Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3V and SoV Customs (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   The Book of Skeletons of Annellintia (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=41695)

infectedsloth June 20th, 2012 05:50 AM

The Book of Skeletons of Annellintia

The Book of Skeletons of Annellintia
C3V Wave 2 - Age of Chaos - Army of Darkness

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...d_original.jpg
The figures used for this unit are Confrontation figures from the Rams set. They are available from the Ram Army Box (16 figures), Abysmal Skull Unit Box (4 figures), or Necromancer Skull Unit Box (4 figures). The name of the figure is Skeleton Thrall.

Bio
Spoiler Alert!

Necromancy
When a Skeleton of Annellintia you control is destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, place that Skeleton of Annellintia on the army card of any Unique Lord, Lady, Duke or Duchess you control.

Reanimation
After revealing an order marker on this Army Card, before taking a turn with the Skeletons of Annellintia, you may remove one previously destroyed Skeleton of Annellintia from the Army Card of one Unique Hero you control and place it on any empty space adjacent to that Hero.

Undead Legion
After taking a turn with the Skeletons of Annellintia, you may move two unengaged Skeletons of Annellintia you control who did not move or attack this turn up to 4 spaces each.

-Rulings and Clarifications-

- TBA

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • Zombie Hulk: Paralyzing Fear:
    As Undead, the Skeletons Of Annellintia may benefit from the Zombie Hulk's Paralyzing Fear defense penalty when attacking other figures.
  • Torin: Evil Eye Protection:
    As medium figures who follow Utgar, Skeletons of Annellintia may be protected by Torin's Evil Eye.
  • Ataraxis the Starlich: Terror Enhancement Field:
    As Terrifying figures, the Skeletons of Annellintia benefit from Ataraxis's Terror Enhancement Field.

Synergy Benefits Offered
Necromancy: Unique Lord, Lady, Duke or Duchess

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Ranking and Master Index

Skeletons of Annellintia Sculpt Poll

Devastating with a hot d20, but can require subtle play to take advantage of the animation mechanic. B+

Unit Strategy Review

- TBD

http://www.heroscapers.com/community.../skeletons.jpg

Tai-Pan June 20th, 2012 06:29 AM

Re: The book of Skeletons of Annellintia

I just realized that, with the inclusion of Nicholas in the list of figures that can use Necromancy, the mindlessness of a Skeleton horde is reflected. They don't really care if they're fighting for Cyprien or for Nicholas.

superfrog June 20th, 2012 10:14 AM

Two things:

Capitalize "book" in the thread title and change "form" to "from" in the Reanimate power "...you may remove one previously destroyed Skeleton of Annellintia from the Army Card..."

vegietarian18 June 20th, 2012 10:16 AM

Army build that came to my head when I saw these guys:

Cyprien
Sonya
Skeletons x2
Raelin
Isamu
495/12 hexes
A bit low on commons, but probably still strong overall. The skeletons are slow and can bask in Raelin's aura for a while.

The ideal build is probably Cyp/Sonya/Skeletons x3, but that's 510 points.

caps June 20th, 2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vegietarian18 (Post 1629097)
Army build that came to my head when I saw these guys:

Cyprien
Sonya
Skeletons x2
Raelin
Isamu
495/12 hexes
A bit low on commons, but probably still strong overall. The skeletons are slow and can bask in Raelin's aura for a while.

The ideal build is probably Cyp/Sonya/Skeletons x3, but that's 510 points.

It is low on commons, but if you open with the Skeletons, Cyprien can go out and start putting them back on the board once you've lost 5-6. With that build I would probably leave 1-2 in my SZ so as not to lose the card.

awesomeunleashed June 20th, 2012 12:12 PM

Re: The Book of Skeletons of Annellintia

I'm having a bit of a tough time justifying paying 45 more points per squad for these over Zombies. Reanimation is more reliable than ZRA, but only half of your destroyed Skeletons are going to come back. Is the extra figure and attack die really worth it? They are definitely stronger, but are they really 45 points more so?

dok June 20th, 2012 12:22 PM

4 attacks of 3 is literally twice as many attack dice as 3 attacks of 2. But just as importantly, the mechanic by which they come back is completely different. Zombies come back by killing opposing figures. Skeletons come back simply by taking turns. While I understand the desire to compare the two squads, the meaningful similarity is just that they are both slow-moving melee squads.

A good way to look at the Skeletons is that they are a 4-figure, 3/3 squad that costs about 53 points, but you get (on average) two squads for every squad you purchase... as long as you can keep your hero alive, that is.

One interesting option that I like, actually, is to play Iskra (without the rechets) rather than Cyprien/Sonya. Iskra is actually not a terrible cleanup hero in her own right, and going cheap on the hero frees up some points for ranged support.

mac122 June 20th, 2012 12:23 PM

If the Zombies were a 4-figure squad, they'd have to be at least 80 points just to pay for the extra figure. Add in a bit for the extra strength for an extra attack for each OM and you've probably got a 85-90 point squad. So, to my mind, it really comes down to whether the extra attack die and the better chance of returning destroyed figures to the battlefield is worth 15-20 points. Sounds like a good deal to me.

awesomeunleashed June 20th, 2012 12:28 PM

Okay, good points. Now I just need to see it...
Quote:

Originally Posted by dok (Post 1629130)
and going cheap on the hero frees up some points for ranged support.

Bah! Range? Who needs that? Now I want to play 5x, Iskra, filler for 600...

caps June 20th, 2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed (Post 1629132)
Okay, good points. Now I just need to see it...
Quote:

Originally Posted by dok (Post 1629130)
and going cheap on the hero frees up some points for ranged support.

Bah! Range? Who needs that? Now I want to play 5x, Iskra, filler for 600...

At 650 you could do 5xSkeletons, Iskra, Sonya, Marcu+Isamu/Kira-Jax.

Aldin June 20th, 2012 12:41 PM

*sigh* :ninja:'d by dok and mac.

Let me add one more thing they didn't cover. Skeleton necromancy is foe-indifferent. Zombies suck wind when faced with Q9 and Deathstalkers. Skeles just keep coming.

~Aldin, bonily

vegietarian18 June 20th, 2012 12:46 PM

I would think that the problem with playing Iskra is how frail she is. Iskra can go down really quickly to heavy fire, and she will be your opponents main target if she is your only hero.