Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Scapers Online (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Official Site Question Dump (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=46306)

capsocrates January 22nd, 2013 03:13 PM

Re: Official Site Question Dump

Quote:

Originally Posted by samthegoat (Post 1749146)
What's the deal with Ultradoug? He's the only person I've ever seen post as a 'guest', which only just occurred to me as I saw one of his posts in some old customs thread or another.
Thanks in Advance,
Samthegoat

It was way before my time, but he was banned for being a really awful guy--about as much of a creep as somebody can be.

Anyways, the reason his posts show up as a "guest" have something to do with the way the forum's backend was upgraded. His banned status was lost in the shuffle or something and he was probably removed from the system entirely--that's my best guess.

Agent Minivann January 22nd, 2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capsocrates (Post 1749159)
Quote:

Originally Posted by samthegoat (Post 1749146)
What's the deal with Ultradoug? He's the only person I've ever seen post as a 'guest', which only just occurred to me as I saw one of his posts in some old customs thread or another.
Thanks in Advance,
Samthegoat

It was way before my time, but he was banned for being a really awful guy--about as much of a creep as somebody can be.

Anyways, the reason his posts show up as a "guest" have something to do with the way the forum's backend was upgraded. His banned status was lost in the shuffle or something and he was probably removed from the system entirely--that's my best guess.

That is about as nice a spin as you could put on it. He was on probably in the neighborhood of 20 forums as Ultradoug and he deleted everything on all of them when he was "caught". I am going to say that it is probably best to leave it at that unless a certain party decides to share more. Granted it can probably be found if someone was really determined to find it, but I'll just leave it at he wasn't up to anything good.

mac122 February 5th, 2013 11:09 AM

There have been inquiries about the Heroscape Codex lately. I've got PDFs of all the issues and have uploaded them to Google Docs. I tried adding them to the download section here, but apparently they are too big. I tried today to add them using the Link option. It added a download page, but when I tested it, I received an error. Anyone know how to use this function?

greygnarl February 24th, 2013 07:50 PM

When a person's rep power increases does the rep they left previously increase in value too?

Black_Charos February 24th, 2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greygnarl (Post 1770538)
When a person's rep power increases does the rep they left previously increase in value too?

No, rep given corresponds to the power of the person at the time they gave the boon.

marrowick March 3rd, 2013 02:35 PM

Hey I uploaded a couple maps a while a go because I needed to give people a link to building instructions of a map I entered in a map contest. When I first uploaded them a vbulliten message said "I did not have permission to access this page" I figured that downloads had to be approved before being allowed to download but one month later it still says the same thing. Why is this?

Lamaclown March 3rd, 2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marrowick (Post 1774611)
Hey I uploaded a couple maps a while a go because I needed to give people a link to building instructions of a map I entered in a map contest. When I first uploaded them a vbulliten message said "I did not have permission to access this page" I figured that downloads had to be approved before being allowed to download but one month later it still says the same thing. Why is this?

In order to upload directly to the site you have to be either a Site Supporter (bar on the left side of the screen) or a Contributor.

marrowick March 11th, 2013 12:52 PM

In a few old threads I have seen a post made by someone and below their name it would say "guest" and their post count would read "N/A". What are guests? Is it a function no longer used? Are there still guests around that can post?

Joseph Sweeney March 11th, 2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marrowick (Post 1778412)
In a few old threads I have seen a post made by someone and below their name it would say "guest" and their post count would read "N/A". What are guests? Is it a function no longer used? Are there still guests around that can post?

That's been brought up several times here, actually. It has something to do with the user being ban.

greygnarl March 16th, 2013 10:58 PM

Do Site Supporters get bigger signatures? It says I can only get 600 characters including BBCode and I've seen people put tons of links in their sigs.

flameslayer93 March 16th, 2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greygnarl (Post 1782199)
Do Site Supporters get bigger signatures? It says I can only get 600 characters including BBCode and I've seen people put tons of links in their sigs.

Although I don't know if they do or not, I do know people use Tiny URL so they can increase the number of the links they have.

greygnarl March 16th, 2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vBulletin Message
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to flameslayer93 again.

That is awesome and let me fit an extra link in my sig. Now I can't believe I never took the time to learn what that tinyurl thing I'd seen everywhere was.