Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Scapers Online (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Official Site Question Dump (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=46306)

Shedim Kabal December 1st, 2012 07:18 AM

Re: Official Site Question Dump

Quote:

Originally Posted by infectedsloth (Post 1722579)
Quote:

Originally Posted by onibaku06 (Post 1722578)
I have a question. What is the definitive list of all the badges that one can earn in the HS community? I know of site supporter, but what are the others?

I believe this is all of them, but I might have forgot a couple.
  • Site Supporter
  • Administrator
  • C3V Customs
  • C3V Outer Sanctum
  • C3V Emeritus
  • C3G Customs
  • SoV Judge
  • SoV Emeritus
  • BoV Judge
  • BoV Emeritus
  • Online HS
  • Unit Strategy Review
  • Rules Team
  • Codex Staff
  • BoM Judge
  • WotC Staff Member
Edit: I forgot Scenario Writers, oh well 17/18 isn't bad.

Contributor, too (pretty rare status these days).

Joseph Sweeney January 12th, 2013 09:39 PM

Two questions here:

1) What's up with the whole "guest" thing?

I've been viewing some old threads and have seen guys like ninjadust, and ultradoug; who, maintain the ability to post even though they are not official members. So, what's the point of being a "guest?" It seems no different than being a member.

2) When was the last Moderator "dubbed"? It seems like we havn't had a new mod in awhile.

Thanks!

~JS

MegaSilver January 12th, 2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney (Post 1744034)
Two questions here:

I've been viewing some old threads and have seen guys like ninjadust, and ultradoug; who, maintain the ability to post even though they are not official members. So, what's the point of being a "guest?" It seems no different than being a member.

2) When was the last Moderator "dubbed"? It seems like we havn't had a new mod in awhile.

Thanks!

~JS

1. I would like to know too.

2. I think I would be the last Mod. ;)

Joseph Sweeney January 12th, 2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MegaSilver (Post 1744040)
Quote:

Two questions here:

Thanks!

~JS

1. I would like to know too.

2. I think I would be the last Mod. ;)

1) That makes two of us.

2) How long ago was that?

MegaSilver January 12th, 2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney (Post 1744041)
2) How long ago was that?

June/July 2012? For Book Keeping.

infectedsloth January 12th, 2013 10:23 PM

Viegon recently become a moderator of the OS. I'm not sure if he was a mod of anything else before that.

ibechief January 12th, 2013 10:26 PM

I think we have a new moderator in C3G as well.

Arch-vile January 12th, 2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

I've always wondered this too.

Xorlof January 13th, 2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

1) What's up with the whole "guest" thing? I've been viewing some old threads and have seen guys like ninjadust, and ultradoug; who, maintain the ability to post even though they are not official members. So, what's the point of being a "guest?" It seems no different than being a member.

That is actually a vBulletin bug. Those people were members when they posted--it is just that their vBulletin profile went a little screwy. I just kicked off a maintenance task which *might* fix it when it is complete, but maybe not...

Quote:

I don't keep track of it closely, but I'm aware of several in the last year. There has been one this month, one back in October, a couple mid-last year, and one in April at the very least. The most common mod promotion pattern (there are others), in recent times at least, seems to be 1) an area needs some extra mod help, 2) very-established/senior member(s) in that area nominates someone to one of the admins, 3) admins have a brief internal discussion, and 4) the nomination is usually approved.

SuperSamyon January 13th, 2013 01:52 AM

What will it take to revamp some of the forums on this site? I know a lot of people have offered suggestions but it seems to fall on deaf ears.

Do you guys have a committee set up that can review site statistics and address needs?

I ask because it seems like a number of our forums are no longer necessary anymore and only separate important topics. For instance, Heroscape News and Heroscape General Discussion should really be one forum now.

Just a suggestion.

Agent Minivann January 13th, 2013 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xorlof (Post 1744108)
Quote:

1) What's up with the whole "guest" thing? I've been viewing some old threads and have seen guys like ninjadust, and ultradoug; who, maintain the ability to post even though they are not official members. So, what's the point of being a "guest?" It seems no different than being a member.

That is actually a vBulletin bug. Those people were members when they posted--it is just that their vBulletin profile went a little screwy. I just kicked off a maintenance task which *might* fix it when it is complete, but maybe not...

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that it relates to being banned before the switch to vBulletin from phpBB. I don't know when the switch happened or when the banning happened, so I could be way off. I don't remember ninjadust, but ultradoug was definitely banned. That one was a pretty big deal.

Joseph Sweeney January 13th, 2013 07:23 AM

Thanks, guys!