Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

CJofCourse March 22nd, 2016 01:12 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2081078)
Development History and Recap
So basically, via the show, the Doctor collects seemingly random items, drawing the attention of the agency Perry the Platypus works for, and then constructs a massive doomsday device to thwart the Tri-State Area. How he does it is varied so for card simplification's sake, we're going with massive area-effect damage.
Sometimes he simply takes an already existing item and slaps "Evil" in the front and "-inator" on the back: for example: Refrigerator = Evil Refrigeratorinator.
Later on he gets a robot army, kind of how in later episodes of Adventure Time the Banana Guard become more prevalent but they're nonexistent in the beginning. The very first pitch for the Doctor dealt with using Solborgs to represent this robot army. I was the one to say save the robot army for a different villain and go with the doomsday device.
Another aspect of the character is that he's lonely and kind of a loser. He LIKES having somebody to come after him and may even delay his own activations to draw an audience to see his plans unfold. Usually when the Nemesis arrives, the doctor gets the immediate upperhand but the nemesis turns it around. I had originally proposed a kind of Engagement Strike+Cyber Claw hybrid which would effectively lock an enemy figure that moves into engagement but on the flip side make the doomsday device more difficult to succeed if the Doctor were engaged. Design Lead Dysole preferred the Nemesis aspect to be more obvious so a special power similar to the MacDirk Warriors was created.
The doomsday device has changed from special power like Dragon Swoop to a special attack and parameters adjusted. Also the Nemesis power has be discussed towards what it actually does besides identify a figure as a nemesis. Nothing has really been confirmed for either power.
~~~

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Wordy Version that covers most concerns
NEMESIS MOTIVATION
At the start of the game, choose an opponent's Unique Hero to be Dr. Doofenshmirtz's Nemesis. If an opponent controls Perry the Platypus, you must choose him to be the Nemesis. While the Nemesis is on the battlefield,
* Add 1 to your initiative rolls.
* After you reveal an order marker from any figure you control and before taking the turn, the Nemesis may move up to 4 spaces.

BEHOLD THE TRI-STATE AREA DESTRUCTINATOR SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5 Special. Attack 5.
Choose a space. All friendly and enemy figures on the chosen space and within 3 spaces of the chosen space are affected by Behold The Tri-State Area Destructinator Special Attack. Line of sight isn't needed. Before rolling attack dice, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or lower, an opponent may change the target of the attack to a different space within 5 spaces of Dr. Doofenshmirtz. Roll attack dice once. Affected figures roll defense dice separately. If Dr. Doofenshmirtz is adjacent to his Nemesis, he cannot move and he must attack with his Behold The Tri-State Area Destructinator Special Attack. If engaged, Dr. Doofenshmirtz may choose any space within 5 spaces and not just adjacent spaces. Dr. Doofenshmirtz may attack with his Behold The Tri-State Area Special Attack only once per game.

Glad you posted this, I think everyone should now have a solid idea of what Doofen is for now. I think we should treat it as the final version until @Dysole posts the final version.

This project has been going on for almost 9 months and I think we should get some ideas rolling for the next one @Taeblewalker 's if my memory serves correctly) while simultaneously polishing up Doofen. These are my thoughts on the overall pace of Doof's creation and where we should go from here. Please tell me if I am slightly insane or out of place, or if I just read everyone's mind and the idea sounds solid enough to work on. Either way, I think @Taeblewalker should prepare a Hero of Fiction considering Doofen is almost finished and could literally be finished by tomorrow (if @Dysole posts tomorrow). Again, please tell me if I sound out of place considering I have only been here for a short time* and am probably not considered a full member yet.

*(Half-truth, I have been lurking and watching you guys since before I even opened an account, kinda creepy, but true.)

TREX March 22nd, 2016 01:30 PM

@CJtheMighty , not creepy at all to lurk in the shadows and watch every move.;) only kidding. This project has been at a halt for awhile and I'll have to say its made me lose a bit of interest in it. It would be good for us to finish up Doof and proceed on. I am perfectly ok with new members as I think I will probably make an exit. Inducting new will be entirely up to the other existing members. With me being busy with Life and using any of my free time doing testing for HOSS and my own projects I don't have time here. I love the spirit of this project and wish you guys the best of luck creeping forward. I had a lot of fun Lead designing Kratos, and working with this team really helped me in custom making. I will continue my work in the HOSS customs project and my own endeavors.

CJofCourse March 22nd, 2016 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREX (Post 2081269)
@CJtheMighty , not creepy at all to lurk in the shadows and watch every move.;) only kidding. This project has been at a halt for awhile and I'll have to say its made me lose a bit of interest in it. It would be good for us to finish up Doof and proceed on. I am perfectly ok with new members as I think I will probably make an exit. Inducting new will be entirely up to the other existing members. With me being busy with Life and using any of my free time doing testing for HOSS and my own projects I don't have time here. I love the spirit of this project and wish you guys the best of luck creeping forward. I had a lot of fun Lead designing Kratos, and working with this team really helped me in custom making. I will continue my work in the HOSS customs project and my own endeavors.

I must say, it will be sad to see you go. Best of luck with life and your own endeavors.

TREX March 22nd, 2016 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJtheMighty (Post 2081272)
Quote:

@CJtheMighty, not creepy at all to lurk in the shadows and watch every move.;) only kidding. This project has been at a halt for awhile and I'll have to say its made me lose a bit of interest in it. It would be good for us to finish up Doof and proceed on. I am perfectly ok with new members as I think I will probably make an exit. Inducting new will be entirely up to the other existing members. With me being busy with Life and using any of my free time doing testing for HOSS and my own projects I don't have time here. I love the spirit of this project and wish you guys the best of luck creeping forward. I had a lot of fun Lead designing Kratos, and working with this team really helped me in custom making. I will continue my work in the HOSS customs project and my own endeavors.

I must say, it will be sad to see you go. Best of luck with life and your own endeavors.

Thanks, and if you guys pick up the pieces and move forward I'll throw my 2 cents at you guys, you know, for what its worth.

CJofCourse March 22nd, 2016 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREX (Post 2081277)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CJtheMighty (Post 2081272)
Quote:

@CJtheMighty, not creepy at all to lurk in the shadows and watch every move.;) only kidding. This project has been at a halt for awhile and I'll have to say its made me lose a bit of interest in it. It would be good for us to finish up Doof and proceed on. I am perfectly ok with new members as I think I will probably make an exit. Inducting new will be entirely up to the other existing members. With me being busy with Life and using any of my free time doing testing for HOSS and my own projects I don't have time here. I love the spirit of this project and wish you guys the best of luck creeping forward. I had a lot of fun Lead designing Kratos, and working with this team really helped me in custom making. I will continue my work in the HOSS customs project and my own endeavors.

Thanks, and if you guys pick up the pieces and move forward I'll throw my 2 cents at you guys, you know, for what its worth.

So you won't be completely gone, YAY! I don't think there will be too many pieces to pick up, but this thread will definitely lose something besides you. And as long as HOF doesn't come to a standstill like so many other projects *coughtransformerscough* *coughvideogamesprojectcough* I hope you will stick by us and keep throwing pennies at us when need them. ;)

Confred March 22nd, 2016 09:10 PM

I kept the pace up for Kratos to get out. It was fun being a kind of 'project manager' alongside a lead designer. But it burned me out and thus I didn't push as hard with Doof.

That said, I'd like to corral all viewers to comment on my latest version, because it is wordy and wordiness takes fun away sometimes. And it didn't look good.

Dysole March 22nd, 2016 10:21 PM

My Take

Quote:

Originally Posted by New version
NEMESIS MOTIVATION
At the start of the game, choose an opponent's Unique Hero to be Dr. Doofenshmirtz's Nemesis. If an opponent controls Perry the Platypus, you must choose him to be the Nemesis. While the Nemesis is on the battlefield,
* Add 1 to your initiative rolls.
* After you reveal an order marker from any figure you control and before taking a turn with any figuresthe turn, the Nemesis may move up to 4 spaces.

BEHOLD MYTHE TRI-STATE AREA DESTRUCTINATOR SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5Special. Attack 5.

Choose a space within 5 clear sight spaces of Dr. Doofenshmirtz. All friendly and enemy figures on the chosen space and within 3 spaces of the chosen space are affected by Behold My The Tri-State Area Destructinator Special Attack. Before rolling attack dice, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or lower, an opponent may choose change the target of the attack to a different space within 5 spaces of Dr. Doofenshmirtz to be the chosen space. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Affected figures Each figure rolls defense dice separately. If Dr. Doofenshmirtz is adjacent to his Nemesis, he cannot move and he must attack with his Behold MyThe Tri-State Area Destructinator Special Attack. If engaged, Dr. Doofenshmirtz may choose any space within 5 spaces and not just adjacent spaces. Dr. Doofenshmirtz may attack with his Behold The Tri-State AreaMy Destructinator Special Attack only once per game.

Now if we look at it with my edits all nicely merged in.

Quote:

NEMESIS MOTIVATION
  • Add 1 to your initiative rolls.
  • After you reveal an order marker and before taking a turn with any figures, the Nemesis may move up to 4 spaces.

BEHOLD MY DESTRUCTINATOR SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 5.

Choose a space within 5 clear sight spaces of Dr. Doofenshmirtz. All figures on the chosen space and within 3 spaces of the chosen space are affected by Behold My Destructinator Special Attack. Before rolling attack dice, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or lower, an opponent may choose a different space within 5 spaces of Dr. Doofenshmirtz to be the chosen space. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. If Dr. Doofenshmirtz is adjacent to his Nemesis, he cannot move and must attack with Behold My Destructinator Special Attack. Dr. Doofenshmirtz may attack with his Behold My Destructinator Special Attack once per game.
Quick logic. Doof never wants to destroy the Tri-State Area just take over it so a simple Destructinator makes more sense and cuts out a lot of words. I am perfectly fine with Doof being unable to attack nonadjacent spaces if engaged although I think the wording might allow him to.

~Dysole, thinking that covers our bases

Confred March 23rd, 2016 01:48 AM

I'm thinking NEMESIS MOTIVATION can be nerfed to give you no advantages, reducing options down, removing the need for bullets.
When I get to my computer in the morning I'll check it out.

Confred April 7th, 2016 01:36 PM

I propose this to be the latest version:

NEMESIS MOTIVATION
At the start of the game, choose an opponent's Unique Hero to be Dr. Doofenshmirtz's Nemesis. If an opponent controls Perry the Platypus, you must choose him to be the Nemesis. After revealing an order marker and before taking the turn, the Nemesis may immediately move up to 4 spaces.

Range Special. Attack 5.
Choose a space within 5 clear sight spaces of Dr. Doofenshmirtz. All figures on the chosen space and within 3 spaces of the chosen space are affected by Behold My Destructinator Special Attack. Before rolling attack dice, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or lower, an opponent may choose a different space within 5 spaces of Dr. Doofenshmirtz to be the chosen space. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Dr. Doofenshmirtz may attack with his Behold My Destructinator Special Attack once per game.

JC McMinis April 8th, 2016 05:45 AM

I like it. I think it is precise, not to wordy and fits the design idea of the character,

Confred April 8th, 2016 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2083803)
I propose this to be the latest version:

NEMESIS MOTIVATION
At the start of the game, choose an opponent's Unique Hero to be Dr. Doofenshmirtz's Nemesis. If an opponent controls Perry the Platypus, you must choose him to be the Nemesis. After revealing an order marker and before taking the turn, the Nemesis may move up to 4 spaces.

Range Special. Attack 5.
Choose a space within 5 clear sight spaces of Dr. Doofenshmirtz. All figures on the chosen space and within 3 spaces of the chosen space are affected by Behold My Destructinator Special Attack. Before rolling attack dice, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or lower, an opponent may choose a different space within 5 spaces of Dr. Doofenshmirtz to be the chosen space. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Dr. Doofenshmirtz may attack with his Behold My Destructinator Special Attack once per game.

Correction (Removed "immediately")

Dysole April 8th, 2016 04:16 PM

Kosher

I'm good with it. If I notice any wording fixes I'll take care of them later.

~Dysole, informationally