Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   National Heroscape Day (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Central Arkansas NHSD - Skahen for prize table! (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=21177)

LongHeroscaper September 4th, 2008 04:23 PM

Central Arkansas NHSD - Skahen for prize table!

This will be the thread for the Central Arkansas NHSD. We will discuss everything related to the event here :) !
Below here is what we need to determine:

A. Date and Time: October 18, 2008, from 12:00pm to 5:00pm.
We want to be part of Wizard of the Coast's DCI system, so the date must be October 18.

B. Place: First Presbyterian Church
1208 West Main Street
Jacksonville, AR 72096 (phone: 501-982-2876)

C. Army point: 550, 24-hex starting zone.
Restriction: No MarvelScape.

D. Maps: If there is nothing changed, we will have 5 maps built twice. I have been test-playing a few non-BoV maps. If I can find a few more maps, we can end up with 7-8 maps built once.
As for now, the maps are

Badru Valley, by Gamebear
Sidewinder, Gamebear. The 2 highest double-snow-hexes are replaced by single hexes.
The Secret Passage, LongHS
The Broken Skyline remake, LongHS
If you can take the heat, Dignan

Glyph pool: Move +2, Lucky 20, Initiative, Intercept, Wound.

E. Prize and Entry fee: Entry fee: Free!! Food and drink are on you :) !
Everyone should bring one or more items that are worth a booster pack (about $11) for the prize table.
Updated from Grungebob: There will be Skahen on our prize table! Thank you very much!
Vixentor Games will support us in this event. Thanks a lot, IMax!
HouseMouseGame will send us gift certificates. Thanks a lot, Sandra!

F. Participants:
1. Revdyer
2. Me
3. My wife
4. My brother
5. Ben
6. Andrew
7. Trevor
8. James (UCA)
9. David
10. Jennifer
11. Bannister
12. Banister's son.
Anyone else?

We have great success with our last tournament in May and I believe we will have an even better event this time. No matter where you are, come and join us! Hope to see you all there :) !!

LongHeroscaper September 4th, 2008 04:23 PM

Re: Central Arkansas NHSD

Another question: Do we want to do something else besides the tournament, like doing some demo game for new players?
We can ask Revdyer or someone outside of our group to come up with a series of questions related to Heroscape. Before the tournament, we can gather everyone together and ask questions. Who answers wrongly will be eliminated. The last person standing wins something, or at least get to choose what map to play on the first game. Should we do that?

LongHeroscaper September 7th, 2008 03:58 PM

Re: Central Arkansas NHSD

According to Grungebob in this thread, there will be a large amount of Skahen given out for NHSD events. That is a good news, now we will have Skahen on the prize table! Wahoo...!!

Revdyer September 15th, 2008 11:44 AM

Re: Central Arkansas NHSD - Skahen for prize table!

Just to confirm...I will certainly play. I think a 540 or even 550 army size (with a 24 hex start zone) would be fun. We need to decide this army point question rather quickly, so we obsessive folks can develop and practice our armies.

LongHeroscaper September 15th, 2008 12:01 PM

Update: VixenTor Games will support us with some prize. Thank you very much, IMax :) !!!

The entry fee now is free. You do not have to pay to play. Yay :) !

LongHeroscaper September 20th, 2008 04:26 PM

Update:
Point limit: 550.

Maps: with links on the first thread.

Badru Valley, by Gamebear
Sidewinder, Gamebear. I will ask him for permission to remove the 2 highest double-snow-hexes.
The Secret Passage, LongHS
The Broken Skyline remake, LongHS
If you can take the heat, Dignan

Do you think the map selection is OK? Do you have any other suggestion? Last time, Jexik suggest Winter Holdout, and it was very good! Thanks again, Jexik :) !

Bannister September 23rd, 2008 12:10 PM

Bannister & Son are a maybe for this. I will know better as time gets a little closer.

Bannister

LongHeroscaper September 23rd, 2008 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bannister (Post 676283)
Bannister & Son are a maybe for this. I will know better as time gets a little closer.

Bannister

It is great!!! I hope everything will work out for you and your son so that you guys can join us here!

Arido Krylor September 24th, 2008 08:50 PM

I might be able to get Harley to play, and we are trying to convince some of our friends to take off work.

LongHeroscaper October 2nd, 2008 03:56 PM

Updated with Glyph pool:

Move +2, Lucky 20, Initiative, Intercept, Summon, Wound, Unique attack +1.

Any suggestion? Should we include all attack glyph, or none at all? Any other glyphs that should be included/excluded?

Also, HouseMouseGame supports us with gift certificates. It's great!!

Revdyer October 3rd, 2008 07:31 AM

I'm surprised to see the Summon glyph on the list; that should be interesting. I think that if we have any of the attack glyphs, we should either use the RotV Attack +1 or both the SotM (Unique and Common) ones.

LongHeroscaper October 3rd, 2008 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revdyer (Post 682733)
I'm surprised to see the Summon glyph on the list; that should be interesting. I think that if we have any of the attack glyphs, we should either use the RotV Attack +1 or both the SotM (Unique and Common) ones.

Summon glyph is out, Common Attack +1 is in?