Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Detective Montoya (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=58338)

IAmBatman December 2nd, 2020 11:23 PM

Re: The Book of Detective Montoya - WAIT for Initial Playtes

I'm happy with her. I see potential for a slight cost drop, but I'm willing to wait and see how she goes in her first public test. I propose a move to Public Testing (as soon as I have a spot open)!

MrNobody December 2nd, 2020 11:23 PM

Re: The Book of Detective Montoya - VOTE for Public Playtest

Yea

tcglkn December 2nd, 2020 11:25 PM

Sure

Soundwarp SG-1 December 2nd, 2020 11:35 PM

yea

Arch-vile December 3rd, 2020 01:07 AM

yea

IAmBatman December 3rd, 2020 10:03 AM

This passes.

IAmBatman December 14th, 2020 10:02 AM

Re: The Book of Detective Montoya - Public Playtesting

Looks solid! :-) Thanks for the tests! I'm glad you were enjoying her. And, yeah, she definitely goes nicely with Bullock!

Cheers,
Bats

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splash
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Detective Montoya
Version tested:
Quote:

NAME = DETECTIVE MONTOYA
SECRET IDENTITY = RENEE MONTOYA

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = LAWMAN
PERSONALITY = RESOURCEFUL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 110

POLICE BACKUP
After taking a turn with a Lawman card you control, if one or more figures from that Lawman card is within 5 clear sight spaces of Detective Montoya and that figure attacked and did not inflict any wounds this turn, you may immediately move Detective Montoya up to 2 spaces and attack with her.

VIGILANTE TIP OFF
Before taking a turn with a Vigilante you control, you may reveal the “X” Order Marker on this card. If you do, figures you control add one die to their attack when attacking Criminal figures this player turn.

CRIMINAL NEGOTIATION
Instead of attacking with Detective Montoya, you may choose one Unique Criminal or Crime Lord Hero within five clear sight spaces and remove one unrevealed Order Marker at random from the chosen figure's Army Card. Criminal Negotiation cannot be used against figures with the Insane personality and can only be used once per round.
Army Test
Map: Under the “El”.
Units:
Army 1 (me) 495pts: Detective Montoya 110 pts, Commissioner Gordon 90pts, Silk Spectre 100pts, 5th Precinct Beat Cops 65pts (X3).
Army 2 (me) 505pts: Black Mask II 150pts, Arkham Inmates 60pts, Mister Zsasz 100pts, Penguin II 140pts, Bad Cops 55pts.

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Under the “El”.
Units:
Army 1 (me) 815pts: Detective Montoya 110 pts, Commissioner Gordon 90pts, 5th Precinct Beat Cops 65pts, Batman II 250pts, Batgirl (Gordon) 130pts, Robin (Drake) 120pts, Spoiler 50pts.
Army 2 (me) 820pts: The Hood 180pts, Red Mist 50pts, Mother Russia 160pts, Nitro 170pts, Absorbing Man 260pts.

Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY:
What happens first, Call for Backup or Police Backup? I went with with Call for backup since its on Gordon’s card.

GCPD has good synergy and Montoya solidifies that in the Lawmen faction. Good cost, I like how with Gordon it adds to 200, just hope the last game was a fluke.

All three powers got fair usage, they’re all very useful and not too much of a pain to kick off.

If you go Lawman synergy it kinda feels like you either have to choose between that and Vigilantes or move them out in phases if you’re playing a larger point game.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT:
Excited to run with Bullock and see the rest of the wave!

It's been a minute since I've playtested, so let me know if I forgot anything :)

tcglkn December 21st, 2020 09:40 AM

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: (Insert Name Here)

Version tested:
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Ivy's Greenhouse
Units: Savage Dragon, Renee Montoya (110), Harvey Bullock, 5th Precinct Beat Cops (x2), Daredevil (I) (800) VS The Incredibles (800)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Ivy's Greenhouse
Units: Renee Montoya (110), Dectective Bullock, Beat Cops x2, SWAT Assaulter x2, Punisher (550) VS Hawkeye (III), Tigra, Mockingbird, Ant-Man (Hank Pym), Fire Ant Swarms x5 (600)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Renee felt solid for 110 points. First time trying the improved Lawmen, but they all felt reasonably solid and fun.

IAmBatman December 21st, 2020 10:03 AM

That's 2-2 in public testing and I liked how she felt at 110! I propose Final Editing!

tcglkn December 21st, 2020 10:41 AM

Re: The Book of Detective Montoya - VOTE for Final Editing

Yea

Arch-vile December 21st, 2020 10:48 AM

Yea

MrNobody December 21st, 2020 12:01 PM

Yea