Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

JC McMinis June 1st, 2015 02:22 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Further edit, here is the Boots of Hermes with the corrected Disengage text...also Bow of Apollo Glyph card and label. I thought I would get these done as we seem to have a couple of kinks in Kratos' wording/mechanics. I will think on this and maybe post with an opinion after I wake up later today. Also instead of Godly Artifacts, just a suggestion but what if we called them Olympian Artifacts?

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...psyncyxitv.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...psvhljrxme.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...psrwsl8lsd.jpg

JC McMinis June 1st, 2015 08:09 AM

Oh and when you get the chance guys check out the 1st post of the Display thread, I added a little something there I call JC McMinis Alternates.

Dysole June 1st, 2015 08:40 AM

Sigh

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2024711)
Further edit, here is the Boots of Hermes with the corrected Disengage text...also Bow of Apollo Glyph card and label. I thought I would get these done as we seem to have a couple of kinks in Kratos' wording/mechanics. I will think on this and maybe post with an opinion after I wake up later today. Also instead of Godly Artifacts, just a suggestion but what if we called them Olympian Artifacts?

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...psyncyxitv.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...psvhljrxme.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...psrwsl8lsd.jpg

Okay not quite what I was looking for. All treasure glyphs lack the phrase "figure gains X power". They expressly spell out what that figure gains. (Brooch of shielding says disengage power text rather than figure gains disengage) Also on Bow of Apollo you have it's where you mean its. The Boots also don't have it clearly defined what using them means.

No preference on Godly vs Olympian artifacts.

~Dysole, wording wise

McHotcakes June 1st, 2015 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREX (Post 2024613)
CLIMB FROM TARTARUS
At the start of each of your turns after Kratos has been destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 18 or higher, immediately place Kratos on an empty space on the battlefield that is not higher than the base of any other figure on the battlefield. If Kratos is destroyed and there are no other figures you control left on the Battlefield you may immediately roll for Climb From Tartarus one additional time.

I'm still confused about this. If Kratos rolls immediately for Climb From Tartarus then why is he rolling an additional time? Does that mean he gets to roll for it twice if he would be destroyed?
I just don't think we need to include the one additional time at all.

Quote:

Keep in mind, any Godly Artifact Special Attack needs to be non OP enough to be done up to 4 times. Unless it is specified as a One Time Use by itself.
Did you want Kratos to have multiple SAs per turn? The last version I suggested said Kratos could only attack multiple times with his normal attack, and using a SA would end Kratos' turn. I think that's were a lot of us are at right now.

I have no problem if you want to include the SAs into the multiple attacks per turn, it just means we'll have to keep a closer eye on how effective the Godly artifacts are.

Quote:

Bow of Apollo Special Attack
If a figure is wounded, but not destroyed with Bow of Apollo, roll the 20 sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, the defending figure receives one additional wound. You may continue rolling the 20 sided die until you do not roll a 16 or higher. Figures with the Lava Resistant ability are not effected by Bow of Apollo.
Just an addition.

TREX June 1st, 2015 01:18 PM

EDITED: KRATOS
Quote:

Demi God
Unique Hero
Warrior
Ruthless
Medium 5

Move 6
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Life 6

BY THE GODS
For every Unique Hero Kratos destroys, place a Godly Artifact on this card that has not been previously placed. A maximum of 5 Godly Artifacts may be placed on this card. When Kratos is destroyed, place all Godly Artifacts on this card on or adjacent to the spaces occupied, if possible.

VENGEANCE OF KRATOS
After making a normal or special attack, if Kratos rolled at least 2 skulls, he may attack again with a normal or special attack. Kratos cannot attack more than 4 times per turn.

BLADES OF EXILE
If an opponent's figure is within 3 spaces of Kratos, and its base is no more than 4 levels above Kratos's height or 4 levels below Kratos's base, Kratos may add 3 to his Range when attacking that figure with a normal attack.

CLIMB FROM TARTARUS
At the start of each of your turns after Kratos has been destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 18 or higher, immediately place Kratos on an empty space on the battlefield that is not higher than the base of any other figure on the battlefield. If Kratos is destroyed and there are no other figures you control left on the Battlefield you may immediately roll for Climb From Tartarus.
@McHotcakes Yeah, now that I look at it again, that makes sense without the extra text on Climb from Tartarus, fixed. @Taeblewalker , good catch on the normal attack only thing on Vengeance of Kratos. I fixed it. The reason we want to allow him a chance for multiple special attacks, is to represent his combo abilities with all his weapons,I think suggested by @Confred . I liked the idea, as it is very thematic. The thing we need to look out for is to make sure it is still somewhat a challenge to roll at least 2 skulls. Keep the attacks under a certain number of dice. On the suggestion for rolling a 20 die roll. Making him roll 2 skulls and also the 20 die roll actually makes it harder for him to attack again than the frost giant. Besides the two things mentioned for the card, any other problems before we continue?
Quote:

Bow of Apollo Special Attack.3 Range. 9
If a figure is wounded, but not destroyed with Bow of Apollo, roll the 20 sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, the defending figure receives one additional wound. You may continue rolling the 20 sided die until you do not roll a 16 or higher. Figures with the Lava Resistant ability are not effected by Bow of Apollo.
I like this. I added in the attack stats. I wanted the attack to be lower to keep with his multi attack deal, but gain him some range. I can see him finishing up a combo with a well placed shot at some units at range.
EDIT: Lets get the format figured out for the Godly Artifacts. @Dysole , if you are aware of the proper format, maybe write one up so we can set a precedence.

JC McMinis June 1st, 2015 07:14 PM

Re: Sigh

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2024716)
Okay not quite what I was looking for. All treasure glyphs lack the phrase "figure gains X power". They expressly spell out what that figure gains. (Brooch of shielding says disengage power text rather than figure gains disengage) Also on Bow of Apollo you have it's where you mean its. The Boots also don't have it clearly defined what using them means.

~Dysole, wording wise

I was basing the wording on the Boots off of what we did for Harry Potter's Firebolt

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/a...psa5c02f20.jpg
If you notice it we state that "This figure gains the flying special power. But also I aparently have in my files on my computer an older version of the glyph card, which is what I was looking at, where we spelled out the flying in a seperate area. But I have made a fix on that. As far as 'Using the Boots' I personally think we should do the damage roll on the boots, the fleece and the wings as soon as a figure equips them. You have to see at as I do, unlike the weapons for a Special attack the a figure has to 'dra to use' You would put on the boots and leave them on. Otherwise you would have to declare everytime you are going to use them. I am about to head to work so I will check on any responses to this when I get home in the a.m.

Dysole June 1st, 2015 08:04 PM

Here We Go

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2024908)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2024716)

~Dysole, wording wise

I was basing the wording on the Boots off of what we did for Harry Potter's Firebolt

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/a...psa5c02f20.jpg
If you notice it we state that "This figure gains the flying special power. But also I aparently have in my files on my computer an older version of the glyph card, which is what I was looking at, where we spelled out the flying in a seperate area. But I have made a fix on that. As far as 'Using the Boots' I personally think we should do the damage roll on the boots, the fleece and the wings as soon as a figure equips them. You have to see at as I do, unlike the weapons for a Special attack the a figure has to 'dra to use' You would put on the boots and leave them on. Otherwise you would have to declare everytime you are going to use them. I am about to head to work so I will check on any responses to this when I get home in the a.m.

And what I'm telling you is that that format is not what official Heroscape uses.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREX (Post 2024769)
EDIT: Lets get the format figured out for the Godly Artifacts. @Dysole , if you are aware of the proper format, maybe write one up so we can set a precedence.

From several pages back. (updated to reflect current changes to the power)

Quote:

BOOTS OF HERMES
Godly Artifact
(Move+3 and Disengage)
PERMANENT GLYPH

If you choose to use the Boots this turn, this figure adds 3 to its movement and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. After using this glyph, if this figure is not a God or Demi-God, roll the 20 sided die. On a roll of 5 or lower, this figure takes a wound.

TREX June 1st, 2015 08:22 PM

Quote:

BOOTS OF HERMES
Godly Artifact
(Move+3 and Disengage)
PERMANENT GLYPH

If you choose to use the Boots of Hermes this turn, this figure adds 3 to its movement and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. After using this glyph, if this figure is not a God or Demi-God, roll the 20 sided die. On a roll of 5 or lower, this figure takes a wound.
This looks good, but would add what I added in Bold.

Confred June 1st, 2015 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2024715)
Oh and when you get the chance guys check out the 1st post of the Display thread, I added a little something there I call JC McMinis Alternates.

I'm actually upset about this.
Spoiler Alert!

Confred June 1st, 2015 11:07 PM

I think Kratos is coming along well. To take a breather from his Army Card, and to continue being constructive as the conversation shifts, I'd like to work a little on his noncombat Godly Artifact Glyphs

What about this for Boots Of Hermes:
PERMANENT GLYPH
Before moving, this figure may use Boots Of Hermes to add 3 to its Move and for the duration of the turn never be attacked for leaving an engagement.

GODLY ARTIFACT
After using any special power on this Glyph, if this figure is not a God or Demigod, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 5 or lower, inflict 1 wound to this figure. Only one copy of Boots Of Hermes may ever be on any Army Card you control.

(Italicized on the card also)

1. Move. Which do we prefer? What is most official?
a) ...add 3 to its Move...
b) ...add 3 to its Move value...
c) ...move 3 additional spaces...
d) ...add 3 to its movement...
e) something else: Please write what else
2. Damage. Which do we prefer? What is most official?
a) ...inflict 1 wound to this figure...
b) ...inflict 1 damage to this figure...
c) ...inflict 1 wound to the figure...
d) ...inflict 1 damage to the figure...
e) ...place 1 wound marker on this figure's Army Card...
f) ...place 1 wound marker on the figure's Army Card...
g) something else: Please write what else
3. Uniqueness. Which do we prefer? What is most official?
a) ...Only one copy of __ may ever be on any Army Card you control....
b) ...Only one copy of __ may ever be on any Army Card you control at any one time.
c) something else: Please write what else

The 'dropping Glyphs' mechanic at the end of "BY THE GODS" could be on the Glyph's card instead.

4. Dropping. Which do we prefer? What is most official?
a) Keep restriction on Kratos' card
b) Have the restriction on the Godly Artifact's card

TREX June 2nd, 2015 12:29 AM

How you have the card looks fine by me. The only thing it needs added is a clause on damage. Gods or Demi Gods should not have to roll for the damage. Kratos should not get hurt by his own glyphs. Other than that, as long as it gets the point across it is fine by me. That is the beauty of having some of you guys as our wording experts on the team.:)
EDIT: The glyphs should be unique, you wouldn't want Kratos running around with boots of hermes on his feet,hands and one strapped to his head. But in all seriousness, yes they should be unique.
Generally when a figure dies the glyphs are placed on the ground. The reason I think it is best specified on his card, is that he can come back to the board, it clears up any confusion whether he gets to bring them to tartarus or not. Otherwise any other figure picking them up, dies and drops them.

Dysole June 2nd, 2015 12:45 AM

Public Official

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2024954)
I think Kratos is coming along well. To take a breather from his Army Card, and to continue being constructive as the conversation shifts, I'd like to work a little on his noncombat Godly Artifact Glyphs

What about this for Boots Of Hermes:
PERMANENT GLYPH
Before moving, this figure may use Boots Of Hermes to add 3 to its Move and for the duration of the turn never be attacked for leaving an engagement.

GODLY ARTIFACT
After using any special power on this Glyph, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 5 or lower, inflict 1 wound to this figure. Only one copy of Boots Of Hermes may ever be on any Army Card you control.

(Italicized on the card also)

Not bad. Let's go glyph it up and see what we find.

Quote:

1. Move. Which do we prefer? What is most official?
a) ...add 3 to its Move...
b) ...add 3 to its Move value...
c) ...move 3 additional spaces...
d) ...add 3 to its movement...
e) something else: Please write what else
Glyph of Valda states "For each figure you control, add 2 to the Move number"

Kozuke Samurai states "Any or all Kozuke Samurai may add 3 to their Move number..."

Othkurik states "...for this turn, add 1 to Othkurik's movement..."

Marrden Hounds states "...If you roll 1-3, add 1 to the move value of this card..."

Marcus states "All Soldiers you control move one additional space"

Axegrinders states "...add 2 to the Axegrinders' move number"

Spartacus states "...Inspired Gladiators add 1 to their Move number..."

Venoc Warlord states "All Scouts you control move two additional spaces"

Warden 816 states "All Guards you control move one additional space"

If there's others, I missed them. Leadership (Soldier, Guard, Scout) has a pretty standard form and I think we should not use that one. I don't like Othkurik's wording. My personal choice would be "adds 3 to their Move number"

Quote:

2. Damage. Which do we prefer? What is most official?
a) ...inflict 1 wound to this figure...
b) ...inflict 1 damage to this figure...
c) ...inflict 1 wound to the figure...
d) ...inflict 1 damage to the figure...
e) ...place 1 wound marker on this figure's Army Card...
f) ...place 1 wound marker on the figure's Army Card...
g) something else: Please write what else
Sonlen states "the chosen figure receives one wound"

Mogrimm states "the chosen figure receives 1 wound"

Nakita Agents states "the opponent's figure receives a wound"

Pelloth states "you may inflict 1 wound"

Sujoah states "add 1 additional wound marker"

Tor-Kul-Na states "the chosen figure receives one wound"

Arkmer states "the opponent's figure receives one wound"

Black Wyrmling states "the chosen figure receives 1 wound"

Deathwalker 7000 states "each adjacent figure receives 2 wounds"

Deepwyrm Drow states "add 1 additional wound to the defending figure"

Eldgrim states "you may place a wound marker on Eldgrim"

Alastair MacDirk states "you may place a wound marker on Alastair"

Estivara states "add 1 additional wound to the defending figure's Army Card"

Kee-Mo-Shi states "that figure receives one wound"

Marrden Hounds states "that figure receives one wound"

So, it looks like the "that figure receives one wound" is the most preferred with the DND waves changing one to 1. That's my preference for what I think we want.

Quote:

3. Uniqueness. Which do we prefer? What is most official?
a) ...Only one copy of __ may ever be on any Army Card you control....
b) ...Only one copy of __ may ever be on any Army Card you control at any one time.
c) something else: Please write what else
I think we just copy this.

Quote:

Ancient Artifact Treasure Glyphs:
Ancient Artifacts are powerful and rare Treasure Glyphs. Ancient Artifact Treasure Glyphs follow all rules for Treasure Glyphs with the following exception:
an Army may control more than one Ancient Artifact Treasure Glyph, but an Army can never control more than one copy of each Ancient Artifact Treasure Glyph. If at any point an Army would control more than one copy, all extra copies must be dropped or destroyed.

Quote:

The 'dropping Glyphs' mechanic at the end of "BY THE GODS" could be on the Glyph's card instead.

4. Dropping. Which do we prefer? What is most official?
a) Keep restriction on Kratos' card
b) Have the restriction on the Godly Artifact's card
I think that it makes more sense for other figures to have to choose a glyph to drop and lose all the others rather than have it on Kratos' card.

~Dysole, who almost lost this with an accidental close out of tabs. Thank you Chrome for saving that.