-M's Franenstein monster for now.

JC McMinis August 25th, 2011 09:20 PM

Ok thanks Table, then I will start planning for what to do when we are done with the Doctor.

mac122 August 25th, 2011 10:19 PM

So, for Dr. Doolittle we have:
Quote:

WALK WITH THE ANIMALS
After taking a turn with Dr. Doolittle, you may move up to 2 Animals you control up to 4 spaces each. Dr. Doolittle adds 1 die to his defense for each adjacent Animal you control to a maximum of 3 addtional dice.

TALK WITH THE ANIMALS
Instead of taking a turn with Dr. Doolittle, you may take a turn with 1 Animal Hero or 1 Animal Squad you control.

THE GOOD DOCTOR
After moving and before attacking, choose a wounded Animal figure you control adjacent to Dr. Doolittle and remove up to 2 wound markers from the chosen figure's Army Card.
Is that how you see him, LC?

Also, how many Animals do we want to design before we move on to JC's submission?

Lamaclown August 25th, 2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1468535)
So, for Dr. Doolittle we have:
Quote:

WALK WITH THE ANIMALS
After taking a turn with Dr. Doolittle, you may move up to 2 Animals you control up to 4 spaces each. Dr. Doolittle adds 1 die to his defense for each adjacent Animal you control to a maximum of 3 addtional dice.

TALK WITH THE ANIMALS
Instead of taking a turn with Dr. Doolittle, you may take a turn with 1 Animal Hero or 1 Animal Squad you control.

THE GOOD DOCTOR
After moving and before attacking, choose a wounded Animal figure you control adjacent to Dr. Doolittle and remove up to 2 wound markers from the chosen figure's Army Card.
Is that how you see him, LC?

:thumbsup:

Quote:

Also, how many Animals do we want to design before we move on to JC's submission?

I was thinking maybe 2 squads and 3 heroes. I think that would be plenty for him tp bond with (we could even drop each by 1 and I would be fine with that).

JC McMinis August 25th, 2011 10:40 PM

Looks good mac
:thumbsup:

mac122 August 25th, 2011 11:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown
I was thinking maybe 2 squads and 3 heroes. I think that would be plenty for him tp bond with (we could even drop each by 1 and I would be fine with that).

I was thinking 5-6 army cards of Animals. However, looking at the ideas already presented, we've got 8 rough drafts:
Lion
Gorilla
Mountain Lion
Rhinocerous
Bear
Elephant
Mustang
Wolf Squad

Since these would/should be fairly simple, I think we could polish these up in relatively short order.

------------------------
I posted the cards to the Display Thread. I've still got to add the links under the Generals section. When you get a chance, take a look through them. LC's logo adds that special touch.

Also, if you notice anything wrong with any wording, please let me know. I was working on them during my lunch breaks at the office and then at home during the evenings. It would not be surprising if I missed something during the transitions.

mac122 August 26th, 2011 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1465213)
LION
Aquilla/ Ullar?
Lion
Uncommon Hero
Animal
Ferocious

Life 6
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3

FELINE AGILITY
When this lion rolls defense dice against an attack from a figure that is adjacent, 1 shield will block all damage.

LETHAL JAWS
When rolling attack dice against a small or medium figure, if this lion rolls 3 or more skulls, the defending figure cannot roll any defense dice and is mmediately destroyed.

GORILLA
Aquilla/ Ullar?
Gorilla
Uncommon Hero
Animal
Ferocious

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3

WOUNDED SMASH
When this gorilla attacks it receives one additional attack die for each wound marker on this card.

MOUNTAIN LION
Aquilla/ Ullar?
Moutain Lion
Uncommon Hero
Animal
Ferocious

Life 6
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3

FELINE AGILITY
When this lion rolls defense dice against an attack from a figure that is adjacent, 1 shield will block all damage.

DOUBLE ATTACK
When this Mountain Lion attacks, it may attack one additional time.

RHINOCEROS
Aquilla/ Ullar?
Rhinoceros
Uncommon Hero
Animal
Unrelenting

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 5

RHINO CHARGE
If this Rhinoceros attacks a figure that was at least 4 spaces away from this Rhinoceros at the beginning its turn, add 1 attack die to its attack.

IMMOVABLE
Add 1 to this Rhinoceros' defense if it has not moved this round.

BEAR
Aquilla/ Ullar?
Bear
Uncommon Hero
Animal
Ferocious

Life 6
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 4

MAUL
When rolling attack dice against small or medium figures, if this Bear rolls 3 or more skulls, the defending receives one wound for every skull and cannot roll defense dice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1466358)
Elephant
Aquilla

Pacyderm
Uncommon Hero
Animal
Wild
Large 8

Life 6
Move 4
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 3

Tough
When rolling defense dice, this Elephant adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled

Trample
Before moving this Elephant, you may choose to add 3 to it's movement. If you choose to do this, you may move this Elephant through any space occupied by an opponent's small or medium figure. This Elephant must end its movement on an unoccupied space. For each figure passed through, roll 1 unblockable attack die against that figure. This Elephant may not attack on a turn where it used trample. When using Trample, this Elephant will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Points 100

quote]

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1466480)
Mustang
Aquilla

Equine
Uncommon Hero
Animal
Wild
Large 6

Life 3
Move 8
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 2

Leap
Once during its move this mustang may leap over a maximum of four water spaces, this counts towards this mustang's total movement.

Carry- as per normal scape rules.

Points 50

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1466497)
Grey Wolves (Squad of 4 3 Wolves)

Aquilla

Lupines
Common Squad
Animals
Wild
Medium 4

Life 1
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 3

Pack Movement
You may move up to 68 Grey Wolves that you control each turn. However, you may attack with only 34 Grey Wolves. You may attack with any 34 Grey Wolves, even Grey Wolves that you did not move this turn.

Strength of the Pack
When rolling attack dice for a Grey Wolf, roll 1 additional attack die for each Grey Wolf adjacent to the figure being attacked, to a maximum of 23 additional dice.

Points 60

Here are all the Animal designs that have been presented. I haven't edited any except for changing the Wolves so that the Wolves of Badru figures would work.

In general, I'd like to see the Uncommon heroes with a bit lower Life to keep their cost lower. Then, if we ever make any Unique Heroes that would use the Animal class, their Life could be higher without being extreme.

SirGalahad August 26th, 2011 10:38 AM

Quote:

WALK WITH THE ANIMALS

TALK WITH THE ANIMALS

THE GOOD DOCTOR
After moving and before attacking, you may choose an adjacent wounded Animal figure you control adjacent to Dr. Doolittle and remove up to 2 Wound Markers from the chosen figure's Army Card.
Consistency and word conservation.
Also, how many Animals do we want to design before we move on to JC's submission?[/quote]

Taeblewalker August 26th, 2011 11:07 AM

I'd say we're fine with the wolf squad and mountain lion. For the latter, we can use the hunting cougar dnd mini.