Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Confred May 27th, 2016 08:39 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

@CJtheMighty cool idea but not fitting for this character. Ookla breaks and throws and clubs, not so much strategically places. When he gets frightened by water, he doesn't get creative, he gets belligerent.

Confred May 27th, 2016 09:00 PM

After a little cleaning:
IMPROVISED ARTILLERY
Before attacking, you may choose one small or medium Squad figure, or Destructible Object that is adjacent to Ookla, and destroy it to add 3 to Ookla's Range value.

Suggestions for an alternate power name? "Improvised Artillery" is a placeholder and sounds too formal, too militaristic.

Barry allen May 27th, 2016 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2092563)
After a little cleaning:
IMPROVISED ARTILLERY
Before attacking, you may choose one small or medium Squad figure, or Destructible Object that is adjacent to Ookla, and destroy it to add 3 to Ookla's Range value.

Suggestions for an alternate power name? "Improvised Artillery" is a placeholder and sounds too formal, too militaristic.

Object Heave

Tree hurl

Improvised Catapult

Break And Throw

Dysole May 27th, 2016 10:52 PM

In a Word

Chuck

~Dysole, briefly

William099 May 28th, 2016 01:14 AM

Re: In a Word

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2092570)
Chuck

~Dysole, briefly

Fling

~William099, been playing Magic recently.

Confred May 28th, 2016 09:35 AM

After watching three more episodes, I'm comfortable thinking we are on the right track. I was hoping to discover some phrases to use as power titles, but alas.
Those are some good ideas, but none quite capture Ookla in action.
Break and Throw is the closest.
Clear the Rabble. inspired by that, but still not perfect.

It's not a generic power, so it doesn't have to have name that can fit anywhere, like "Fling" or "Chuck", so we do have some leeway there.

Confred May 28th, 2016 12:49 PM

IMPROVISED ARTILLERY (a)
BREAK AND THROW (b)
BREAK RABBLE (c)

Dysole May 28th, 2016 02:21 PM

Worth Noting

Grimnak has a unique power called Chomp. Just because it's simple doesn't mean it can't be unique.

~Dysole, informationally

Confred May 28th, 2016 03:07 PM

Re: Worth Noting

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2092600)
Grimnak has a unique power called Chomp. Just because it's simple doesn't mean it can't be unique.

~Dysole, informationally

I was getting theoretical and talking from an unsupported place. Please, I'll explain some:
Chomp is a unique power and one that requires lines to explain, but it matches its 'simple' title due to its versatility. A T-Rex may have it or a shark or a whale or a trash compactor, etc. It works. Now if he could Chomp only elves, that would be a waste of a good 'simple' power name.
In Ookla's case, the power could be called 'wrecking ball', but something else, a Solborg for example may want to have a power with that same name yet not want the range component. That extra detail of fluff is what separates it from the 'simple' power category, which opens doors for titles that are quotes or references from the show or have a more rough and tumble naming style such as, 'break and throw'

CJofCourse May 29th, 2016 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2092560)
@CJtheMighty cool idea but not fitting for this character. Ookla breaks and throws and clubs, not so much strategically places. When he gets frightened by water, he doesn't get creative, he gets belligerent.

Understood, just throwing ideas out there. I haven't watched the show at all (aside from a few clips) so I can't help much on this design.

Confred May 29th, 2016 04:10 PM

@CJtheMighty I appreciate and welcome all contributions.

Hopefully we can get some Play Tests in this week.

CJofCourse May 29th, 2016 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2092643)
@CJtheMighty I appreciate and welcome all contributions.

Hopefully we can get some Play Tests in this week.

Can we decide on a few definitive designs to playtest? I think I will have some time later this week and would be able to do a few small playtests.