Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Other Games (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Diplomacy (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=53767)

Kinseth March 5th, 2019 10:57 AM

Re: Diplomacy

3 peat....

Zetsubo March 5th, 2019 12:49 PM

If y'all need another player, I'll join in. Might need a quick refresher, but otherwise good to go.

Spidey'tilIDie March 5th, 2019 02:44 PM

Too many other irons in the fire, but I appreciate the invite!

marrowick March 5th, 2019 04:48 PM

Sorry, I love playing but I just don't have the time.

Nukatha March 5th, 2019 08:53 PM

I'm sitting this out for as long as possible. I occasionally think back to both England and Italy lying to me at the first part of year 1 and I still can't handle it.

I'll stick with CoN, thanks.

Kinseth March 5th, 2019 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nukatha (Post 2260693)
I'm sitting this out for as long as possible. I occasionally think back to both England and Italy lying to me at the first part of year 1 and I still can't handle it.

I'll stick with CoN, thanks.

It is all about perspective. They werent really lying, they were just trying to defeat you. Nothing different than a quarterback reading a defense, looking off the saftey and throwing it deep.

A game is a game :). Winners and losers like any other game.

Kinseth March 5th, 2019 09:24 PM

Also, I think you played great last game!

Nukatha March 5th, 2019 10:03 PM

Should I say that I'm working on a Dissertation and CoN is enough for online games for me right now?

Dad_Scaper March 5th, 2019 10:20 PM

It's always interesting to read what people have to say about the experience of playing Diplomacy. If there's a board game that does a better job of wringing someone dry, I don't know what it is.

Nukatha March 5th, 2019 10:34 PM

I think my whole outlook on the game would be improved if turn 1 had gone okay.
Say a friend introduces you to a game like Goldeneye 007, and proceeds to get 10 kills against you in deathmatch mode while you never even hit him, you're very turned off by the whole experience.
If, however, the first game ends up 7-10 or so, you're much more inclined to give it another go.

Dad_Scaper March 5th, 2019 10:39 PM

Quite right. I think that would have made a difference. That's part of the "gunboat" experience. The level playing field can be quite harsh for new players, who are just learning to experiment with the knobs & switches.

kevindola March 18th, 2019 04:23 PM

I think we're at 6 then.

1) Kinseth
2) Ranior
3) AYP
4) kevindola
5) scorpiusx
6) Zetsubo