Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of C3G Destructible Object Rules (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55039)

Tornado September 21st, 2018 05:32 PM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread (Public Testing)

Torq it up! :)

IAmBatman September 21st, 2018 05:47 PM

I'm going lazy/cheap on this. Not learning new figs or printing new cards. It'll be enough to keep the finer points of the VDO rules in mind.

Tornado September 21st, 2018 05:48 PM

Probably a good idea. :)

IAmBatman September 21st, 2018 05:50 PM

I'll be lucky if I mess up fewer than half a dozen things. :-P

IAmBatman September 22nd, 2018 11:47 PM

Got one quick test in tonight with another lined up for tomorrow, hopefully. The car is coming in strong so far, with the Civilians pairing up nicely.

I'm not 100% sure I played the test right as the car's special power nullification shouldn't affect a figure being activated through Crowd Movement, I don't think, but it's possible that I should've attacked once less an Order Marker with the Civilians as a result of the powers not working in the car thing (i.e. I moved the car with a Civvie and since I activated them with a move and since their Crowd Movement wouldn't work, I'd be committing to attacking with them instead of the Civvies outside?).

I'm honestly not sure how that works and it might've made it slightly closer if I weren't attacking all four times while also driving around. I definitely didn't have any Civilians in the car contribute to Strength in Numbers or move with Panic, though. Those two are plenty clear.

quozl September 23rd, 2018 12:06 AM

That is weird. To me, it looks like you could still move with 8 citizens you control and attack with any 4 citizens you control but since you don't control the civilians in the vehicle, they would not be among that number.

IAmBatman September 23rd, 2018 08:18 AM

Hmm so if I reveal the Order Marker on the Civilians and move the car rather than moving a Civilian in the car, at that point did I cut off the rest of my turn? Or can I still activate seven other non-car Civilians since the power still affects them?

IAmBatman September 23rd, 2018 08:49 AM

OK, I probably had a tad more of a margin of victory than I should have with the Civilians (probably not by much, though) due to being a bit unrestricted with Crowd Movement. Here's how I'm translating the way I should have played it, though:

Quote:

CROWD MOVEMENT
You may move up to 8 Civilians that you control each turn. However, you may attack with only 4 Civilians, even Civilians that you did not move this turn.
If a figure inside the car is nullified, they don't have this power. But they're still a figure in a four figure squad. So as long as four other figures haven't moved yet, they're eligible to move and drive/exit the car. For other Civilians on the map, so long as fewer than 8 Civilians, including ones in the car, have moved (which includes driving/exiting the car) they're still eligible to move. This would have affected some of the timing of what I did with them and would've made some moves I made ineligible, but I think it was mostly order of operations rather than what I accomplished on an Order Marker, so probably not a big deal in terms of game results.

I'm hoping to get feedback on whether you all feel I'm translating things correctly here! :-) Weird interaction for sure.

Tornado September 23rd, 2018 08:57 AM

Going to need a rules lawyer here. I think you are on the right track.

quozl September 23rd, 2018 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2224909)
Going to need a rules lawyer here.

Thanks! I'm on the job.

Here's the vehicle rule:
Quote:

After revealing an Order Marker on one of your Army Cards, before taking a turn with a figure you control occupying a vehicle, you may move that vehicle. You may only move a vehicle once for each Order Marker you reveal.
And here's Crowd Movement:
Quote:

After revealing an Order Marker on this card and instead of moving normally, you may move up to 8 Citizens you control. Instead of attacking normally, you may attack with any 4 Citizens you control, even Citizens that did not move this turn.
So to use Crowd Movement, you have to control all citizens that move. If they are inside a vehicle, you do not control them. Notice that the vehicle rules themselves contradict this by saying "you control occupying a vehicle". That's actually impossible!

Yodaking September 23rd, 2018 10:58 AM

Why would you not control your figures in the vehicle? Your' opponent doesn't control them and they are not dead or otherwise incapacitated.

Ronin September 23rd, 2018 11:18 AM

You only 'control' figures on the battlefield. If a figure's off the battlefield, no-one controls it, even if it isn't destroyed.

It's part of why we defined 'in play' to include undestroyed figures that aren't on the battlefield - it gives a good shorthand that includes those figures.