Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Tornado July 24th, 2016 09:12 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2103239)
@Tornado Interesting thoughts, but the prime reason for even including a leap would not be affected by that version.
Imagine 45 7-hex pieces stacked together to represent a city building. And a second tower 2 or more spaces away from the first. Faith should be able to leap from one to the other, leaving most pursuers standing at the edge unable to follow.

That version does not cover this situation though correct as it is a 'move' and not a 'place'?

Confred July 24th, 2016 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2103338)
Next up is investigating trap conflicts with courier.

COURIER
[original]
Before and after moving, you may move a Treasure Glyph from any adjacent friendly figure’s Army Card to this card and you may move any Treasure Glyphs from this card to that card. Faith Connors may move over and pickup Treasure Glyphs without stopping.

McHotcakes July 25th, 2016 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2103356)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2103239)
@Tornado Interesting thoughts, but the prime reason for even including a leap would not be affected by that version.
Imagine 45 7-hex pieces stacked together to represent a city building. And a second tower 2 or more spaces away from the first. Faith should be able to leap from one to the other, leaving most pursuers standing at the edge unable to follow.

That version does not cover this situation though correct as it is a 'move' and not a 'place'?

I agree. I'd rather leap be represented by placing Faith instead of moving her.

Tornado July 25th, 2016 12:05 PM

Cool. I just want to make sure you get what you want. Love the design.

We have had some debates over 'move' and 'place'(or the lack of the word) in out AotP games.

Confred July 27th, 2016 10:26 PM

Sorry for delay. Turned out to be an easy fix.

COURIER (v2)
Before and after moving, you may move 1 Treasure Glyph from any adjacent friendly figure’s Army Card to this card and you may move 1 Treasure Glyph from this card to that card. After picking up a Treasure Glyph, Faith may continue moving.

COURIER (v2.1)
After picking up a Treasure Glyph, Faith may continue moving. Before and after moving, you may move 1 Treasure Glyph from any adjacent friendly figure’s Army Card to this card and you may move 1 Treasure Glyph from this card to that card.

Confred July 28th, 2016 02:26 PM

FAITH CONNORS
AQUILLA
HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
RUNNER
REBELLIOUS
MEDIUM 4

LIFE 3
MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 5
POINTS 45

COURIER
After picking up a Treasure Glyph, Faith may continue moving. Before and after moving, you may move 1 Treasure Glyph from any adjacent friendly figure’s Army Card to this card and you may move 1 Treasure Glyph from this card to that card.

PARKOUR MOVEMENT
When moving, Faith may ignore height limits and pass through all figures without taking leaving engagement attacks. At any point before, during, or after moving normally, Faith may Leap. Leap has a move of 3. When counting spaces for Leap, ignore elevations. Faith may leap over water without stopping, leap over figures without becoming engaged, and leap over obstacles such as ruins. Faith may not leap more than 12 levels up or down in a single leap. After leaping, Faith may continue moving.

Barry allen July 28th, 2016 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2103859)
FAITH CONNORS
AQUILLA
HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
RUNNER
REBELLIOUS
MEDIUM 4

LIFE 3
MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 5
POINTS 45

COURIER

PARKOUR MOVEMENT
When moving, Faith may ignore height limits and pass through all figures without taking leaving engagement attacks. At any point before, during, or after moving normally, Faith may Leap. Leap has a move of 3. When counting spaces for Leap, ignore elevations. Faith may leap over water without stopping, leap over figures without becoming engaged, and leap over obstacles such as ruins. Faith may not leap more than 12 levels up or down in a single leap. After leaping, Faith may continue moving.

I actually really like this one but I think that she should only be able to count every 2 or 3 spaces as 1. just my two cents.

Confred July 28th, 2016 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry allen (Post 2103889)
I actually really like this one but I think that she should only be able to count every 2 or 3 spaces as 1. just my two cents.

Rephrase please; I don't understand.

CJofCourse July 28th, 2016 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2103890)
Quote:

Rephrase please; I don't understand.

I believe Barry is referring to this sentence of Parkour Movement:
Quote:

Faith may not leap more than 12 levels up or down in a single leap.
And is trying to say that Faith shouldn't be able to leap so high. Assuming my guess is correct, @Barry allen , I believe we are factoring in climbing, it isn't 12 levels in a single bound.

Confred July 29th, 2016 08:41 AM

@CJtheMighty 12 is the number used in Stealth Leap and 12 is the number required to go over a ruin. The large number also helps with avoiding fall damage.

But I'm not sure that's what Barry was referring to. I think he was referencing Expert Climbing or ilk.

Barry allen July 29th, 2016 11:52 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2103859)
When moving, Faith may ignore height limits and pass through all figures without taking leaving engagement attacks.

I meant right there. That pretty much allows her to fly and I don't recall her being able to fly. Maybe some really good acrobatic skills, but she wasn't ever able to just go over a building as she was moving. I have played the game once or twice now that I think about it. So summed up, being that she is a human and such she she shouldn't be able to do that unless it was;

Parkour Movement
When faith connors is moving, she may ignore elevations. If Faith Connors ignores 8 levels or higher she must end her movement. Faith connors may still use Leap...

Confred July 29th, 2016 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry allen (Post 2103917)
I meant right there. That pretty much allows her to fly and I don't recall her being able to fly. Maybe some really good acrobatic skills, but she wasn't ever able to just go over a building as she was moving. I have played the game once or twice now that I think about it. So summed up, being that she is a human and such she she shouldn't be able to do that unless it was;

Parkour Movement
When faith connors is moving, she may ignore elevations. If Faith Connors ignores 8 levels or higher she must end her movement. Faith connors may still use Leap...

Her absolute maximum unmodified climb would be 16 (17) levels. That's less than a grappling hook. Yeah it's impressive, but it's not really all that, and I don't think it's terribly unrealistic. Watch some parkour. Those guys and gals go up and down the sides of buildings easily triple the speed you or I would be able to. Even in RL, 17 isn't far fetched.