Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

TREX May 26th, 2015 01:25 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Initially, Kratos would earn his treasure glyphs by killing heroes. If, and when he comes back from hades, he would have to kill the enemies that picked up his glyphs to get the previously earned glyphs back. Other wise he can continue earning the glyphs he had not earned yet. On the Treasure glyphs themselves, I want to put a clause in there that makes the user of the glyph roll for damage if they are not a God or Demi God figure. something like this, After using this treasure glyph, if the user is not a God or Demi God hero roll the 20 sided die, if you roll a 5 or lower, the figure wielding this glyph receives one wound. They are godly weapons and such. A mortal or normal hero may take damage wielding a weapon such as this.

Tornado May 26th, 2015 01:53 PM

Interesting. Do your opponent's heroes start with the glyphs or does the act of killing them, make them appear?

TREX May 26th, 2015 06:22 PM

@Tornado , I'm going for a reward system to initially get them on to kratos's card from Utgar, as if he is rewarding Kratos(like the gods)with powers for killing unique heroes. This may end up being more of a Kratos from God of war 1 as it sounds. Then if kratos is killed, he may take those earned glyphs back from the people that picked them up when he died, but continue earning the remaining glyphs that had not yet been earned.

JC McMinis May 26th, 2015 07:09 PM

One thing are you set on Champion being his class. After all from what I have read about him, never having played the games, he is nobody's champion. Perhaps Warrior would suit hum better.

TREX May 26th, 2015 10:33 PM

@JC McMinis ,I'm not set on anything for his class, I like all you guys input(and how this HOF team works). In the first game, he is the Gods champion, In the second game he is the Champion for the Titans, In the third game, he just kills them all. He is a Warrior, so I would definitely consider that. I would leave it to a vote. Warrior would probably fit closest along side champion.

To all, to make this a little more themey, we could switch it to the Kratos off of God of War 1, We can still keep the Blades, It would just be BLADES OF CHAOS, instead of BLADES OF EXILE, that ability can stay the same. He still gets put in hades, and comes back out. Also, in this game, the Gods reward him with abilities for killing enemies and completing tasks. Because then it would make more sense to get these powers for killing random heroes. Whereas in GOW3 he kills and takes the gods themselves powers.
EDIT: After taking all feedback so far and adding a few things, to pull a better theme, I went for Kratos on God of War I, here is what I put on so far with a revised version. Kratos Updated Card

Dysole May 27th, 2015 12:36 AM

How's This Work?

General: Utgar

Demi God
Unique Hero
Ruthless
ChampionWarrior
Medium 5

BY THE GODS
Start the game with 5 Godly Treasure glyphs, for each unique hero kratos destroys, place one Godly Treasure glyph on this Army Card.. Whenever Kratos destroys an opponent's Unique Hero, place a Godly Treasure Glyph on this card. When Kratos is destroyed, place all Godly Treasure Glyphs on this card on or adjacent to the space Kratos occupied, if possible.

BLADES OF CHAOS

When using a normal attack, if the opponent's figure is within 2 spaces of Kratos, and its base is no higher than 5 levels above Kratos height or 5 levels below Kratos base. Kratos may add one to his range when attacking that figure.If an opponent's figure is within 2 spaces of Kratos, and its base is no more than 5 levels above Kratos' height or 5 levels below Kratos' base, Kratos may add 1 to his range when attacking that figure with a normal attack. After attacking with a normal attack, if Kratos rolled at least 2 skulls, he may continue attacking with a normal attack until he does not roll at least 2 skulls up to a maximum of 4 attacks per turn.

FROM THE DEPTHS OF HADES
At the start of each of your turns after Kratos has been destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 20 or higher, immediately place Kratos on a space adjacent to any figure you control and remove all wound markers on Kratos’ card.

For the glyphs something like this?

BOOTS OF HERMES
(Movement and Disengage)

PERMANENT GLYPH

This figure adds 2 to its movement and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. This glyph is a Godly Treasure Glyph. If the figure equipped with this glyph is not a God or Demi-God, roll the 20 sided die. On a roll of 5 or lower, the figure equipped with this glyph takes a wound.

If we wanted to do a specific order we could do this.

BOOTS OF HERMES
(Movement and Disengage)

PERMANENT GLYPH

This figure adds 2 to its movement and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. This glyph is a Godly Treasure Glyph. When using the By the Gods power to equip a figure with this glyph, you may not equip that figure with this glyph unless there are 2 other Godly Treasure Glyphs on that card. If the figure equipped with this glyph is not a God or Demi-God, roll the 20 sided die. On a roll of 5 or lower, the figure equipped with this glyph takes a wound.

~Dysole, making things more officially

McHotcakes May 27th, 2015 01:21 AM

@Dysole I'm really liking your wording for Kratos.

I'm in favor of NOT having a specific order for Kratos to gather his godly treasure glyphs. It's much cleaner to have him get them in whatever order the player wants. It might be a small theme break but I think its for the best.

So I'm in favor of your first version of Boots of Hermes. Though I do have one question.

Quote:

This figure adds 2 to its movement and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. This glyph is a Godly Treasure Glyph. If the figure equipped with this glyph is not a God or Demi-God, roll the 20 sided die. On a roll of 5 or lower, the figure equipped with this glyph takes a wound.
When does the figure roll for damage? Is it when they equip the glyph and that's it? I was under the impression that it would be anytime a non demi-god would use the power on the treasure glyph. So it would be something like...

Quote:

This figure may add 2 to its movement and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. If this figure is not a God or Demi-God then if you add 2 to this Hero's move you must roll the 20 sided die. On a roll of 5 or lower, the figure equipped with this glyph takes a wound.
I'm just throwing the idea out there :shrug:

Dysole May 27th, 2015 02:11 AM

Great Question

Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 2023683)
@Dysole I'm really liking your wording for Kratos.

I'm in favor of NOT having a specific order for Kratos to gather his godly treasure glyphs. It's much cleaner to have him get them in whatever order the player wants. It might be a small theme break but I think its for the best.

So I'm in favor of your first version of Boots of Hermes. Though I do have one question.

Quote:

When does the figure roll for damage? Is it when they equip the glyph and that's it? I was under the impression that it would be anytime a non demi-god would use the power on the treasure glyph. So it would be something like...

Quote:

This figure may add 2 to its movement and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. If this figure is not a God or Demi-God then if you add 2 to this Hero's move you must roll the 20 sided die. On a roll of 5 or lower, the figure equipped with this glyph takes a wound.
I'm just throwing the idea out there :shrug:

Right. Here we go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2023682)
BOOTS OF HERMES
(Movement and Disengage)

PERMANENT GLYPH

This figure adds 2 to its movement and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. This glyph is a Godly Treasure Glyph. If the figure equipped with this glyph is not a God or Demi-God, after taking a turn with that figure, roll the 20 sided die. On a roll of 5 or lower, the figure equipped with this glyph takes a wound.

Might also be able to change the "figure equipped with this glyph" to "that figure" as well.

EDIT: Possibility for your intention with how I'd word it

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2023682)
BOOTS OF HERMES
(Movement and Disengage)

PERMANENT GLYPH

This figure adds 2 to its movement and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. This glyph is a Godly Treasure Glyph. If the figure equipped with this glyph is not a God or Demi-God, and uses one or more abilities granted from this glyph, roll the 20 sided die. On a roll of 5 or lower, the figure equipped with this glyph takes a wound.

~Dysole, clarifying

TREX May 27th, 2015 10:28 AM

@Dysole , I love what you have done with my text. The only thing I changed to better fit him receiving the treasure glyphs by the gods is making him the version of God of War 1. With that said, I love exactly how you set up the text, we may need to take a look at the abilities from that game. Example: The way he gets the Boots of Hermes in the third game is by ripping them off of hermes.(legs along with the boots)
Options for God of war 1
Blade of Artemis- Huge crazy damage sword
Medusa's Gaze-Head of medusa
Zeus's fury-ranged lightning bolts
Army of Hades-summoned creatures
Rage of the gods-immune to damage

If we are still going with theme.

Tornado May 27th, 2015 10:40 AM

http://static.gamesradar.com/images/...icle_image.jpg

Confred May 27th, 2015 12:55 PM

Lots of posting! I've gotten behind. This is what I was jotting down while offline:

BY THE GODS
Start the game with 5 Ancient Artifact Treasure Glyphs. After Kratos destroys an opponent’s Unique Hero, place one of those Glyphs on this card. (Use this power once per round?)
(v2)
After Kratos destroys an opponent’s Unique Hero, place an Ancient Artifact Treasure Glyph on this card. (Use this power once per round?)
Is "Start the game with .." even necessary? This way he can keep collecting beyond 5... The limit of once per round curbs the power level and makes each acquisition more meaningful, but at the same time, how many rounds really are there? And we don't want to encourage slow playing.
Edit: I don't like limiting once per round. Our card has enough words on it.

BLADES OF EXILE
After attacking with a normal or special attack, if Kratos rolled at least 2 skulls, he may continue attacking with normal or special attacks until he does not roll at least 2 skulls. If an opponent's figure is within 4 spaces of Kratos, and its base is no more than 5 levels above Kratos's height or 5 levels below Kratos's base, Kratos may add 3 to his Range when attacking that figure with a normal attack. Blades Of Exile cannot be negated.

CLIMB FROM TARTARUS (Ninja Edit)
At the start of each of your turns after Kratos has been destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 17 or higher, immediately place Kratos on the lowest level space on the edge of the battlefield and remove all wound markers from this card.

Nemean Cestus
Ancient Artifact Treasure Glyph
PERMANENT GLYPH
Special Attack - Range 1. Attack 5+Special.
When attacking destructible objects and figures with Defense 7 or higher, add 3 attack dice to this figure’s roll.

TEMPORARY GLYPH
Special Attack - Range 2 Special. Attack 3 Special.
All opponent’s figures within 2 spaces of this figure are affected by this special attack. Line of sight is not needed. Roll attack dice once. Figures roll defense dice separately. Destructible objects and figures with Defense 7 or higher roll 3 fewer defense dice.
---

I wanted to get that in before reading more than skimming the posts above.

I kind of like this Kratos being from God of War 3, and that's where my head has been, but I can adjust if that's what the people and the lead want.

Warrior does seem good for his class, Spartan for species if we decide not to do Demigod. For class I originally thought Revenant, but nowhere is he officially called that..

If he is destroyed and a figure picks up his Glyphs, when he kills that figure, He'll get a new Glyph from By The Gods and then have the opportunity next OM to pick up what that figure had dropped.

TREX May 27th, 2015 01:36 PM

I like all the suggestions, here is an update. KRATOS CARD UPDATE I like your Nemean Cestus, but in the flavor of keeping him the champion of the gods, changed name to BLADE OF ARTEMIS. It works the same that way, still cool, but keeps it in GOW1.